Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which journo reported we'd be making a third bid yesterday? Looks like they were right.

Doesn't seem to affect van Aanholt down the other side. Palace are a much more attacking side than people are making out. Their away form in particular was fantastic last season.

And why is it that every player we buy need to be coached further or needs to settle in? So he needs to be coached an entire new facet to his game in order for him to be ready for us and he costs £55m.

Hodgson does not allow both full backs to bomb forward.

Give the lad a chance. He’s going to be a brilliant signing.

Fecking finally. No shit we’re going to pay premium for an obvious problem area, as well as on top of Premier League premium, young player premium AND British premium.

I’m not convinced. I’d like attacking full backs, but our defence is a shambles so solidity will help. I think it’s also easier to bring on the attacking side of a full backs game, than coach the more tactical side. Will get time, but I hope he comes in and shows a lot more than Dalot.

Felix is about to go for €120m... hahah!

I was in favor of getting this guy but 120m for an unknown guy is a huge risk. Oh well, I wouldn't mind us getting Pepe instead for the RW. I hope United push for Skriniar and possibly include Jones, Darmian and Lukaku is a deal for Skriniar..... That would be really hard for Inter to resist.

Hodgson does not allow both full backs to bomb forward.

Give the lad a chance. He’s going to be a brilliant signing.
Problem is we don't need two defensive full backs. I'm not fussed either way as it's AWB or Ashley Young and I know which I'd rather. But I'm not exactly gonna get giddy over it, particularly when we are being to make overpay for him.

I would imagine he has more licence as he isn't covering for Zaha.

But Zaha plays on the left with Townsend on the right.

I'm not dead set against the transfer but I see fans being frustrated with another right back average going forward like we have seen over the years with Young and Valencia but obviously defensively he's better than them two.

£55m for a player who has had one solid season for Crystal Palace. Jesus.

Some fans : Look at what madrid are doing, they are paying whatever to get their rebuild going.

United getting their target

Some fans: United are overpaying..

Given the situation United are in, its almost a given that the club is going to face these type of price tags. The positive thing is that its a young prospect on a position which needed proper recruitment years ago.

How does he compare with Mendy that Madrid signed?

I get ones a LB but similar position and fee?

How does he compare with Mendy that Madrid signed?

I get ones a LB but similar position and fee?

Mendy has two full seasons under his belt at Lyon. A fitting example would be Militao. Madrid paid 50 milion i think and he has only 1 season under his belt. Albeit he is a defender, its an argument in favor of the notion that these type of prices are paid for ‘inexperienced’ players.

Some fans : Look at what madrid are doing, they are paying whatever to get their rebuild going.

United getting their target

Some fans: United are overpaying..

Given the situation United are in, its almost a given that the club is going to face these type of price tags. The positive thing is that its a young prospect on a position which needed proper recruitment years ago.

We're Moanchester United, we'll complain when we want!

This is wonderful news. The lack of balance down that right hand side has been holding us back for years. All of our play has come down the left and has been so easy for teams to defend against. We have persevered with mediocrity for far too long. Now we have James and AWB bombing down the right, with Martial and Shaw on the left. We just need a decent central defender, and a box to box CM and we might just be okay. If Lukaku and Pogba go, then Fernandez and Icardi would be my replacement targets.

Isn't he a converted winger? I'd imagine he's good going forward, how many full-backs do look great in the final third at a Crystal Palace?

I think it’s the weakest part of him game tbh but the idea of having a solid RB is fine as long as he’s put in place to allow for more attacking players at RM.

He’s not got the technical close control of a Marcelo and he’s not got the crossing ability of a TAA. He’s a bit more hit and hope.

£55m will be plus add ons but signing PL proven players has served us well more than it hasn’t historically.

We now need a RW and CM and CB

(Not happening I know!)

This is wonderful news. The lack of balance down that right hand side has been holding us back for years. All of our play has come down the left and has been so easy for teams to defend against. We have persevered with mediocrity for far too long. Now we have James and AWB bombing down the right, with Martial and Shaw on the left. We just need a decent central defender, and a box to box CM and we might just be okay. If Lukaku and Pogba go, then Fernandez and Icardi would be my replacement targets.

Let’s wait until preseason to see if this the case.

Kerching! Woosnam is well connected with our academy so I reckon this is legit.

Can’t argue if that fee is accurate, funny as just over a year ago me and my bro were walking to the ground bemoaning our lack of depth and asking who the feck Wan-Bissaka is...fast forward just 16 months and he’s about to become the most expensive full-back in history. Crazy how these things work :D

Can’t argue if that fee is accurate, funny as just over a year ago me and my bro were walking to the ground bemoaning our lack of depth and asking who the feck Wan-Bissaka is...fast forward just 16 months and he’s about to become the most expensive full-back in history. Crazy how these things work :D

It’ll look well in your owners bank account. Don’t celebrate too much as your personal bank balance will be the same tomorrow.

:angel:

Good signing, finally something to be happy about, may we kick on now with maybe 1-2 more.

For £55m we could buy Alderweireld and Meunier. But I would be happy to see AWB instead of Ashley Young. BTW, any idea how much it would cost Cancelo?
We already have an attacking right back in Dalot, so Wan Bissaka would be a big improvement in our defense.

Somehow, I don't see that word and that name together in same sentence.

Who the hell is kerching ! Woosnam and what has he said ?

For £55m we could buy Alderweireld and Meunier. But I would be happy to see AWB instead of Ashley Young. BTW, any idea how much it would cost Cancelo?
We already have an attacking right back in Dalot, so Wan Bissaka would be a big improvement in our defense.
About the same, but Cancelo wouldn't come here.

Let’s wait until preseason to see if this the case.

Just watch the City v Palace game at the Emptyhad. Palace won 2-3. AWB was an absolute beast in that game. He made Sane look like he was a child playing against a man. They then moved Sterling onto the left and he didn't get a sniff either. Then AWB started tearing up the pitch and suddenly these attacking minded players were pegged back in their own half. He can defend well and then attack in the next breath. A complete full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.