2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

But you have to assume all three things, cause she's not actually saying any of it. And your assumptions may be wrong, too. Either way, it makes more sense if people vote for what's said than what isn't said but you'd like to be true. Cause I could just as easily assume that the border policy will not substantially change under a Harris government, that Harris will cater to 'traditional' Republican voters, and that she will continue to proudly use the US military as a global lethal force. That would surprise no-one and is actually in line with her campaign.

I agree, it makes sense to vote on what she has said she will do.

She has said what she would do re the Border. She has asked for Lankford's bill to be put back through the Senate. Will that "solve" the border crisis, no, but it is a step in the right direction.

What part of her campaign makes you say that she will "continue to proudly use the US military as a global lethal force" ??

Like that will hurt him. This is a guy who mocked the death of a woman who died because she couldn't get an abortion. Hell he mocked the death of one of his own supporters.

No, Trump being openly homophobic is no surprise.

But i point it out as its another check in the box that illustrates his fascist tendencies - especially to those who seem to want to defend him. Openly targeting and discriminating against minority groups what all fascists in history have done.

Interesting "joke" to make in... NYC???

200w.gif

I'm sure this will go over well with the Puerto Ricans in Pennsylvania...

Thats really tone-deaf, tbh, if you want to appeal to actual moderate republicans, i doubt Cheney's are the way to go.

Having said that, Trump supported the Iraq war, he also supported intervention in Libya for that matter, so basic logic does not apply to him as it does to any other candidate.

He has successfully sold himself, as the peace candidate in every election, even if that makes no sense at all, it could just be that he have broken the brain of the average US voter, i sure hope not...

Trump also said he wanted to go and take "the oil" from Iraq. I'm not really sure how he planned to take home 150billion barrels of Iraqi oil? But ok, sure!

The was a hot war in Yemen that Trump refused to pull US troops out of....
https://apnews.com/article/1b17cee217b344d8a3a03642139fb606

But Yemen is not front page news, so it gives him the ability to say "there were no wars under me".

The fact there were not major conflicts, like Gaza or Ukraine under Trump is by luck, not judgement.

We know that when US Soldiers suffered traumatic brain injuries after an attack on a base in Iraq, he called them headaches....
https://www.axios.com/2024/10/02/trump-us-soldiers-injuries-iran-strike-iraq-base-2020

And invited The Taliban to Camp David during 9/11...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/politics/camp-david-donald-trump-mike-pence-taliban/index.html

Fantastic Commander in Chief.

I think the polls are wrong and women vote will give her a big win, all 7 swing states and maybe even FL.

Most of you will think it's wishful thinking, we'll see.

I dont think all 7, but i think she wins because of...

Gen Z vote
Dobbs and the female vote
Better ground game
Never Trump Republicans
Taylor Swift at The Ellipse on Tuesday (a guess).

While trying to say they know what’s going to happen.

2020 thread was way better
I and many others were completely confident that Biden had it in the bag in 2020 because he was polling very well. Not the case this year so naturally there is more anxiety.

I've forgotten how annoying she is but if anybody wants some insights into why the Harris campaign is closing with 'Trump is a Nazi', give this a watch. It's pretty reasonable tbh.

He then pointed to a man in the audience and went with what seemed like an off-the-cuff “joke.”

“That’s cool, a Black guy with a thing on his head. What the hell is that, a lamp shade? Look at this guy! Oh, my goodness. Wow! I’m just kidding, that’s one of my buddies. We had a Halloween party last night. We had fun — we carved watermelons together. It was awesome!”

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trum...puerto-rico-being-a-floating-pile-of-garbage/

So this is just a hate rally right? They're not even talking about politics. It's just pure hate.

Bloody hell some of these tweets :wenger:

We have to be living in some sort of simulation, right? It’s probably time we cut ties with the circus over there.

Bloody hell some of these tweets :wenger:

We have to be living in some sort of simulation, right? It’s probably time we cut ties with the circus over there.
Not a simulation. It's just contemporary fascism. We think of fascism as something to study as in history books. Now we have it in the contemporary era, and we see people enjoying it, it feels alien to the rest of us.

They come inside. Just like they did to our country.

I’m sorry but that’s poetry.

Harris needs to clip together all of these MSG rally soundbites into one damning ad. She might win back a few of the pro-Palestine leftists she's lost.

Wow, that Madison Garden display looks dark. How emboldened these merchants of hate and fascism must have become to put it on display like that at such a venue. A scary taste of a second Trump term. How in the world is this real life.

It’s hard to tell the difference but Tony (one of Rogan’s insufferables) is meant to be a comedian not a hate speaker.

I don’t see how this rally so far is anything more than an absolute shit show for trump and co. It’s absolutely been horrific and won’t do anything other than appeal to voters already voting for them.

Moderates won’t like these messages.
Maybe they want to lose? Hard to see what the electoral strategy is here.

I don’t see how this rally so far is anything more than an absolute shit show for trump and co. It’s absolutely been horrific and won’t do anything other than appeal to voters already voting for them.

Moderates won’t like these messages.
On the other hand, it’s also not new from Trump. It’s just heavily condensed into one event. Maybe there is enough publicity that it moves a few moderates, but I can’t see it have much of an impact.