2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

What does any of this have to do with the original point ? You keep citing that young people vote the least (which is true), but then proceed to advocate for a policy that would result in them voting far less. People already don’t want to leave the house to vote which is why mail in voting has become popular. Do you think people are going to leave their homes to take a test in advance of elections just so they are allowed to vote?

At the end of the day, people are looking for convenience to make things easier. All what you’re proposing would do is make it much harder for one swath of the population to vote. Never mind that it would never be implementable, it’s simply a deeply flawed and cynical idea.

Which is the entire point.

What does any of this have to do with the original point ? You keep citing that young people vote the least (which is true), but then proceed to advocate for a policy that would result in them voting far less. People already don’t want to leave the house to vote which is why mail in voting has become popular.

At the end of the day, people are looking for convenience that makes it easier for them to vote. All what you’re proposing would do is make it much harder for one swath of the population to vote. Never mind that it would never be implemented, it’s simply a deeply flawed and cynical idea.

Guess we disagree on this. Saying this policy would result in voting far less is just a surmise. On the contrary if mandated I feel this will expose more youngsters to politics and a subsequent hike in their voting numbers. Also regarding Mail in voting becoming popular was largely due to the pandemic and severely dropped in 2022 post pandemic. And just like workers refusing to return to work despite diminished productivity, there are a meager few sticking with it for convenience despite having potential for lack of reliability in delivering the votes on time and possible abuse. To say that mail in is the trend today and the voters would go ahead and refuse to vote because they are lazy is not true.

I genuinely believe Vivek's idea is revolutionary. It should become a norm for every democratic country for ALL age groups.

Also regarding Ukraine and Taiwan, I wouldn't call his policies farcical. He certainly has the right sense when it comes to both those countries despite lacking a bit of substance and practicality. What is the end game for Ukraine? Vivek proposes unabashed America First policy of freezing the current borders allowing Russia to keep donbass and pulling out of military build up around Nato Allies in return for honoring the commitments made to Gorbachev of not expanding NATO eastward (not adding Ukraine). In return asking Russia to pull out of the Chinese alliance. it ensures Russia is not pushed further into Chinese camp making it the single most strongest military alliance that can shut us down. Its literally sanction proof as we saw in the Ukraine war. If Russia comes out of the alliance it deters China from invading Taiwan without complete Russian support and this is more important for us with regards to our dependence on semi conductors. On surface this is significant if it comes to fruition but am sure its much more complicated than this.

Majority of the American's including myself feel we have done enough to support the Ukraine cause. Despite our deepest sympathies at some point we have to take decisions like all nations do - putting their own citizens interest ahead of everything else. This is a proxy war and Ukraine has nothing to do with NATO. Russian aggression has been largely limited to its former states until the war, unless am largely mistaken. It must end with Ukraine settling it with Russia for a Russian surrender is never going to happen. This is his take on it.

Last edited:
Is all the defence spending is necessary? I dont think any nation can stand toe to toe against Murica..heck I dont think half the world stand a chance going against America in a conventional war.

While their citizen is homeless at home

Is all the defence spending is necessary? I dont think any nation can stand toe to toe against Murica..heck I dont think half the world stand a chance going against America in a conventional war.

Well, most of it goes to who knows where exactly and is probably a waste. But defense spending can never be enough for anyone who wants to be ahead of everyone and stay there.

Guess we disagree on this. Saying this policy would result in voting far less is just a surmise. On the contrary if mandated I feel this will expose more youngsters to politics and a subsequent hike in their voting numbers. Also regarding Mail in voting becoming popular was largely due to the pandemic and severely dropped in 2022 post pandemic. And just like workers refusing to return to work despite diminished productivity, there are a meager few sticking with it for convenience despite having potential for lack of reliability in delivering the votes on time and possible abuse. To say that mail in is the trend today and the voters would go ahead and refuse to vote because they are lazy is not true.

I genuinely believe Vivek's idea is revolutionary. It should become a norm for every democratic country for ALL age groups.

Also regarding Ukraine and Taiwan, I wouldn't call his policies farcical. He certainly has the right sense when it comes to both those countries despite lacking a bit of substance and practicality. What is the end game for Ukraine? Vivek proposes unabashed America First policy of freezing the current borders allowing Russia to keep donbass and pulling out of military build up around Nato Allies in return for honoring the commitments made to Gorbachev of not expanding NATO eastward (not adding Ukraine). In return asking Russia to pull out of the Chinese alliance. it ensures Russia is not pushed further into Chinese camp making it the single most strongest military alliance that can shut us down. Its literally sanction proof as we saw in the Ukraine war. If Russia comes out of the alliance it deters China from invading Taiwan without complete Russian support and this is more important for us with regards to our dependence on semi conductors. On surface this is significant if it comes to fruition but am sure its much more complicated than this.

