2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

San Francisco is absolutely terrible. And you could see year on year getting worse.

LA and San Diego are not much better.

Unless you view everything through partisan lens, this is not even a controversial opinion especially for SF

Let me respond to most of you here on Vivek:

I think he is the only non-political presidential candidate on either side and the best bet for next election. While I strongly disagree with him on Guns and 5/15 week Abortion mandate, I have strong agreements over majority of his policies when it comes to education, meritocracy, gender, southern border, foreign policy and America first agendas. He is not just throwing some punch lines in the wind like Pence, Nikki etc., the guy has a solid plan for each of his policies. We can have disagreements on some of his ideological positions, but some of the immature comments about him being full of shit, climate denier, etc., are downright lazy parroting of biased media narratives.

He is not a climate change denier, he is a climate change agenda denier. He is against slowing down American Economy on regulations that don't match world wide commitment during a time where some of my neighbors here in Texas are foreclosing house amidst raising food and energy prices. There are other things he explains in great detail about how social propagandas take over public/private boardrooms without any public transparency in stifling US economy which you can find listening to him in detail in some of his podcasts. People pointing out that China is building green things and someone quoting Chinese propaganda pieces to say they are going green have to do a more detailed research on this. I am not discarding your views, just that the veracity of it is highly questionable. There are equal research showing how these climate regulations are hurting American progress. As an American I don't want to sacrifice myself on the altar for world good without others pitching in the same. It's the kind of idealistic loser mentality that fat potato boys propagate from their comfort cushion without the understanding the values/sacrifices involved in building our nation.

With respect to the Southern Border, the way it was handled by Trump was inhuman and shameful. The only thing Biden has done is to play vote bank politics with his public media announcement of making all illegal immigrants as citizen knowing full well congress will not approve it. He kept a lot of trump policies in the southern border until he was pressured to ease them. I live in Texas, and this is the kind of situation where we are forced to chose between protecting my home/neighborhood/livelihood/way of life or being cruel to persecuted immigrants fleeing from drug cartels. This is painful while the media both left and right, without any understanding of what people in the southern border are going through shout out loud their talking points for the sheep of this country to latch on. Vivek is the only guy who has a comprehensive plan to help these immigrants. He plans to re-route our military efforts from Ukraine to assist Mexico and other Latin American countries in wiping out the drug cartel epidemic. This will genuinely solve the border crisis helping these immigrants in the right way. This is not like the useless token 'Wall' built by Trump that can't keep an ant out of our border. At the very least he was cognizant to our problems unlike the current demented demagogue using it to prey on unsuspecting left idealists and Hispanics votes. I want people to help me understand why is our resources getting wasted in Ukraine instead of in Texas? Please explain?

A lot of people want to know what's Vivek's end game, if he keeps praising Trump. In a nutshell, he wants to hammer the idea that he can do all the trump policies without trumps baggage to the Maga base. He is spreading news that 30% of the left are not accepting genuine conservative policies that will help people either side of the aisle simply because they hate Trump and that he can push those common agendas without the trump hate. A vast majority of the Trump's republican base actually know full well Trump's obnoxious personality but still support Trump because Trump is pushing their cause. Vivek wants to win the lot putting himself as the no-nonsense equivalent of trump who will be accepted by the centrists.

Finally, agree or not, Vivek is not your typical politician whose stance is wishy washy on any subject. He has gone out and showed his hands. He is not going to say I wont fund external war at the cost of American Citizens but I will support Israel alone because of my rich Jewish Donors (like Nikki). His policies are clear through and through. He would do more than what the spineless Biden did (I voted for him) despite having the senate majority and he will do it with America First. I don't see much wrong in it.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I think he is the only non-political presidential candidate on either side and the best bet for next election. While I strongly disagree with him on Guns and 5/15 week Abortion mandate, I have strong agreements over majority of his policies when it comes to education, meritocracy, gender, southern border, foreign policy and America first agendas. He is not just throwing some punch lines in the wind like Pence, Nikki etc., the guy has a solid plan for each of his policies. We can have disagreements on some of his ideological positions, but some of the immature comments about him being full of shit, climate denier, etc., are downright lazy parroting of biased media narratives.

