Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it and he was praised for his defensive abilities, his attacking game was describe as a work in progress.
‘His attacking game was described as a work in progress” was that what you read? Anyone who watched him over that season would know he wasn’t really that great defensively. If anything his speed pulled him out of a lot of problems, he was still good but he is a far better defender now than he was then but he was a far better attacker back then than he is now.

He would constantly drive to the line, inside, go past 2 or 3 people and put balls across the box. He’s gotten worse offensively over the years but honestly feel like this is a CAF myth that he has always been a defensive full back. He really has not.

Good buy.

You need to get a least 1 really good centre back though. The last thing a young defender needs is to come into a disorganised back 4.

Its pretty sad that there are United fans who don't realize it. I'm sure fans of other clubs such as yourself relished at the prospect of playing against Ashley Young as a fullback.

Happy with this signing if it comes off but Christ we need a right wing to link up play with AWB.

Happy with this signing if it comes off but Christ we need a right wing to link up play with AWB.

We're not even linked with any good RWs right now, so I'm guessing it'll be Rashford, Martial, Hamez on the wings next season.

For that price, I think it's fair and United are paying a lot more for the maturation of the potential based on one full year (i.e. the projected output) with Palace...and the longevity of being a United player, which if you're a defender seems to be at least two full contracts at United.

If Walker went for 50 million, even if he had a few more years under him as a Spurs first XI player, then this is okay in terms of fee...but no need to talk about the fee because he's a full back with more potential at 21/22 years old. Walker was and is more of a speed merchant at right back with a really good physicality about him. He was able to play in a three man back line during the world cup with England because he could cover/compensate with speed and had defensive mids and Trippier/Young to cover his right side when defending...but he really didn't defend that convincingly when England had to defend properly.

United have young, but talented and flexible options at full back. Shaw/Young, AWB/Dalot/Young. That's a lot better than last year...how they continue to develop is another thing and hope they develop as individual players and more importantly, how they develop within the system(s) employed by Ole and staff.

55m for England's 4th choice RB doesn't sound great but let's hope he's the real deal.

if anyone believes castles you need your head testing! Anyways other reliable sources have said we haven't agreed on a fee, so no deal yet

55m for England's 4th choice RB doesn't sound great but let's hope he's the real deal.

Who is ahead of him?

Wan Bissaka was probably the best performing RB this year. Had some of the best tackling stats in Europe. As an ex winger he also has serious potential to offer more going forward.

He got awarded player of the year at Palace ahead of Zaha! Young player of the year last year for them. His trajectory is very good.

We are literally going from one of the worst right backs in Young to one of the best in Wan Bisakka.

He is only 21 so his price is not an issue at all. Could get 12 years out of or more! Less than £5m a year if it works out that way.

Reactions: golden_blunder

That's like saying an amount of money wasn't wise for say Spain's 6th best centre mid - when they had that sensational generation.

We're blessed with right backs right now.
If you said we were buying England's 4th best keeper, or left winger etc I'd be a lot more worried

‘His attacking game was described as a work in progress” was that what you read? Anyone who watched him over that season would know he wasn’t really that great defensively. If anything his speed pulled him out of a lot of problems, he was still good but he is a far better defender now than he was then but he was a far better attacker back then than he is now.

He would constantly drive to the line, inside, go past 2 or 3 people and put balls across the box. He’s gotten worse offensively over the years but honestly feel like this is a CAF myth that he has always been a defensive full back. He really has not.

No, it's what I saw and what a lot of people were also talking about. Shaw wasn't an attacking force and has never been, pretending otherwise is the actual myth.

I’m happy with this signing. Obviously we need more but I like what we’ve done in the market thus far.

Exactly - just checked the tweets thread, and straight away there's a "Man Utd have NOT agreed...." tweet!
To be fair I think that’s a bollocks source too. It’s just the way one tweet from a questionable journalist and people react as though the club have confirmed it. Crazy.

To be fair I think that’s a bollocks source too. It’s just the way one tweet from a questionable journalist and people react as though the club have confirmed it. Crazy.

Yep.
The smart money is that it's very close, and Castles is trying to be smug issuing it as fact early on to gain some sort of kudos.

We all know until the player is in the shirt, or Norwood starts posting on twitter, it's not done.

Honestly, we need a decent right back so badly that I don’t care if we overpay massively, we always do anyway.

we could sigh a scarecrow at right back and would be better then Young so i am chuffed with this signing now lets get a good centre back 2 midfielders and a striker please .

That's like saying an amount of money wasn't wise for say Spain's 6th best centre mid - when they had that sensational generation.

We're blessed with right backs right now.
If you said we were buying England's 4th best keeper, or left winger etc I'd be a lot more worried

Walker is your 1st choice RB and he is hardly brilliant. Wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola replaced him with Cancelo in the starting XI. It's not like England have Cafu and Dani Alves or Lahm.

Walker is your 1st choice RB and he is hardly brilliant. Wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola replaced him with Cancelo in the starting XI. It's not England have Cafu and Dani Alves or Lahm.

Walker is a quality premier league full back. Yes he's not an all time quality right back like those three you mention, but how many players in the whole league are?
A handful, if even that?

Walker is a quality premier league full back. Yes he's not an all time quality right back like those three you mention, but how many players in the whole league are?
A handful, if even that?

Think AWB has more potential than Walker. The market has become crazy though. It's incredible that a player with only 3 caps for the U21 team and 0 apps for the A team may go for a world transfer record fee for his position.

Great news. Young player who could be our RB for the next 10-12 years. I actually reckon Dalot will be played higher up the pitch in a RW position with his defensive frailties proving the reasons why.

So, has he arrived via mata helicopter yet?

No curtain, not even a cheap coat from matalan?

Christ Woodworm, we need answers. I'll check his Instagram over the weekend,and let YOU all know.

Come on, you can't buy the best performing defensive fullback in the premier league for 30m these days.

To some people it's like TV deals, oil clubs, and global football growth never happened. They just have their minds stuck on the prices of a decade ago.

Nothing's been agreed yet. I can't find any info asides that Castle's tweet, so will hold off celebrating for a bit.

Great news. Young player who could be our RB for the next 10-12 years. I actually reckon Dalot will be played higher up the pitch in a RW position with his defensive frailties proving the reasons why.

The capitalisation of Young made be nervous there :nervous:

Talented young player who likely won't be pushing for a move to Real in 2-3 seasons. Sounds good to me. Will be nice having someone capable of defending at fullback. Hopefully he can add more to his attacking game too.

If reports are correct? At least there's signs the transfer targets are being met, won't get to confident, until or it's official?

Anything can happen at OT!

Was calling him Hamez in my original post mostly as a tongue-in-cheek thing, but yes, we have three wide players :)

Understood. I thought I had missed something and you might have been talking about Rodriguez.

I just hope Wan Bissaka doesn't need players around him like Pogba or Lukaku to cater for his deficiency in attacking areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.