Majority of the American's including myself feel we have done enough to support the Ukraine cause. Despite our deepest sympathies at some point we have to take decisions like all nations do - putting their own citizens interest ahead of everything else. This is a proxy war and Ukraine has nothing to do with NATO. Russian aggression has been largely limited to its former states until the war, unless am largely mistaken. It must end with Ukraine settling it with Russia for a Russian surrender is never going to happen. This is his take on it.
The mail in ballot voting in 2022 was higher than pre-pandemic levels. Where did you get your info on mail in ballots? I’d be curious to read it.

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/02/1173306918/midterm-elections-2022-turnout

If its true I stand corrected. It has nothing to with my point though and I generally avoid responding to shallow ad-hominem responders.
So no sourcing then? Got it.

You make some dubious claims & purport them to be true, it most certainly is germane to the discussion.

Where are these ad hominem attacks?

You make some dubious claims & purport them to be true, it most certainly is germane to the discussion.

Where are these ad hominem attacks?
Can you explain the dubious claims? The matter you are talking to is the an irrelevant offshoot and to reduce the entire discussion to that is shallow and outright disingenuous to put it mildly.

Can you explain the dubious claims? The matter you are talking to is the an irrelevant offshoot and to reduce the entire discussion to that is shallow and outright disingenuous to put it mildly.
:lol:

It is a direct rebuttal to one of your assertion, it shows that you are basically making shit up.

Sourcing? Ad hominem attack? Could you point me in their general directions?

:lol:

It is a direct rebuttal to one of your assertion, it shows that you are basically making shit up.

Sourcing? Ad hominem attack? Could you point me in their general directions?
Still waiting on the dubious claims?

China is nearly on par with the US in many areas. Unlike the Chinese who can nationalize their defense industrial base for military use, the US doesn’t have such a luxury, so as a capitalist country, it has to work with private corporations, which is why the budget has grown over the years.

Still waiting on the dubious claims?
You literally used an escape hatch on the dubious claim of mail in balloting after being shown evidence that prove it incorrect.

You really think that Vivek is proposing the civics requirement coming from a place of altruism? It’s raw voter suppression that would only benefit the right.

Ad hominem attacks? Sourcing?

You literally used an escape hatch on the dubious claim of mail in balloting after being shown evidence that prove it incorrect.

You really think that Vivek is proposing the civics requirement coming from a place of altruism? It’s raw voter suppression that would only benefit the right.

Ad hominem attacks? Sourcing?
Just as I guessed. Shallow posts. What next? spelling mistakes to shut arguments. Going by your previous posts, should have ignored. Thank you.

There’s nothing America First about Vivek’s policies. It’s standard half thought out demagoguery designed to draw attention to himself. The US investment in Ukraine is one of the best investments it has ever made in its history because it weakens a key adversary without spilling a drop of American military blood. Not doing so would result in a totalitarian fascist state with nukes one Europe’s doorstep, which would undo the entire post WW2 order. Vivek’s plan would basically give Vladimir Putin what he wants, which would only embolden him to keep going. He’s basically making it all up as he goes. Ditto with allowing China to invade Taiwan, “but only in 2028 after the US is semiconductor independent”. :lol:

Pure SNL level stuff that only isolationists like Rand Paul would go for.

Just as I guessed. Shallow posts. What next? spelling mistakes to shut arguments. Going by your previous posts, should have ignored. Thank you.
You don’t know what ‘ad hominem’ means. Check.

No sourcing is available. Check.

Use of another transparent escape hatch to try to extricate one self from a debate going badly for them. Check.

I guess you must be one of the few still thinking that Brexit was a great thing because this is not far from the shite that Vivek wants.:wenger: :nono:

That being said, he's also as much of a big whore as Trump was to dictators as President.

Last edited:
There’s nothing America First about Vivek’s policies. It’s standard half thought out demagoguery designed to draw attention to himself. The US investment in Ukraine is one of the best investments it has ever made in its history because it weakens a key adversary without spilling a drop of American military blood. Not doing so would result in a totalitarian fascist state with nukes one Europe’s doorstep, which would undo the entire post WW2 order. Vivek’s plan would basically give Vladimir Putin what he wants, which would only embolden him to keep going. He’s basically making it all up as he goes. Ditto with allowing China to invade Taiwan, “but only in 2028 after the US is semiconductor independent”. :lol:

Pure SNL level stuff that only isolationists like Rand Paul would go for.
While I agree the Ukraine move was absolutely necessary, It is now far past its sell-by date. I don't agree the bit where it will embolden Vladimir Putin to do what he wants. I don't think Putin will enter another major war in his lifetime based on what happened in Ukraine. Leave alone the economic and PR disaster, the amount of Russian lives lost is too huge a cost to sustain another war. Highly unlikely.

Despite how crude it comes out, I think thats exactly the right strategy for US when it comes to Taiwan. It's just that most politicians wont be loud about it until wiki-leaks or someone brings it up in the future. Why Chinese invasion of Taiwan is so important to us when our government has acknowledged that Taiwan belongs to China through the One-China policy? It cant be the 'totalitarian fascist state' fake PR reasons like the one we are stating for Ukraine-Russia war.