He is not a climate change denier, he is a climate change agenda denier. He is against slowing down American Economy on regulations that don't match world wide commitment during a time where some of my neighbors here in Texas are foreclosing house amidst raising food and energy prices. There are other things he explains in great detail about how social propagandas take over public/private boardrooms without any public transparency in stifling US economy which you can find listening to him in detail in some of his podcasts. People pointing out that China is building green things and someone quoting Chinese propaganda pieces to say they are going green have to do a more detailed research on this. I am not discarding your views, just that the veracity of it is highly questionable. There are equal research showing how these climate regulations are hurting American progress. As an American I don't want to sacrifice myself on the altar for world good without others pitching in the same. It's the kind of idealistic loser mentality that fat potato boys propagate from their comfort cushion without the understanding the values/sacrifices involved in building our nation.

With respect to the Southern Border, the way it was handled by Trump was inhuman and shameful. The only thing Biden has done is to play vote bank politics with his public media announcement of making all illegal immigrants as citizen knowing full well congress will not approve it. He kept a lot of trump policies in the southern border until he was pressured to ease them. I live in Texas, and this is the kind of situation where we are forced to chose between protecting my home/neighborhood/livelihood/way of life or being cruel to persecuted immigrants fleeing from drug cartels. This is painful while the media both left and right, without any understanding of what people in the southern border are going through shout out loud their talking points for the sheep of this country to latch on. Vivek is the only guy who has a comprehensive plan to help these immigrants. He plans to re-route our military efforts from Ukraine to assist Mexico and other Latin American countries in wiping out the drug cartel epidemic. This will genuinely solve the border crisis helping these immigrants in the right way. This is not like the useless token 'Wall' built by Trump that can't keep an ant out of our border. At the very least he was cognizant to our problems unlike the current demented demagogue using it to prey on unsuspecting left idealists and Hispanics votes. I want people to help me understand why is our resources getting wasted in Ukraine instead of in Texas? Please explain?

A lot of people want to know what's Vivek's end game, if he keeps praising Trump. In a nutshell, he wants to hammer the idea that he can do all the trump policies without trumps baggage to the Maga base. He is spreading news that 30% of the left are not accepting genuine conservative policies that will help people either side of the aisle simply because they hate Trump and that he can push those common agendas without the trump hate. A vast majority of the Trump's republican base actually know full well Trump's obnoxious personality but still support Trump because Trump is pushing their cause. Vivek wants to win the lot putting himself as the no-nonsense equivalent of trump who will be accepted by the centrists.

Finally, agree or not, Vivek is not your typical politician whose stance is wishy washy on any subject. He has gone out and showed his hands. He is not going to say I wont fund external war at the cost of American Citizens but I will support Israel alone because of my rich Jewish Donors (like Nikki). His policies are clear through and through. He would do more than what the spineless Biden did (I voted for him) despite having the senate majority and he will do it with America First. I don't see much wrong in it.
Thanks for taking the time to write it.

After carefully reading and analyzing it, my opinion is that he is an arsehole and a demagogue. feck him.

A widely discredited potential risk to your financial well-being and safety from immigrants & refugees > humane treatment of refugees. Got it. feck Vivek - smarmy assh*le

He's a total charlatan who is just making all of his policies up for social media attention. None of his nonsensical views from raising the voting age to 25 (a popular voter suppression view among Republicans since young people overwhelmingly vote Dem) to allowing Russia to help itself to Ukraine or inviting China to invade Taiwan after 2028, are remotely implementable. Only hardcore MAGA nujtobs and a few anti-establishment leftists find this stuff remotely appealing.

Third :lol: in a row.

Keep 'em coming.

I want people to help me understand why is our resources getting wasted in Ukraine instead of in Texas? Please explain?

That's quite simple. The USA could easily do both. Yes, money should be spent on helping everyone more in the USA in many ways, and not just Texas, throughout the entire country. BUT!!!!!! A lot of that goes against everything Republicans say they don't stand for.... It's big government, socialism!

