A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm an ambitious person who wants to win titles and leagues and cups and stuff," Young told the Birmingham Mail.

So not Liverpool then :lol:

Aston Villa assistant manager Gary McAllister has moved to quash talk of Ashley Young leaving the Midlands club, insisting "we want to keep him".

Young was spotted waving to all four corners of Villa Park after being substituted late in the second half of Sunday's 1-0 victory over Liverpool.

The England winger's future has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks, with some terrific displays increasing the likelihood other clubs will come in for him in the summer. However, McAllister is remaining bullish, declaring the player will only leave if his valuation is met.

"He wasn't coming off waving goodbye because we want to keep him," he said. "I think people thought that was staged but his calf was screaming.

"We have to keep trying and a couple of signings here or there might help. I am sure there is interest because there has been a lot of speculation around Ashley for a long time now.

"Until such a time that someone comes in with a bid which is acceptable to Aston Villa then he is still a Villa player because he has a year left on his contract. But there is no way of me predicting how clubs will do their business."

Only a matter of time despite McAllister putting a brave face on things but where will he go.

I really hope we get him. He would excel here...

Him, Rodwell and a top, top class CM is my dream summer. Shouldn't be too ridiculous for us to spend that sort of money after selling Ronaldo and not spending much at all since.

If Fergie is actually allowed to spend properly...

Darren Bent is fearful that the lure of playing for Manchester United will entice Ashley Young away from Aston Villa this summer.

The Villa hitman, who joined the club in January's transfer window in a record deal from Sunderland, has helped them pull away from the relegation places and secure a top-10 finish this past season.

However, Bent does not hold great hope in seeing the club hold onto one of their best players this close season, as Young approaches the final year of his Villa Park contract and shows no sign of agreeing an extension.

Therefore with Villa not wanting to lose the England international, who cost them £9.65m when he arrived from Watford in January 2007, on a free transfer in 12 months, they will be forced to sell this summer.

While Bent is doing his best to get Young to stay on at Villa, he feels the prospect of playing in the Champions League with Sir Alex Ferguson's Premier League champions will be too much for him to resist.

"Every day I'm in his ear going 'please just give us one more year!'," the striker told the Daily Mirror.
"But when you've got teams like Manchester United coming in for you it makes it very difficult."

he will go, if someone like man city make a bid....

City seem to have all but sorted Sanchez's transfer so they won't necessarily go for Young. I could see Young improving significantly while with us, Sanchez is a superior talent but it counts for nothing if he doesn't fulfil his potential and there's a good chance that he won't at City.

City seem to have all but sorted Sanchez's transfer so they won't necessarily go for Young. I could see Young improving significantly while with us, Sanchez is a superior talent but it counts for nothing if he doesn't fulfil his potential and there's a good chance that he won't at City.

I think Sanchez is a better fit for City and their 433 formation than us with a 442 or 451 formation.

Don't think Sanchez would do badly with us, but i don't think he would be deployed in his most natural role.

Sanchez is such a good player that he will excel in almost any system. Still hoping Inter take him but if he does go to City, expect him to score plenty.

Good player and if we get him for £12m then it would be good, with Nani, Valencia and hopefully Young as our wingers we would have the fastest mid fielders in the PL

We do need that in midfield and hopefully we'll sign someone there as well. But maintaining quality on the wings is vital as well. We have Valencia and Nani. Past that, not as much. Park has his qualities, but he's not the sort of player who will tear apart opposition. And Giggs is 37.

Thats all good,but we don't need anymore squad players,what we need is someone that is better than the midfielders we have got..

And why would he be a squad player? He's 25, has plenty of time to further develop but even now he could be a potential game winner. Add the fact that he will be much cheaper than other options for that position and has PL experience, he'll be a very good buy.

I'm actually more and more excited about this possible transfer. He'd be great here.

Young is a far more accomplished player than Rodwell, strange comparison.

Youngs been one of the most creative players in the league for years now playing in a generally average side, put him in a side with world class forwards and hed create a bucket load.

Hes a quality player.

Has he?

He doesn't really beat his man, he doesn't really score goals. Does he split defences? He's got a good cross, that's true.