While I agree the Ukraine move was absolutely necessary, It is now far past its sell-by date. I don't agree the bit where it will embolden Vladimir Putin to do what he wants. I don't think Putin will enter another major war in his lifetime based on what happened in Ukraine. Leave alone the economic and PR disaster, the amount of Russian lives lost is too huge a cost to sustain another war. Highly unlikely.

Despite how crude it comes out, I think thats exactly the right strategy for US when it comes to Taiwan. It's just that most politicians wont be loud about it until wiki-leaks or someone brings it up in the future. Why Chinese invasion of Taiwan is so important to us when our government has acknowledged that Taiwan belongs to China through the One-China policy? It cant be the 'totalitarian fascist state' fake PR reasons like the one we are stating for Ukraine-Russia war.

Wrong on all counts. Putin has been invading his neighbors for years and has interfered in elections in about 28 countries, therefore your presumption that he would stop at Ukraine is not borne out by his recent actions. And since when is it an America first policy to capitulate to authoritarian dictators ? Thats little more than a free pass for the likes of Putin and Xi to do whatever they want because the worlds most powerful nation state looks on. Sounds more like America last, which is why inexperienced clowns like Vivek are better off sticking to pitching PowerPoint slides at pharma bro board meetings than running nation states.

Sigh. The worst part it you probably genuinely think people can’t see right through you.

Tbf if we are to do civic tests as prerequisite for voting then I'd go for it if the right agrees to make it mandatory for all eligible voters. Despite their oft-professed love for the 'constatushon', I'd wager that most of them struggle with anything beyond the 2nd amendment. We all know they won't though, for obvious reasons.

If its true I stand corrected. It has nothing to with my point though and I generally avoid responding to shallow ad-hominem responders.

I guess saying latin sentences sounds cool and cultured, but ipso facto there is no ad-hominem respond

Tbf if we are to do civic tests as prerequisite for voting then I'd go for it if the right agrees to make it mandatory for all eligible voters. Despite their oft-professed love for the 'constatushon', I'd wager that most of them struggle with anything beyond the 2nd amendment. We all know they won't though, for obvious reasons.

If it included US history they'd certainly fail the bit about, "What was the catalyst for the American Civil War?"

He just doesn't seem very smart.
I don’t necessarily agree. I think he is smart, but what he is not is authentic. His entire platform is essentially aggregating positions that would poll the highest with a primary voting base.

That’s combining it with DHS. It’s about 800b in 25.5 trillion dollar economy.

Sure, federal spending is not the same as the overall economy - otherwise we'd be North Korea.

Federal spending is about $7trillion a year, and about 20% of that is earmarked for DOD/DHS/veterans etc.

I low-key hate how The Intellectualist always link to their own site instead of directly to the source. It's not like they provide articles or further commentary, it's literally just the same as their tweet, except with the original source. I can only assume they want people to use their site, but why would anyone want to do that?

It's dumb and I hate it.

Oh boy, I'm away for a couple of days and ..... boom!

We had a live one in here.
So I noticed, must remember to ask what he's smoking!

Civics test, let's have them for 18-90 year old's, that'll be a successful vote suppressor, of GOP votes, because most of MAGA would fail miserably

Vivek is the smartest candidate on either side. I agree with him on most of the policies apart from Guns and Abortions. His civic test for young voters is a revolutionary idea, absolutely brilliant and there are people here comparing it with Jim Crow laws. He is a once in a generation candidate and definitely has my vote this election. I hope he can beat the Maga Cult and the fat idiot. He is 100% better than Biden. He reminds me of Pete Buttigieg. Too many blunt knives in the cupboard here. Anybody who wants to know about him and his policies, I would say listen to him online directly instead of knee-jerk reactions from kids in the Cafe who parrot media narratives with laughing emoji. Cheers!

Vivek is the smartest candidate on either side. I agree with him on most of the policies apart from Guns and Abortions. His civic test for young voters is a revolutionary idea, absolutely brilliant and there are people here comparing it with Jim Crow laws. He is a once in a generation candidate and definitely has my vote this election. I hope he can beat the Maga Cult and the fat idiot. He is 100% better than Biden. He reminds me of Pete Buttigieg. Too many blunt knives in the cupboard here. Anybody who wants to know about him and his policies, I would say listen to him online directly instead of knee-jerk reactions from kids in the Cafe who parrot media narratives with laughing emoji. Cheers!
Just to clarify though, you believe the Constitution allows the VP to withhold certification of electoral until he gets the concessions he wants, right? I mean, your boy directly said today that the VP has this explicit power, so since you agree with everything except guns and abortion you must agree with this position, right?

We've already listened to him directly online and have come to the same conclusion. Christie's ChatGPT reference was pretty spot on.