Of course many Americans have been brainwashed to not only hate those dirty words, but also to not understand them either. The same as woke.... The vast majority who use it as a tool to bash others with haven't got a fecking clue what it actually means, just something they have heard or made up in their own heads.

The other big reason is Russia is a terrorist state and are illegally invading a neighbouring country and committing atrocious war crimes. (Ukraine have also carried some out themselves, but nowhere near as many or as bad.

Putin's goal is to reunite all the former countries of the USSR, he's also likely to not stop there and could take on new targets throughout Europe. Russia is still a big enemy to the West and especially the USA. Funding Ukraine and training their men and women and supplying weapons and ammunition is the easiest and cheapest way of fighting a major enemy but without getting directly involved in the fighting and risking American lives. It's mutually beneficial to the majority of the world and the USA if Putin and Russia is defeated, or at the least stopped from accomplishing their goals.

As for Vivek himself, he's a fecking fraud and a bit of a wanker, and most definitely a full of shit, smarmy arsehole..

There's no such thing as a non-political candidate running in an election. The very act of running inherently makes him a political figure. Especially so when running for a party and not as an independent.

He plans to re-route our military efforts from Ukraine to assist Mexico and other Latin American countries in wiping out the drug cartel epidemic.

Just casually mentioning that he wants to abandon Ukraine to Russia to go fight an even more militarized Drug War.

Could you go into some detail on what exactly kind of "military efforts" that are currently being used to help Ukraine that could help in this case? Artillery shells? Ground-to-air missiles?

He is not a climate change denier, he is a climate change agenda denier.

This is pretty much on the same level as "I'm not a racist, I'm a race realist."

That's quite simple. The USA could easily do both. Yes, money should be spent on helping everyone more in the USA in many ways, and not just Texas, throughout the entire country. BUT!!!!!! A lot of that goes against everything Republicans say they don't stand for.... It's big government, socialism!

Of course many Americans have been brainwashed to not only hate those dirty words, but also to not understand them either. The same as woke.... The vast majority who use it as a tool to bash others with haven't got a fecking clue what it actually means, just something they have heard or made up in their own heads.

The other big reason is Russia is a terrorist state and are illegally invading a neighbouring country and committing atrocious war crimes. (Ukraine have also carried some out themselves, but nowhere near as many or as bad.

Putin's goal is to reunite all the former countries of the USSR, he's also likely to not stop there and could take on new targets throughout Europe. Russia is still a big enemy to the West and especially the USA. Funding Ukraine and training their men and women and supplying weapons and ammunition is the easiest and cheapest way of fighting a major enemy but without getting directly involved in the fighting and risking American lives. It's mutually beneficial to the majority of the world and the USA if Putin and Russia is defeated, or at the least stopped from accomplishing their goals.

As for Vivek himself, he's a fecking fraud and a bit of a wanker, and most definitely a full of shit, smarmy arsehole..

Given his difficulties in Ukraine I don't think Putin would be able to overstretch himself much further even if he wanted to, but yes, important for the US and other powerful states in the West to demonstrate that autocracies cannot invade and take over democracies without there being consequences. Ironic that a right-wing party constantly trying to project strength wants to cave in to countries like Russia, but been that way since the Trump era and unlikely to change.

Given his difficulties in Ukraine I don't think Putin would be able to overstretch himself much further even if he wanted to, but yes, important for the US and other powerful states in the West to demonstrate that autocracies cannot invade and take over democracies without there being consequences. Ironic that a right-wing party constantly trying to project strength wants to cave in to countries like Russia, but been that way since the Trump era and unlikely to change.

You're right, but that would be his ultimate ambition. And yeah it's even more batshit considering that until before Trump, Russia was still an enemy of the USA and the Cold War was still reason enough to hate/dislike/distrust Russia.

How many lived through that? How can they justify suddenly turning towards a country that had been an enemy for so long of their lives? And those too young to remember, well I bet their relatives are turning in their graves.

