2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Then again, dems don't really believe project 2025 is really all that bad anyway, so whatever.

Funny, that's the second Emperor's new clothes reference in here in a week. Last time it was Suedesi.

Pure coincidence, or is that the new rhetoric?

it's a pretty obvious metaphor, especially given that literally hours before the debate, media people were sharing smug memes about how his """"""gaffes"""""" only hpapen on "right-wing edited videos".

Debate night:

-

Tibs,
ELHeqsBXkAE7YcB.jpg

Thank you mate :lol:

I wonder how the incident today in Pennsylvania will affect the race, if anything.

Election is pretty much a done deal now. This attack will also mean the Dems will now be forced to stick with Biden :(:(

It's a matter how much he'll expand the map at this point, and the ramifications it'll hold for Congress.

I think it's too late for a candidate change, and assuming biden won't go down without a fight the ensuing chaos might hurt them even more, the optimal path for the dems would have probably been biden announcing he'll only serve one term after the midterms and do a proper primary afterwards.

I wonder how the incident today in Pennsylvania will affect the race, if anything.

Two things will happen:

1. Gun sales will go through the roof

2. Trump and the GOP generally will win by a yuge margin.

Large portions of Americans are weird as feck.

Two things will happen:

I was driving today through big parts of Pennsylvania (co-incidence, I guess), and arrived home just few minutes before the incident. Man, there are so many tough tough places in America. I live in the DC-Baltimore area and often don’t visit these places, but they exist. Weird people, people in bad health, poor neighborhoods, just depressing.

And these people vote!

I was driving today through big parts of Pennsylvania (co-incidence, I guess), and arrived home just few minutes before the incident. Man, there are so many tough tough places in America. I live in the DC-Baltimore area and often don’t visit these places, but they exist. Weird people, people in bad health, poor neighborhoods, just depressing.

And these people vote!

That they vote is not the problem, the problem is they generally vote against their own interests because they’re repeatedly lied to and manipulated.

This incident was probably the death-knell of the Biden campaign. I think Trump wins comfortably now.

That they vote is not the problem, the problem is they generally vote against their own interests because they’re repeatedly lied to and manipulated.
Yes. Immigration is not the problem in these neglected and poor communities. Immigrants don’t want to go there. Yet, they are fascinated with this issue while ignoring ones that are relevant to them. Republicans don’t serve their interests.

Yes. Immigration is not the problem in these neglected and poor communities. Immigrants don’t want to go there. Yet, they are fascinated with this issue while ignoring one’s that are relevant to them. Republicans don’t serve their interests.
They keep them in a haze of ignorance so they can pick their pockets.

They keep them in a haze of ignorance so they can pick their pockets.
It’s sickening, really.

Put, putting partisan politics aside, these people need help. The situation in many communities is awful. The more they remain neglected and un-informed, the more extreme they will become.

Will be interesting to see how all of this shakes out in the coming days/weeks.

- RNC convention next week
- This will probably somewhat shut down the Biden must step down brigade

It's already an extremely divided country and this today will only make matters much worse.

Trouble is Trump supporters already think everything is a conspiracy, from the election being stolen to many of Trumps other ramblings. Now you are just going to see these conspiracies ramped up many notches and Trump and other Republicans will do nothing to quell the language used, they'll doubtlessly inflame it.

Two things will happen:

That's a regular American TBH

Slovakia for comparison. Perhaps the attempt on Trump, while major media news, might not really have an impact on voters.

Slovakia for comparison. Perhaps the attempt on Trump, while major media news, might not really have an impact on voters.

I'd say the US would buck the trend from Europe given it's peculiarities.

Jo Cox got assassinated by a guy screaming Britain First and we still voted for Brexit a week later.

So do you think Trump stops funding Ukraine and withdraws from NATO?

He doesn't have to withdraw, he just has to say that members must exceed X% funding by X date or the US will drop mutual defence recognition. Hence killing NATO by getting other members in a state of paralysis.

I'd say the US would buck the trend from Europe given it's peculiarities.

Jo Cox got assassinated by a guy screaming Britain First and we still voted for Brexit a week later.

It might not get him much in the way of votes (which he’s apparently currently ahead in, at least in the electoral college) - but it might buy him some time with his court cases, which will in turn improve his public image. Both sides will appeal for a bit of calm after this, and his court cases might get delayed as part of that - that plays in Trump’s favour.

At the end of the day an innocent rally-goer got killed for this, as with the innocent people getting killed on Jan 6th. That whole country could use a bit of calming down.

So do you think Trump stops funding Ukraine and withdraws from NATO?
He won't do it or his entourage won't let him, there's way too much to lose for the US if they withdrew. He can reduce the amount of money the US pour in though.

Stop funding Ukraine on the other hand is something much more realistic.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov has been speaking to reporters about the Trump rally shooting.

He said:

We do not believe that the attempt to eliminate and assassinate Trump was organised by the current authorities.

But the atmosphere around candidate Trump … provoked what America is confronting today.

After numerous attempts to remove candidate Trump from the political arena – using first legal tools, the courts, prosecutors, attempts to politically discredit and compromise the candidate – it was obvious to all outside observers that his life was in danger.

The Tass news agency reported that Russia’s president Vladimir Putin does not immediately plan to call Trump about the shooting.

Trump will probably surge ahead in the polls at some point given the amount of public sympathy that's come his way over the past 24 hours.

Agreed, but as your earlier post pointed out, it's all about how the Biden camp (don't) react. They have to be convincing him to step down asap.

The only way to beat Trump is in November, and the only way to do that is not Biden now. That should be all that matters.

Agreed, but as your earlier post pointed out, it's all about how the Biden camp (don't) react. They have to be convincing him to step down asap.

The only way to beat Trump is in November, and the only way to do that is not Biden now. That should be all that matters.

I can't imagine he steps down now given that Harris' viability looks far bleaker today than yesterday.

Why is that do you think? The race aspect?

Given Whitmer's experience, feels like she could definitely have an angle here if she wanted it, but so far everyone has been in step and Harris feels like the only potential candidate.

I'm now at the stage where I'd much rather gamble on Harris' ability to gain a few percentage points than Biden's. I think she could be better than a lot of people think, and certainly better at getting messages and enthusiasm out there than Biden.