A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Mata would suit us more though, Question marks all over for A.Youngs final ball, he is a good player but Mata would provide that finishing touch and that intelligence similar to what Giggsy is doing now.

Three years younger than A.Young too... But would cost more.

Wouldn't mind A.Young similar to Valencia.

Hardly....have a look at his assists since he's played in the premiership. Im not even his biggest fan but I do see him as a realistic target...

bensmith_Times

#LFC are a step ahead of #MUFC in race for Ashley Young although I get the impression United's priorities lie elsewhere

feck you, nick.

My post is way better formatted than yours anyway.

I think Young's Agent has leaked this, every major newspaper is carrying this today(Sun, Guardian, Times, Express)

I was all for young and still would be but starting to think that maybe there are other areas we could focus on first of all. If we could pick him up for £10m id be happy with that.

Obviously someone has leaked this. But the truth is Liverpool need him more and therefore might pursue him more quickly and more rigorously.

It sounds to me like his agent is trying to whip up more interest.

Not really too fussed about Young, if we get him great, if not i wouldn't be that disappointed.

TBH if we were going to cherry pick from Villa, then Downing would probably be my choice, a much cleverer player with better technique imo.

Not really too fussed about Young, if we get him great, if not i wouldn't be that disappointed.

TBH if we were going to cherry pick from Villa, then Downing would probably be my choice, a much cleverer player with better technique imo.

What?

I don't rate Young that highly but even I know he's way better than Downing

He would be a very good signing for Liverpool, to be fair if Dalglish manages to sign three or four players like him I might start to be worried about Liverpool.

bensmith_Times Ben Smith #LFC are a step ahead of #MUFC in race for Ashley Young although I get the impression United's priorities lie elsewhere

This. I don't believe for one minute that the player would actually prefer a move to Liverpool. If he moves to Liverpool, we never gave him an offer. Of that, I am certain.

That being said, he would add a lot to our squad. Hopefully we snub him because we demand more. Players like Hazard and Sanchez seems a lot more exciting. Would love it if we beat City to Sanchez.

He'd slot right in at Liverpool and would be an obvious improvement on their poor set of wingers. I'm still not convinced he's of the required class for United, though.

I'd like him here, he's a realistic target and a good player. Right now we have three wingers, we've been forced to play someone not suited to that position a couple of times this season like Obertan or Fletcher, we will do well to bring in a 4th winger. We play 50+ games a season, he won't have any trouble playing 30-40 of them as he can also be used in the middle in 4-2-3-1.
We have Cleverley coming back. He plays there regularly for our reserves/Wigan. And Giggs is not dead yet. Welbeck can play there too if required. He played in that position mostly for Sunderland.

Saying that I would love it if we sign him. Very good player and quite consistent and productive too over the last couple of years. English, direct, good set piece taker, delivery etc..

Young will be the signing of the summer for someone - he's always just needed to play around better players. I would love it if Arsenal signed him. Probably one of my more controversial view points though, most Gooners down the Arsenal tell me he's shite.

Young is a strange one, he is one of the few English players who is underrated. Surprises me that players like Johnson are rated higher than him despite him proving otherwise every year.

No Young means Sanchez for United?

:drool:

Adding a Sanchez or Hazard is a case of adding a player to a part of the team that is already strong, but they are too good to miss out on, otherwise I don't see the point.

tbh, why would we want Young? He isn't better than Nani or Valenica. He doesn't have the big-game pedigree or attributes of Park. I'm sure this is 90% media speculation because he's English, and Man United-related transfer targets sell....the other 10% being muppets on forums carrying the story further

Young is a strange one, he is one of the few English players who is underrated. Surprises me that players like Johnson are rated higher than him despite him proving otherwise every year.

Yep, you're right here. I think he's done alright this year which is surprising given quite how bad his team has been. Just keep him away from pens and he'll be OK.

And you think buying Young would change that? :D

Young is not top club material...

I do and agree with his sentiments but, also accept at some point they'll improve on the crap they've had so far. With a player like Carrol in the line up, it would be crazy if they didn't buy wide men that could put crosses into the box - which Young is quite capable of from either wing.

Something funny? If you think Young is a technically better player than Downing then you are certainly seeing something i am not. Young's game is based a lot upon his pace, not his intelligence, Downing imo can actually play.

I am not suggesting Downing is brilliant, but only that i think he would be a better fit for us as he is clever, left footed and is a much better passer than Young. Young would be an expensive stand in on the wing imo. Both of our current wingers are significantly better than him and he would bring nothing to our team that we do not have already. He isn't even a particularly good crosser of the ball for a winger.

Downing on the other hand would be a viable and mobile alternative to Giggs playing alongside Carrick and shares many of the attributes that Giggs currently offers.

Only an opinion, if you don't agree then fine. But try at least to back up your view with a considered argument, instead of throwing smilies around like some sort of halfwit.

Young will be the signing of the summer for someone - he's always just needed to play around better players. I would love it if Arsenal signed him. Probably one of my more controversial view points though, most Gooners down the Arsenal tell me he's shite.

I'd be happy if we sign him and I think he'll rise to the challenge of playing with better players too, but I am hoping we get someone better in too who will be our marquee signing of the summer.

Young and Downing .. do not want, despite them being potentially good signings for Liverpool, I think we should set our sights higher when it comes to left-wing talent.

I'd be happy if we sign him and I think he'll rise to the challenge of playing with better players too, but I am hoping we get someone better in too who will be our marquee signing of the summer.

Marquee signing for you in the summer would be a left and a top CB. Young would fit Pool just fine with you CM options and forwards. Defense is where I'd say you are most vulnerable - Carra can only carry you so far.

Young and Downing .. do not want, despite them being potentially good signings for Liverpool, I think we should set our sights higher when it comes to left-wing talent.

I agree, in an ideal world. But many believe that CM and GK could be our main priorities this summer, and to fill those roles adequately we will probably have to spend a significant amount.

I cannot for the life of me see SAF then spending heavily again to get the best possible LW option. Which many would probably agree would be very nice if it were to happen, but much more likely to be a more reasonably priced target, considering it would possibly be less of a prority than the other areas mentioned.

I would love Young at United. I'm certain he will do well wherever he goes.

Only situation I would not want him would be if Sanchez or Bale were options. I doubt they will be :(

Status
Not open for further replies.