A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

I think Poch would be mental to leave what he's doing with those cnuts. Empires rise and fall and I think he'd be much happier and more successful staying where he is.
He probably just doesn’t want to waste his career at Spurs

Glast, you really fecking dislike Utd and it’s fanbase don’t you?

May I ask what you get from posting in here? I’ve always wondered.

Are you actually real or a robot?

You're deliberately provoking him.

I've had my issues with Glaston in the past and we've had some pretty nasty debates about our club, but you can't point the finger at him for retaliating when you know full when you're trying to get a reaction out of him.

Thanks mate. How much will we be paying Spurs for Poch by the way, do you know?

That's a tough one because it's hard to know what cumulative inflation will be by the year 2030. Can I get back to you in 2029?

We can try to negotiate if we do not want to pay up the full amount. If we do, nothing Levy can do.

We would have to negotiate a compensation fee with Levy (somewhere in the region of £40 million by all accounts) in order to get Poch.

The 6-month long charm offensive begins today. Get to work Ed!

Okay, I'm getting two different answers here, it seems. I was always under the impression that a club only had to conpensate a certain amount in the worst case scenario, when getting a contracted manager. Negotiations would imply that Levy could flat out reject or set an unreasonable fee, which of course he would.

I think Poch would be mental to leave what he's doing with those cnuts. Empires rise and fall and I think he'd be much happier and more successful staying where he is.
Hardly. He has struggled to do better than last season. If Spurs don't win anything, then Poch would want to know have a new challenge where he would be challenging titles. United could provide him with the means to go for it.

You're deliberately provoking him.

I've had my issues with Glaston in the past and we've had some pretty nasty debates about our club, but you can't point the finger at him for retaliating when you know full when you're trying to get a reaction out of him.
How dare you, I’m only picking his brain on Spurs.

And my point remains. Utd are a giant compared to Spurs and Poch WILL be tempted by us. That’s all I was saying.

The thing about Pochettino is that I don't think that he will leave Spurs for a PL club, he most likely will end up at Madrid if he leaves.

That's a tough one because it's hard to know what cumulative inflation will be by the year 2030. Can I get back to you in 2029?
How much will it cost when we get Poch in 2019? What’s his buyout?

Probably peanuts to Utd but I’d like to know.

Best get a big stockpile of food and old videos of United's glory days then ... you'll have a long old wait.
Despite your rep as something of a comedy figure, you generally make a lot of sensible points, especially when you're not discussing your own club. Cheap (and easily countered ) jibes about glory days should be beneath you really.

He probably just doesn’t want to waste his career at Spurs

It's closer to the truth to think that he wouldn't want to waste it at United, who by all accounts have had a good go at destroying the reputations of 3 managers since SAF retired.

It took Poch more than half a season to get anywhere near going at Spurs - and that was with having decent young players waiting in the wings. He'd be on a hiding to nothing by working for Woodward, who seems to think that further investment isn't required, and miracles should be expected.

Or kill it at yours.
Emery had a huge job at PSG yet still risked his reputation on Arsenal. Yes, he had left PSG but he still couldn’t resist Arsenal.

Different situation but managers simply don’t turn down huge, historic clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd. It’s a bit short sighted to assume that just because we are shite now means we will be in a year’s time.

Again, see Arsenal.

How dare you, I’m only picking his brain on Spurs.

And my point remains. Utd are a giant compared to Spurs and Poch WILL be tempted by us. That’s all I was saying.

Little digs like 'how much will we be paying him to leave, do you know?' and 'he's ours' are obviously designed to get a reaction out of Glaston, which you got.

It's fine, nothing wrong with a bit of playful football banter .. but you can't then be like 'do you hate United?' when he has a little jab back at you.

Emery had a huge job at PSG yet still risked his reputation on Arsenal. Yes, he had left PSG but he still couldn’t resist Arsenal.

Different situation but managers simply don’t turn down huge, historic clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd. It’s a bit short sighted to assume that just because we are shite now means we will be in a year’s time.

Again, see Arsenal.

Emery didn't had a job, that's a little bit more than a different situation.

You would simply stop posting here if Poch join United (and he will).

Am I right?

If you want to discuss Pochettino, Spurs and United then go right ahead. But do stop trying to personalise everything. It's tedious.

Little digs like 'how much will we be paying him to leave, do you know?' and 'he's ours' are obviously designed to get a reaction out of Glaston, which you got.