Yes, check his assists over the last 4 seasons, consistently up there with the top players in the league, that whilst playing for Aston Villa who obviously dont have the forwards we do, and you dont think he beats his man? when i watch him hes very good at isolating full backs and beating them hence why hes able to get in so many good crosses from wide.

I see Young as a very similar singing to Valenca 2 years ago.

If he's signed he'll be back up to Nani and Valencia.

Obertan has not fulfilled his potential, and it was very obvious have desperate we looked without a decent wide player with Valencia injured.

He's got 7 league goals and 11 assists this season for a not too good Aston Villa, sometimes playing with Heskey upfront. 10 assists last season, 9 the one before that. He's been consistently delievering.

Well I'll take your word for it.

What about Rodwell? What does he do? He looks like a thoroughbred, on the rare occasion he's let out the paddock. But then I sort of lose sight of him during the game.

Well i agree with you on Rodwell, i dont get what the fuss is all about either, hes another Jordan Henderson, ie ridiculously over rated.

Nani/Valencia are better and Park has the squad role sorted. Our team isn't that good where we should be paying £15m or however much for a bench player.

What about Rodwell? What does he do? He looks like a thoroughbred, on the rare occasion he's let out the paddock. But then I sort of lose sight of him during the game.

I can only think interest in Rodwell is due to his versatility.

O'Shea of the future.

If he's signed he'll be back up to Nani and Valencia.

Obertan has not fulfilled his potential, and it was very obvious have desperate we looked without a decent wide player with Valencia injured.

Theres no such thing as 'back up players' with us anymore, Sir alex says this all the time and its true its a squad game here more than ever, we play close to 60 games every season, injuries and what not will also happen, Young would be rotated with Nani and Valencia as would Park throughout the year, plenty of games for all, plus he can play off the front to as hes done many times for Villa this year.

Nani/Valencia/Young/Park would be an excellent collection of wide players to go into a season with.

Just dont understand all this hype and drooling over Rodwell. Average player.

I was hoping for Sanchez or Hazard so we could see Fergie do what he did with Ronaldo, or even a proper leftie like Mata, but it looks like we are going a couple of tiers lower. Young is ok and will do a good squad job.

Theres no such thing as 'back up players' with us anymore, Sir alex says this all the time and its true its a squad game here more than ever, we play close to 60 games every season, injuries and what not will also happen, Young would be rotated with Nani and Valencia as would Park throughout the year, plenty of games for all, plus he can play off the front to as hes done many times for Villa this year.

Nani/Valencia/Young/Park would be an excellent collection of wide players to go into a season with.

Management would always have to say it's a squad game. When big games come along the side pretty much picks itself. The best players will always play the most games.

Management would always have to say it's a squad game. When big games come along the side pretty much picks itself. The best players will always play the most games.

Nanis been our best player this season, in all likelihood he wont start the champions league final.

Sometimes its not that simple im afraid, horses for courses, Young would suit certain matches that maybe Valencia or Nani wouldnt in Fergies eyes, just as Park suits certain matches Nani dosnt, its not always about whos the best player.

Nanis been our best player this season, in all likelihood he wont start the champions league final.

Sometimes its not that simple im afraid.

When he was our best player, he was a starter. Then he had a horrible game against Liverpool that gifted them a goal and culminated in him getting Carraghered off, and since then he's been short on confidence and half the player. As a result, he's currently a squad player, who tends not to start the bigger games. As and when he gets back to how he was playing before, he'll be a starter again.

I don't get why Young is supposed to be a squad player when he can develop into a better player than Valencia and Nani, it's entirely possible because potential is there. And he isn't really a couple of tiers lower than Sanchez and Hazard, that's just ridiculous. He's so underrated here for some reason.

Sometimes its not that simple im afraid, horses for courses, Young would suit certain matches that maybe Valencia or Nani wouldnt in Fergies eyes, just as Park suits certain matches Nani dosnt, its not always about whos the best player.

That's one of the reasons why we are so good, we don't have fixed tactics and style of play, we adapt to who who we play and employ specific tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.