Just checked, Vivek is still a fecking smarmy arsehole.

:lol:

Welcome back!

He plans to re-route our military efforts from Ukraine to assist Mexico and other Latin American countries in wiping out the drug cartel epidemic. This will genuinely solve the border crisis helping these immigrants in the right way.

This might be my favorite bit. Absolute lunacy.

Ever since they pushed forward the antivaxx BS on purpose, I've put Epoch Times in the category of "to urinate on it repeatedly."

They're pretty much a far-right rag, and anyone posting them as validation for their views in here needs to have a think about what they're doing. Maybe people like Suedesi aren't regular consumers, but then I'm forced to wonder what their view/search history is like that this is recommended to them, or else what parts of the internet they frequent to have those linked to them.

I'm the one who quoted the "Chinese propaganda" and I've also worked very closely with some massive Chinese state owned firms in recent years on the very sort of green projects I'm talking about - fuel cells, energy storage. So I would urge you to accept the veracity of it - I have seen it first hand, they have done huge amounts and continue to do so. Vivek's take on most of these things seem to be the sort of ignorant pseudo-intellectual ones that clearly appeal to those who do no actual research and just have a vague feeling that somehow they're being screwed. Well you are - by people like Vivek.

After the whole Brexit fiasco, one would think that the "America first" kind of discourses should lose weight and be treated like what they are: childish, whimsical nonsense.

Every POTUS has to put his/her country first: it's part of the job. However, like most adults find out quickly, in a society most of the time running over everyone and not caring about anything else than your immediate profit isn't the best way to protect your best interests in the medium, long, and sometimes even short term (see Brexit again). Sadly one of the last POTUS didn't have the chance to learn that throughout his life of privilege and millions suffered as a comsequence.

Having said that, I'm concerned about posters trying to dishonestly install the "Trump = Biden = crooks" post truth in here. No, they are not the same. And not only because of the mugshot.

have strong agreements over majority of his policies when it comes to education, meritocracy, gender, southern border, foreign policy and America first agendas.

He is lost when it comes to Foreign Policy. The whole America First, is just a layman's propaganda for the ignorant. A huge chunk of your defense budget lies in overseas conflicts and it'll probably ruin US economy to back off from all that. The whole defense established including the army and beltway bandits wouldn't stand for that.

He's Trump without the baggage, that I agree. But then it doesn't make things sensible or smart.

I don't see him as any more conservative than Pence, who's an more establishment friendly option.

He is lost when it comes to Foreign Policy. The whole America First, is just a layman's propaganda for the ignorant. A huge chunk of your defense budget lies in overseas conflicts and it'll probably ruin US economy to back off from all that. The whole defense established including the army and beltway bandits wouldn't stand for that.

The defense sector isn't even in the top ten among the biggest sectors in the US. He's merely using nationalism to throw red meat to the MAGA base.

He's Trump without the baggage, that I agree. But then it doesn't make things sensible or smart.

I don't see him as any more conservative than Pence, who's an more establishment friendly option.

Vivek is more libertarian than conservative imo. Pence is far more conservative than any of the others, with the possible exception of Hutchinson. DeSantis isn't too far off, but then again he's more or less doing the same thing Vivek is - pimping MAGA friendly policies to attract Trump voters in case Trump goes to prison before next November.

Nothing there invalidates anything I said and it's Epoch Times which as @nimic pointed is not a viable source, it's just far-right propaganda.

If you think all these problems are just the result of Newsom what policies do you believe would fix these problems?

Government by definition is built on the concept of socialism, but a socialism meant for the people its elected for and not anybody else; it is here we have our differences . We 'could' or we 'Should'? is the big question . As for Putin, I think he has already been 'defeated'. I don't know what more you expect out of this war? A Russian Surrender is never going to happen. With Chinese economic help, they can sustain this as long as they want bringing down all of us to a point of no return. Prolonging this war any longer makes zero sense. I think American resources should be diverted locally where its much needed and our foreign focus should be now on curbing China and right now this Ukraine war has pushed Putin as far away from the west to the Chinese camp as possible and this is not such a great thing for the future.

