A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Decotron, lets say Young plays absolutely sensationally and Nani has a slump, why should Young still be third choice?

This place is lost at the moment. We should probably just give up seeing as Barcelona still exist :rolleyes:

You'd swear we didnt just win the league ffs. Id love to fax a few people back to the 80's for some bastarding perspective

He's wearing red... It's official.

Cracker of a player and someone who will help us immensely.

Pros: Proper dual footed, can play on the left, great at set pieces, fast, trickery, English.

How anyone could complain is baffling. He's different than any winger we currently have and offers us another playing style. Plus his abilities from set pieces will secure us another 5/6 goals a season.

I can see a popular formation being:

----------------Rooney--------------
----------Young---------------------
Nani------------------------Valencia
-------Carrick----New Guy---------

what did Hernandez do wrong then?

I'm getting quite happy about this signing. He's not (well it seems) what we would call a 'special' signing as he's not one that has set the premier league alight let alone Europe but he is still a very good player and with better players around him I'm sure he'd be excellent for us.

As said above, he can take set pieces for us which we have really lost for several years.

Good player with pace and versatility. Gives us a bit more flexibility in attack which is always a good thing.

According to stats his end products is very good. If remember right it was better then Sanchez. I think we did the right choice.

It all depends on whether there's enough cash left to get a centre midfielder. If there is, great, we've got a good new option on the wing and have strengthened our squad. If there isn't, what the feck are we thinking?

You embarrassing cnuts.

An insult indeed, with your record of melodramatic pessimism in the face of constant triumph.

Very pleased about this one. He's a better and more influential player than people are giving him credit for. His ability to play centrally will be a big boost when we need to change tactics and try to break stubborn teams down.

He's 26 and not one of these special players. However, as back up to Valencia and Nani, its a decent signing. Hope he proves me wrong

Nevertheless, to keep up with Barca, we require some special, world class player - hope we invest the money in midfield

what did Hernandez do wrong then?

Nothing. But that formation would help us better in Europe with one man up top and freeing Young to wander about into space, creating chances and dribbling - something a tandem of Rooney and Hernandez can't do yet.

Finally some action. This one has dragged on long enough. Now we will probably have the strongest group of wingers in the league. Like Valencia he's been quite consistent at his current club, but we're giving him a bigger stage to improve beyond all recognition.

I think he'll be a very good signing for us.

Anyone got goal and assist stats for the last 2 years? Possibly in comparison to nani and Sanchez?!

letranger0 had some interesting stats but I cant find them. But if I remember right his stats was close to Nani and better then Sanchez. Maybe someone find them..

He'll be a good player for us but, assuming De Gea signs - that's around the 50 mil mark for 3 signings. Do we have another 30-35 mil to plop down on a CM? I think he'll be good but, really a luxury signing and hope when it comes to getting a solid CM, that the money spent on Young is not something we look back and say - well we could have used that money to put us over the top on a Modric or someone.

That being said - hope SAF turns him into an absolute world beater.

Would be unsurprising as Young is a productive player and right now Sanchez is not particularly

Young
2010/11 39 games 9 goals 14 ass
2009/10 49 9 13

Sanchez
2010/11 27 12 6 (only Serie A)
2009/10 25 5 3 ( only Serie A)

This. People really need to get a grip and more importantly, get behind this lad and give him a chance before forming opinions.

Agree 100%. He brings things we are lacking - most notably a massive upgrade on our corners and free kicks. He is also 2-footed and can play through the middle as well as out wide, and has been doing very well at Villa for several seasons now so shows his consistency in a team which has struggled due to manager upheaval and selling other players.

He could be an absolute star for us next season, and I'm backing him to be successful quickly. I think he needs to earn his place in the first 11 so think he will be on the bench at first, but I think he will force his way into the team quite quickly. I don't think he will be a "useful squad addition" at all, I think he will improve our first team.

We need to back him and look at all the positives he brings us instead of moaning about how he isn't Sanchez.

Good buy.

Now we just need TWO WORLD CLASS CENTRE MIDS!!

I think Fergie will add Modric & Rodwell

I think its highly unlikely that we will sign 2 Established CM's.. 1 at best.. I still think SAF will go for an up and coming one rather than an established one (Modric, Sneijder) Don't get me wrong I would love to see Modric but I doubt it would happen.. Banega would be a perfect fit to SAF's recent signings.. He is young, talented and has room for molding he has some potential to improve.. The only down side would be that he would cost quite a few quid.. North of 20M GBP if you ask me..

And a keeper?

David De Gea

great buy, can't wait to see how he links up with our lads going to be beautiful

Anyone got goal and assist stats for the last 2 years? Possibly in comparison to nani and Sanchez?!

How about 4 years (3 for Sanchez)?

A. Young
07/08 - 8 goals/17 assists
08/09 - 8 goals/10 assists
09/10 - 9 goals/13 assists
10/11 - 9 goals/13 assists

Nani
07/08 - 4 goals/11 assists
08/09 - 6 goals/2 assists
09/10 - 7 goals/9 assists
10/11 - 10 goals/14 assists

Sanchez
08/09 - 3 goals/2 assists
09/10 - 5 goals/3 assists
10/11 - 12 goals/6 assists

Stats from Soccernet. Dunno how accurate they are.

Villa fans saying (on one of their forums) we're signing him for 20mil. That's bollocks surely?

good signing for me,always looked decent at villa and will only improve coming to us..wish the fecking idiots would stop calling him a squad buy,nothing special etc.

You do have to bare in mind that Nani wasnt always a starter like Young. And I believe that since Barry left, Young has been taking Villa's penalties. Can anyone confirm that?

Status
Not open for further replies.