2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

The amount of pivoting in this thread is truly remarkable. Valuetainment of the highest order. .,.......

He was anti IVF back then, but definitely pro abortion.

@Raoul out of interest, do you think Trump staffers ought to have cut short the Q&A with the formerly registered Republican voter who asked Trump to win back his vote, and do you feel like he was well prepared for that question?

@Raoul out of interest, do you think Trump staffers ought to have cut short the Q&A with the formerly registered Republican voter who asked Trump to win back his vote, and do you feel like he was well prepared for that question?

I didn't watch the entire interview, but I do believe his staffers cut one of his interview appearances short recently. I believe it was with the National Association of Black Journalists where he suggested among other things, that Harris wasn't black and a number of other nonsensical things.

I didn't watch the entire interview, but I do believe his staffers cut one of his interview appearances short recently. I believe it was with the National Association of Black Journalists where he suggested among other things, that Harris wasn't black and a number of other nonsensical things.

I assume you’ve seen the clip in the tweet posted above?

Did his answer appear to you the words of a man who was well prepared for the question?

In Michigan, Harris campaign sees path to victory going through the suburbs

Vice President Kamala Harris' campaign sees her path to victory in Michigan going through the suburban vote, a historically Republican voting bloc that has shifted left in recent elections, and one the campaign is confident it can flip.
In a memo first obtained by CBS News, the Harris-Walz campaign said it can win the Midwestern state's 15 Electoral College votes by capitalizing on former President Donald Trump's "unprecedented weakness" among women and White, college-educated voters.
Chris Wyant, a senior Harris campaign adviser in Michigan, said the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, the conservative Project 2025 policy blueprint and Harris' economic proposals have also shifted suburban voters toward the vice president.

"What's emerged as such an opportunity is the suburban voters that we've seen, who are very reliable regular voters, who have really run away from Donald Trump in the last four years," he said.

"That is a real strength for this campaign that I have not seen in the past," added Wyant, a veteran of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton's campaigns.

CBS News poll has Trump leading Harris by 3 points in Arizona

Trump is never prepared for anything. Harris is light years better in this regard.

I reckon it would be helpful if more people pointed that out, even half as often as they’re inclined to when Harris is concerned.

“Wow what a statement to make”. This dumb idiot is taking him seriously? Has he heard his other “statements”?

Its more so an indictment of Trump's idiocy. He made the claim because Tim Cook reached out to him about a business matter. Therefore Tim Cook > Steve Jobs. Another example of Trump's farcical reliance on transactional relationships where all people have to do is praise him and he automatically returns the favor.

What’s the point of Trump tonight appeal to the “bro vote”. He already has it.

This is the issue I’m starting to see with the republicans. Trump is trying to appeal to the same crowd he always has. It won’t win him another election.

He has a fair bit of bro support, but not necessarily the bro vote, given that they tend to be low propensity people who don't vote in big numbers. I think his campaign's strategy is to activate some of them to actually go through the trouble of voting this time.

fecking moron. The economy of the entire upstate of SC was revolutionized by BMW coming here. My home town is currently doubling in size over the next 5 years because they’re building their battery factory there… where children won’t be putting batteries together out of a box.

Voted this morning in the first day of early voting. There was about an hour line when I got there at 9am. Wake and Mecklenburg counties are at about 3.6% turnout today, while Durham is over 5%. Durham will probably go 82-85% for Harris.

The shift for Harris needs to be in Wake, Mecklenburg, Guilford, and Forsyth. Bump Wake and Meck up to about 3-5% for Harris, and she could be golden. Turning out more voters in all of those counties would be big for her as well. Hopefully Black voters see a turnout boost in Durham, Mecklenburg, and the Black Belt counties.

Last edited:
Voted this morning in the first day of early voting. There was about an hour line when I got there at 9am. Wake and Mecklenburg counties are at about 3.6% turnout today, while Durham is over 5%. Durham will probably go 85% for Harris.

The shift for Harris needs to be in Wake, Mecklenburg, Guilford, and Forsyth. Bump Wake and Meck up to about 3-5% for Harris, and she could be golden. Turning out more voters in all of those counties would be big for her as well. Hopefully Black voters see a turnout boost in Durham, Mecklenburg, and the Black Belt counties.
General data across the board show R in person way up, Dems down, and I up in percentage term, higher turnout than 2020 but thats to be expected with no pandemic around.

Imo it still looks fine, even if the rural turnout are way up there are only so many votes there and they are cannibalizing their EDay vote, and D registration has been slipping everywhere as new D/lean D voters register as independents, but after day 1 you probably feel really good as R.

Update for all NC EV by county:

Last edited:
Dem Edge slowing down :(
The GOP was always going to catch up on return rate, otherwise with the previous 20-30k gain per day you are looking at a Dem margin of +600-700k not even counting VBM Independents going to Election day, which is unrealistic.

Even if they continue to cut 0.3-0.4% every day for the rest of the way, we are still looking at a D+2 return edge and a margin of around 450k, which is more than the projected 390k at the beginning, that's a decent spot to be in.

I readTrump's proposal for ending war in Ukraine is Ukraine giving up on occupied territory of course. And Zelenskiy never should have let war happen, the bastard.

Got to hope it's because less dems are voting by mail this year rather than a lack of enthusiasm for Harris. Not great signs though.

I think that is the right answer, given the situation in 2020. Still on course for the «firewall».

Dem Edge slowing down :(

No, it’s not slowing down. At least not for now.

Early this week, the return edge was 8.6%. Now, it’s basically the same. There will be some swings, and as noted above, Republicans will catch up at some point.

A 500k edge by Election Day is possible: current lead, about 270k. If she adds 15k a day, she will end up above 500k. There are still 2.5 weeks to go.

Personally, I feel good about PA, for now.

Last edited:
Voted this morning in the first day of early voting. There was about an hour line when I got there at 9am. Wake and Mecklenburg counties are at about 3.6% turnout today, while Durham is over 5%. Durham will probably go 82-85% for Harris.

As state with this many good academic institutions should be voting consistently for the Dems.

But, I guess that the south is the south. Hopefully NC becomes the next VA, but obviously not to the same degree.

As state with this many good academic institutions should be voting consistently for the Dems.

But, I guess that the south is the south. Hopefully NC becomes the next VA, but obviously not to the same degree.
You would think but it’s more of the parents telling their kids who they should and shouldn’t vote for. And parents and their parents would have consistently voted for Republicans and continue to do so no matter who the candidate is. Same thing is passed down to the children.

The state is kept competitive by migration of the black population from rural areas, offsetting growth of the research triangle/urban area.

The counties that are most educated (Durham, Orange, Wake, Mecklenburg) all vote pretty heavily for Dems. The issue for NC is that the influx of younger people to the Triangle and Charlotte is offset by the older people moving to NC to retire in places like Union and Brunswick counties. Since fewer people are moving to the Triad (the third major metropolitan area in NC made up of Greensboro, High Point, and Winston-Salem), it's a more conservative area that still leans Dem.

Feel good about Michigan, alright about PA, if any of the rustbelt states screws up, reckon it will be Wisconsin.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/harr...3da6456e364/liveblog_67110899e4b0e33eefb1fb2d

Trump just pulled out of another interview with NBC. He's falling apart before our eyes and a bigger deal should be made of it. Dems shouldn't push the 'unhinged and unstable' line they are pushing, it should be 'impotent and incapable', which undercuts his strong man image.

His ego would not allow for such which means he'd reverse course in an attempt to step up only to stumble over his own feet. Do it, DNC, do it.