It's fine, nothing wrong with a bit of playful football banter .. but you can't then be like 'do you hate United?' when he has a little jab back at you.
I do think he’s ours though, why shouldn’t I state that? I’m a Man Utd fan posting on a Utd forum. My opinion is that we’ve had our eye on Poch for a while and we will get him.

And I want to know how much it will cost to land him. My questions are fair.

Again, see Arsenal.

Well it's an interesting choice for him. I bet he's very conflicted. I agree that elite clubs are a major draw, but they also bring a lot of pressure and expectation and all kinds of other baggage.

It's closer to the truth to think that he wouldn't want to waste it at United, who by all accounts have had a good go at destroying the reputations of 3 managers since SAF retired.

It took Poch more than half a season to get anywhere near going at Spurs - and that was with having decent young players waiting in the wings. He'd be on a hiding to nothing by working for Woodward, who seems to think that further investment isn't required, and miracles should be expected.
Reputation of 3 managers? Arguing for the sake of it :lol:

Again, see Arsenal.

PSG were not going to extend Emery's contract, so he left.

Well it's an interesting choice for him. I bet he's very conflicted. I agree that elite clubs are a major draw, but they also bring a lot of pressure and expectation and all kinds of other baggage.
Of course he will be conflicted. But take your Arsenal specs off for a moment. You are Pochettino, you get offered a shit load of cash and also offered the chance to turn Man Utd into a great team again.

You would consider it, anyone would who was neutral like Poch is.

If you want to discuss Pochettino, Spurs and United then go right ahead. But do stop trying to personalise everything. It's tedious.

(it's never personal, you know that)

Poch will be the next permanent United manager. He will sign Eriksen less than 3 weeks into his reign

Howe will take over at Spurs and continue the excellent work of his predecessor.

Discuss.

I do think he’s ours though, why shouldn’t I state that? I’m a Man Utd fan posting on a Utd forum. My opinion is that we’ve had our eye on Poch for a while and we will get him.

And I want to know how much it will cost to land him. My questions are fair.

I didn't say you can't state that, you absolutely can. You can be as arrogant about it as you like, as you say you're on a United forum.

But, if you're going to be cocky about it, you can't really have any grounds to complain when Glaston shoots back .. that is all.

Reputation of 3 managers? Arguing for the sake of it :lol:

Moyes had high stock at Everton - he took a massive hit after United. LVG also the same. Mourinho has won trophies, but still has taken a huge hit to his rep.

Of course he will be conflicted. But take your Arsenal specs off for a moment. You are Pochettino, you get offered a shit load of cash and also offered the chance to turn Man Utd into a great team again.

You would consider it, anyone would who was neutral like Poch is.

I never said he wouldn't consider it, just that I think he'd be happier where he is.

PSG were not going to extend Emery's contract, so he left.
My point was/is:

Emery could have waited for a ‘better’ job than Arsenal. Real Madrid? Etc.

They (Arsenal) were in the shit, with a weak squad and Europa League football. He still went there because the pull of a giant, historic club like Arsenal was too much to resist.

It’s anazing that some of you can’t see this.

Woodward had obviously lost faith in Mourinho in the summer. To suggest Mourinho wasn’t backed financially is ludicrous.

Woodward is criticised for not being a football man but even he could see that giving Mourinho £50 Million plus for another defender was a waste of money looking at the bigger picture.

I never said he wouldn't consider it, just that I think he'd be happier where he is.
It’s impossible to try and second guess something like that though. You don’t know how ambitious he is, if he enjoys working with Levy, if he’s fed up with lack of transfer funds, if he’s fed up with constantly being the nearly men because Levy limits his progress.

Moyes had high stock at Everton - he took a massive hit after United. LVG also the same. Mourinho has won trophies, but still has taken a huge hit to his rep.
Moyes had a huge reputation at Everton. Period . a mid table club .
LVG successful years were back in stone age .
Jose were sacked by Chelsea 2 times for not performing.

Fact is, we are here because of the gross incompetence and mismanagement by our board. Wrong selections, transfers etc .

My point was/is:

Emery could have waited for a ‘better’ job than Arsenal. Real Madrid? Etc.

They (Arsenal) were in the shit, with a weak squad and Europa League football. He still went there because the pull of a giant, historic club like Arsenal was too much to resist.

It’s anazing that some of you can’t see this.

He went there because he didn't have a job, and yes Arsenal are a big club. He wasn't particularly successful at PSG so he hadn't exactly set himself up to walk in to Real Madrid.

That was a good job for Emery, we're not talking an elite tier manager, and he was probably excited at the prospect of a project to work on at Arsenal. Who is denying that a big club has pull?