Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proven exactly how? He just has one season under his belt within one specific set up. Hope he does well obviously but we’re being taken to the cleaners for relatively unknown quantity.
One excellent season in the PL is a lot more than most 21 year olds have.

I felt the same way but I genuinely can’t fathom that we’d sign a fullback who can’t attack because surely Ole wants to go all in playing a modern attacking system.

If it was Mou then I could imagine it but why would Ole go so hard for a fullback who can’t contribute in attack. Surely we’re missing something with these stats, I mean he did used to be a winger so he can’t be that bad going forward

I doubt Alexander and walker would be attacking beasts in a palace team in fairness.

If he says 55 then it is 45, not a world record.

Also, if he goes on to be a first teamed then the price is cheap. Shaws 30m is cheap in hindsight and he hasn't even been good

Can’t believe there’s any negativity over this signing!!

New player in problem position - Check!
No more Ashley Young - Check!
Young and British* - Check!
Great potential - Check!

and for anyone moaning about the money, it’s not like it’s coming out of your back pocket.

*Not that British players are any better, it would just be nice to get back to having a core of homegrown players, like we’ve always had. Just seems very ‘Utd’.

£55m for a player who has had one solid season for Crystal Palace. Jesus.

Will be worth it twice over if he gives us 10-12 years of good service.

The lad is going to be a star here. The club is actually getting something right for a change.

Castles article bringing up Shaw is actually relevant, we paid 30m for him at a time where he'd been far less impressive than AWB has been and with transfer market inflation the fees are pretty much the same

Inflation’s a bitch, but luckily we can afford it. The Premiership is an expensive place to shopping in.
An exciting young fullback. Yes!

He's decent enough but no one should be spending 50m+ on defensive full backs.

He plays under Roy bloody Hodgson. The most negative, defensive minded manager in the league.

He’ll get a far greater licence to get forward at United and will be coached to attack.

Crazy expensive if true but that's what young English PL proven players cost these days so let's just hope he turns out to be worth it.
Funny how you and myself were disputing the haggle over an extra £5m but then Woodward blows us both out of the water by throwing another £10m at it...haha

The amount of people labelling him defensive is getting tiresome now.
How many watch him often?
How attacking can any full back be in a palace team?

I had a season ticket at Fulham last year. TFM was unbelievably bad, I felt bad for him because the Fulham fans hated him. Although they are so tame that he probably didn’t hear it.

I won’t argue that he was a disaster at Fulham. That wasn’t the consensus of his Palace spell that’s all. I mean, I don’t argue that AWB is ahead of him. The point is more I have seen them both when playing well and my opinion is that there isn’t anything AWB can do that TFM can’t do, when playing well. That hasn’t been the case over last season, so the question is, at 21, will he never play well again?

I’d prefer a different full back to both of them. I’d prefer Aarons tbh.

That's a good bit of business if as reported it's true. I was most concerned with the length of time it was taking. We were starting to run out of time before pre-season and we still need more.

Castles article bringing up Shaw is actually relevant, we paid 30m for him at a time where he'd been far less impressive than AWB has been and with transfer market inflation the fees are pretty much the same
Ummmmm when we bough Shaw had he just not been in the premier league team of the season? If anything his season was better than what Wan Bissaka has just done but continue on your agenda. Shaw was excellent that year and a proper attacking force.

Anyway, if we’ve signed Bissaka then brilliant even if the price is eye watering. RB is an area that has needed looking at long before Fergie left and it’s never really been fixed.

Dalot I guess will become the fullback utility man or occasional winger.

Glad if we have signed him up. 55 million is a lot but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes. We are signing a starting 11 right back which we desperately need, not a backup goalkeeper ffs.

He plays under Roy bloody Hodgson. The most negative, defensive minded manager in the league.

He’ll get a far greater licence to get forward at United and will be coached to attack.
Doesn't seem to affect van Aanholt down the other side. Palace are a much more attacking side than people are making out. Their away form in particular was fantastic last season.

And why is it that every player we buy need to be coached further or needs to settle in? So he needs to be coached an entire new facet to his game in order for him to be ready for us and he costs £55m.

As he is about to join us, he scores a last minute own goal to lose the u21s the game.

Players really do turn to shit when they come here don't they :lol::lol::lol:

I'm obviously messing around so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Ummmmm when we bough Shaw had he just not been in the premier league team of the season? If anything his season was better than what Wan Bissaka has just done but continue on your agenda. Shaw was excellent that year and a proper attacking force.

Anyway, if we’ve signed Bissaka then brilliant even if the price is eye watering. RB is an area that has needed looking at long before Fergie left and it’s never really been fixed.

Agenda?

Fecking hell :lol:

Isn't he a converted winger? I'd imagine he's good going forward, how many full-backs do look great in the final third at a Crystal Palace?

As he is about to join us, he scores a last minute own goal to lose the u21s the game.

Players really do turn to shit when they come here don't they :lol::lol::lol:

I'm obviously messing around so don't get your knickers in a twist.
He just wants England knocked out early so he can come back and sign, obviously.

Don't care if he's crap going forward. The defence is shite, that's what he should be signed for.

If you want an attacking threat on the right.....now hear me out because this is complicated......sign a right winger.

Shaw has never been an attacking force, he was praised for his defensive abilities.

The amount of people labelling him defensive is getting tiresome now.
How many watch him often?
How attacking can any full back be in a palace team?

Van Aanholt doesn't seem to have a problem attacking for Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.