He's a total charlatan who is just making all of his policies up for social media attention. None of his nonsensical views from raising the voting age to 25 (a popular voter suppression view among Republicans since young people overwhelmingly vote Dem) to allowing Russia to help itself to Ukraine or inviting China to invade Taiwan after 2028, are remotely implementable. Only hardcore MAGA nujtobs and a few anti-establishment leftists find this stuff remotely appealing.

I am totally with him on the voting age increase. He is not recommending a blanket voter age increase, instead he wants kids of 18 to take the basic civics test that all the immigrants took to qualify for voting, purely because it creates more informed voters. This age is highly impressionable age and most susceptible to media narratives either side of the aisle. I don't see much wrong with it. If you are not a test guy at he has a way out for you - first responder service like Cop or fire service etc. or military. I genuinely think this is a brilliant idea.

Government by definition is built on the concept of socialism, but a socialism meant for the people its elected for and not anybody else; it is here we have our differences . We 'could' or we 'Should'? is the big question . As for Putin, I think he has already been 'defeated'. I don't know what more you expect out of this war? A Russian Surrender is never going to happen. With Chinese economic help, they can sustain this as long as they want bringing down all of us to a point of no return. Prolonging this war any longer makes zero sense. I think American resources should be diverted locally where its much needed and our foreign focus should be now on curbing China and right now this Ukraine war has pushed Putin as far away from the west to the Chinese camp as possible and this is not such a great thing for the future.

I am totally with him on the voting age increase. He is not recommending a blanket voter age increase, instead he wants kids of 18 to take the basic civics test that all the immigrants took to qualify for voting, purely because it creates more informed voters. This age is highly impressionable age and most susceptible to media narratives either side of the aisle. I don't see much wrong with it. If you are not a test guy at he has a way out for you - first responder service like Cop or fire service etc. or military. I genuinely think this is a brilliant idea.

That has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard on voting. It's outright voter suppression designed to reduce the voting population because the MAGA GOP knows it can't ever win the popular vote anymore with it's current policies, like on abortion, climate change, etc. There is nothing about age that makes people more or less informed voters. I know 16-17 year olds far more informed that just about every MAGA voter of any age who get all their information through Newsmax, Tucker and Epoch Times propaganda. Also, it's outrageous to assume a 23-year-old cop or military grunt is more informed and/or more worthy of voting than any college grad with a white-collar job or non-college grad with a blue-collar job.

Last edited:

Why in any democracy would you want to reduce the amount of people who are able to vote ? There shouldn't be a special test anyone needs in order to justify being able to fulfill the most basic right a citizen in a democratic society has, which is the ability decide who represents them in government. If we want to talk about impressionable ages, I would argue that old people past the age of 75 are fare more easily led than 18 year olds. People like cops, military, first responders et al, are not participating in a fundamental right of being a citizen; they are pursuing elective careers that based on their respective career choices, therefore those cases aren't useful in comparing to being an 18 year old voter. I'm sure most 18 or 21 year olds wouldn't appreciate being told they can't vote but can buy guns, beer, or die in wars.

Why in any democracy would you want to reduce the amount of people who are able to vote ? There shouldn't be a special test anyone needs in order to justify being able to fulfill the most basic right a citizen in a democratic society has, which is the ability decide who represents them in government. If we want to talk about impressionable ages, I would argue that old people past the age of 75 are fare more easily led than 18 year olds. People like cops, military, first responders et al, are not participating in a fundamental right of being a citizen; they are pursuing elective careers that based on their respective career choices, therefore those cases aren't useful in comparing to being an 18 year old voter. I'm sure most 18 or 21 year olds wouldn't appreciate being told they can't vote but can buy guns, beer, or die in wars.
Nobody is trying to reduce the number of voters in the country. Unlike most other countries we are not found on the basis of a monolithic race/culture. Its a diverse country and even today anybody from any part of the world can become a citizen of our country. Immigrants starting from age 18 need to take a basic civic test in order to become countries citizen to impart basic understanding on how the country was founded, structure of governance etc, I don't see how taking this test is voter suppression when almost all naturalized citizen have to pass it to be a citizen. Why do you think it will be harder for 18 year old's to pass this? Why should a person with zero understanding of the basics of our nation constitution or governance be allowed to vote ignorantly ? If you ask me I would say if they don't pass the test don't get them beer/guns. You are right about age 75, He says it would be good to have this test for all age groups, but it has to start somewhere. 18 is the right place to start.

