2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Again, for me anyone who is part of a minority group and decides to abstain or vote for the republican ticket is actively doing themselves harm.

Give the people a cause to vote for, not a cause to vote against, this is so lame and insulting to arabs and muslims you want automatic votes. Maybe understand them why they wanting to abstain, maybe the human lives of Palestinian children weigh more than any domestic "policy" for them.

Last edited:
Well, couple of big dem-leaning counties aren't turning out as much as they should, Gwinnett County was one of those, and it lags behind state average by quite a bit, some of the more Trump-leaning countries has better turnout so far.

Women turnout, what was that like in 2020, i try to find.
I think the it's the mail return rate that's lagging behind and that might just be because of when they went out/processing etc. 413k voted in Gwinnett in 2020, as of this moment 190k have voted in person or requested a ballot, there isn't a turnout problem as of this moment, and it looks like turnout as a whole will track very close to or even surpass 2020 if you look at the trendline.

Give the people a cause to vote for, not a cause to vote against, this is so lame and insulting to arabs and muslims you want automatic votes. Maybe understand them why they wanting to abstain, maybe the human lives of Palestinian children weigh more than any domestic "policy" for them.
Trump will let Israel wipe Palestine off the face of the Earth, at least Harris would hit the breaks before we reach that point.

I think the it's the mail return rate that's lagging behind and that might just be because of when they went out/processing etc. 413k voted in Gwinnett in 2020, as of this moment 190k have voted in person or requested a ballot, there isn't a turnout problem as of this moment, and it looks like turnout as a whole will track very close to or even surpass 2020 if you look at the trendline.

I hope they catch up soon, but another thing, ever since voting started i'm not really much into polling anymore, but i will mention that Georgia is a state that polling has been pretty accurate last few cycles, its not like, say, Wisconsin, where a poll is essentially meaningless.

Trump will let Israel wipe Palestine off the face of the Earth, at least Harris would hit the breaks before we reach that point.

It’s literally happening as we speak and Harris just said the real tragedy happened on October 7th.

Its rare of me to do both-siderism, but i hardly expect any change in Israel-policy regardless who wins.

Now, maybe Harris has a different opinion on Israel-Gaza than Biden does, but i wouldn't count on it, most mainstream dems aren't different from Biden on this subject either.

So then, i move on to the next big foreign conflict, Ukraine-Russia, and i'm sure dems will provide more there than Trump will, this is what lesser evil-choice looks like in practise, i'll take one thing dems agree with me on, rather than none.

While i've said earlier that its common sense to vote dem for those who don't want rights taken away, if many muslim-americans are going to sit this one out, i'm not going to vote-shame them for it.

Its rare of me to do both-siderism, but i hardly expect any change in Israel-policy regardless who wins.

Now, maybe Harris has a different opinion on Israel-Gaza than Biden does, but i wouldn't count on it, most mainstream dems aren't different from Biden on this subject either.

So then, i move on to the next big foreign conflict, Ukraine-Russia, and i'm sure dems will provide more there than Trump will, this is what lesser evil-choice looks like in practise, i'll take one thing dems agree with me on, rather than none.

While i've said earlier that its common sense to vote dem for those who don't want rights taken away, if many muslim-americans are going to sit this one out, i'm not going to vote-shame them for it.

Yes, and none of this should come as a surprise to anyone. The US and Israel are close allies and as such, any US president is going to support Israel. There may be some degree of variance in terms of the discussions the POUTS and the Israeli PM have in private about what to do, but in public terms there's not going to be a US president who doesn't prioritize the US/Israeli relationship.

It’s possible, although Russia has been so badly damaged by all of this that Putin may well run out of time (as in die of old age or otherwise) before he can launch WW3 against NATO.
Dangerous as Putin is, I worry more about the vacuum he will leave behind than what he himself is capable of.

I hope they catch up soon, but another thing, ever since voting started i'm not really much into polling anymore, but i will mention that Georgia is a state that polling has been pretty accurate last few cycles, its not like, say, Wisconsin, where a poll is essentially meaningless.
Final RCP average in 2020 in GA was Trump +1, Biden won by 0.3
Current average 1.8, of the last 7 polls there 4 of them are right wing pollster showing Trump +1-3 and an outlier from Quinnipiac showing Trump +6. It's actually remarkably similar, of the last 10 polls in 2020 7 showed a Trump lead, 1 tie and 2 Biden lead, with Trump hitting 50 more often than not. It will go down to the wire, but I'm definitely feeling more hopeful about GA now than I've been all year, after the stunts the MAGA shitheads pulled in their Election Board (which I suspect had an impact on the mail return rate in Democratic strongholds).

Also, how pathetic are they?

It looks like Harris said she worked in a McDonald's in 1983, but someone else who may have worked there doesn't remember her working there.

I can understand why that makes her unelectable.

Frankly, when it comes to polling, the ship has sailed.

Polls tell you how people interviewed plan to vote IF they vote. They can’t predict who vote, intensity, etc. I know that it’s nice to see one leading at Silver/NYT/538 two weeks before the election, but it’s nicer to see people vote. The question now: do blue counties in Michigan (and other states) vote at a good rate?! The rest is just noise.

You could get into specifics of the Israel/Palestine conflict, but what Giggsyking says is a broader issue.

There was a general belief that Trump's racism ought to draw minority voters toward the Democratic Party and make it their natural home. But this has not actually happened, in fact Trump gained some minority vote in 2020 relative to 2016, even though he lost overall.

This ought to be accepted, acknowledged, and then hopefully understood. But some people stubbornly insist that no, the voters must be wrong.