I Don't know how it is in other countries but here we respect first responders more than other 'career' choices as you put it. Its because they are willing to risk their life for their fellow citizen and that is special enough to qualify them for voting or thats the basic idea he proposes. I don't see anything wrong in any which way.

Nobody is trying to reduce the number of voters in the country. Unlike most other countries we are not found on the basis of a monolithic race/culture. Its a diverse country and even today anybody from any part of the world can become a citizen of our country. Immigrants starting from age 18 need to take a basic civic test in order to become countries citizen to impart basic understanding on how the country was founded, structure of governance etc, I don't see how taking this test is voter suppression when almost all naturalized citizen have to pass it to be a citizen. Why do you think it will be harder for 18 year old's to pass this? Why should a person with zero understanding of the basics of our nation constitution or governance be allowed to vote ignorantly ? If you ask me I would say if they don't pass the test don't get them beer/guns. You are right about age 75, He says it would be good to have this test for all age groups, but it has to start somewhere. 18 is the right place to start.

I Don't know how it is in other countries but here we respect first responders more than other 'career' choices as you put it. Its because they are willing to risk their life for their fellow citizen and that is special enough to qualify them for voting or thats the basic idea he proposes. I don't see anything wrong in any which way.

Naturalized citizens have to take a test for obvious reasons, because they're non-Americans seeking to become citizens. That's light years away from making natural born American citizens take a test for what I don't exactly know. It doesn't make any sense at all, particularly when you factor in that natural born Americans are already taught about all this stuff at school.

Ultimately, the country should be trying to get the 50% of voting age citizens who don't vote, to vote; not restrict voting because one political party finds it expedient because young voters usually vote for the other side.

Last edited:
Naturalized citizens have to take a test for obvious reasons, because they're non-Americans and seeking to become citizens. That's light years away from making natural born American citizens take a test for what I don't exactly know. It doesn't make any sense at all, particularly when you factor in that natural born Americans are taught about all this stuff at school.

Ultimately, the country should be trying to get the 50% of voting age citizens who don't vote, to vote; not restrict voting because one political party finds it expedient because young voters usually vote for the other side.
He has a point when he says people cherish what they work hard for and not what they take for granted. This age group is one of the least participating set of voters. This test will definitely sky rocket young voters. Also, I have to accept that natural born American's are some of the most uninformed voters. Whats wrong to test them on things they have already learnt?

He has a point when he says people cherish what they work hard for and not what they take for granted. This age group is one of the least participating set of voters. This test will definitely sky rocket young voters. Also, I have to accept that natural born American's are some of the most uninformed voters. Whats wrong to test them on things they have already learnt?

Its a democracy, therefore you don't need a test to prove that you qualify to vote. Its an implicit part of being a citizen in a pluralistic society.

Its a democracy, therefore you don't need a test to prove that you qualify to vote. Its an implicit part of being a citizen in a pluralistic society.
When you have an age group 18-25 which is one of the least voting blocks in the country with the most affected when it comes to government policies, involving them looks like the right thing to do and the idea of voter suppression is out of the window as they are genuinely one of the least participating voting age group in the country. This civics test without any racial/gender/cultural/or any other bias/prejudice is a very good way to have informed set of citizens voting and people like Trump would never make it if this happens. I can only see a win for the country in this. If a naturalized citizen from Africa, Latin America, Europe and Asia can pass it, I doubt it will be difficult for natural born Americans to crack it, its about how much you value your vote. The kind of radically new and positive ideas that's different about the guy. Enjoyed the conversation. Thank you