2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

He later said she arrived 17 minutes late to the interview, it was initially agreed at 5pm reserving enough time to turn around the tape for his 6 pm show. So whats more likely, his own folks pushing him that they needed to end right then to turn around the tape with 15 minutes left, or Harris staffers thinking she couldnt last another 2 minutes?

As said, if their lips are moving, they are lying.

Yeah, not sure why we would take Baier’s word on anything, he clearly wasn’t trying to give her a platform to respond.

I mean of course you would think that given your priors on her, but this came straight from his mouth

And the reaction from the famously bullish and not-a-handwringing-mess-at-all liberal crowd on X has pretty much been positive following the interview and the clips floating around. The right wing Twitter will lampoon anything she says or does no matter what, they are floating a fecking AI video of 'former student accusing Tim Walz of sexual assault'

This is an ex Fox and Friends host btw:

I'm seeing a whole lot of 'Bret Baier is a hack' on my feed, and mine includes illuminous accounts like Catturd, Collin Rugg, johnny maga etc, even the worst Megyn Kelly can say about this inter view is 'she hates Trump and knows nothing else'

If she walked out at 517 that was still more than enough time to get more than 28 minutes and turn the tape around to air live by 6. Further, it’s not Fox’s fault if she showed up late and had to leave early.

As for Baier, his questions were predictably tough, which should’ve been adequately game planned for by Harris and her prep team. She literally looked like she was practicing in front of a mirror in some of her responses. She was simply unprepared which is why it was abruptly cut.

If she walked out at 517 that was still more than enough time to get more than 28 minutes and turn the tape around to air live by 6. Further, it’s not Fox’s fault if she showed up late and had to leave early.

As for Baier, his questions were predictably tough, which should’ve been adequately game planned for by Harris and her prep team. She literally looked like she was practicing in front of a mirror in some of her responses. She was simply unprepared which is why it was abruptly cut.
The agreed upon interview was 30 min, lasted 28.
5pm start means they have roughly 30 min to cut it before the show starts, it's customary for these 'bombshell' interview to be aired at the opening of the show.
5:17-5:45 means 15 min left until show start = he can stall for 10-15 mins until they finish, it's about ratings, they need to air it when most eyes are tuning in.

As said, I'm having a really hard time buying that the Harris campaign wanted to end it 2 min early because she was getting 'cooked' or because they wanted to avoid the Israel foreign aid question, what's the worst she can do? 'Israel has a right to defend itself and the US is committed that they have all the resources to do it', yeah, that would end her campaign right there and then for sure.

Part of the problem is it looked like Harris’ team only negotiated 30 minutes for the interview, which incentivized Baier to ambush her from the very start all the way through the abrupt end. Had they negotiated an hour, both sides would’ve had plenty of time to talk at length.
What? :lol:

So it looks like the 'Harris staffers' are just a figment of MAGA's imagination

Listen to the clip, nowhere did he actually said 'Harris people' or anything close to it, and it's consistent with his account earlier on as well as him saying 'they are hard wrapping me' to Harris. It's Fox producers telling him to wrap so they can turn around the tape.

The “not ready for a hostile environment” doesn’t reflect what happened. No matter how much preparation you make (and I believe that she prepared enough), there is little that you can do when the anchor doesn’t let you speak. It’s hard to prepare for that part.

Bret Baier had a tough interview with Obama too.

He just talks over her. It's barely an interview.
Fox is a cancer.
Edit: having now watched the whole thing, I like her more. No idea how anyone can accuse of her not doing tough interviews after that attempted hit piece.

Also, please just watch the interview yourselves, and don't post random twitter people's opinions. This is the problem with our damn media ecosystem - reposting these is just narrative creation rather than what actually happened. Remember - most of those responses are not only scripted, they're written before the interview has even taken place, ready to 'flood the zone' the second it ends.

Last edited:
The Fox interview went … fine? The idea that the campaign would have ordered that stopped before time is very MAGA. She did very badly with two questions: the one about Biden and the double question about policy decisions on the border at the beginning of this term. She deflected in an obvious way both times. Apart from that she responded pretty well, managed to keep her nerve through the interruptions while still being forceful and holding her own, and she actually did get time to lay out her case and politics. Was it a 10/10 interview? No, and it never will be because she is not a natural at media appearances. But it was fine.

Nate Cohn right now

1kjig0.jpg

Obviously never gonna happen, but imagine how fecked the ‘EC is wisdom of the founders’ crowd gonna be if it does.

Last edited:
Seems like she was doing ok there to me.
This is my point about posting daft twitter user's takes. Who cares what some random, potentially russian-paid shill says about the interview? Just watch the interview. The sooner we ban Twitter from serious discussion the better imo.

This is my point about posting daft twitter user's takes. Who cares what some random, potentially russian-paid shill says about the interview? Just watch the interview. The sooner we ban Twitter from serious discussion the better imo.
The other clips I've watched in the thread also look ok to me.

If anything, this just looks like a textbook case of a man talking over a woman.

The “not ready for a hostile environment” doesn’t reflect what happened. No matter how much preparation you make (and I believe that she prepared enough), there is little that you can do when the anchor doesn’t let you speak. It’s hard to prepare for that part.

Bret Baier had a tough interview with Obama too.

Exactly.

Bret Baier is as partisan. There is no way he would have spoken over Trump. Even though Trump would have rambled on about exploding hydrogen cars and bird graveyard at the bottom of windmills.

Let's remember him throwing a tantrum when Fox News called Arizona for Biden in 2020....
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...aier-arizona-trump-book-baker-glasser-divider

Harris would have done well to ask Baier if any of the $787M Fox News paid Dominion Voting Systems to avoid trial in the defamation case, came out of his bonus? Its lies like these from Fox and other partisan networks that has 50% of the country supporting Trump.

She did great. Never gave an inch. Those saying she would melt if she ever went on Joe Rogan now look pretty stupid.

Ramiro from Tampa ain't buying that shitty answer. Nor are the women in the audience with their arms folded. Telling prospective voters it was all "peace and love" as cops were getting battered with flag poles.

"We didn't have the guns, they had the guns". So when he says "We" he is saying they are his people? Because i thought they were ANTIFA plants?
And by "they" I assume he means the police. Yup, the police carry guns! And they should have used them because "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" - Sorry Ashley!

It is insane how he cant disavow the January 6 rioters. I really don't think he would be losing many votes from his base if he did, but he just cant bring himself to do it.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for proof of the 'Harris staffers frantically asked to cut the interview short' story by any credible source other than MAGA accounts pushing the same selectively cut 24s clip where Baier didn't even say any of the word 'Kamala/Harris/staff/people/campaign'.

Just show how pervasive the misinformation is that it manages to penetrate even a highly anti Trump space like this.

I'm still waiting for proof of the 'Harris staffers frantically asked to cut the interview short' story by any credible source other than MAGA accounts pushing the same selectively cut 24s clip where Baier didn't even say any of the word 'Kamala/Harris/staff/people/campaign'.

Just show how pervasive the misinformation is that it manages to penetrate even a highly anti Trump space like this.

That was my interpretation of what happened watching it LIVE. I believe Baier's comments afterward speak for themselves. If you think he's lying then you're not likely to be convinced. There was no rational reason for Baier to stop an exclusive interview himself as it was a hard interview for Fox to get and given that it went 28 minutes, there was no other reason to stop it other than the obvious - Harris' handlers probably didn't think it was going well (they were correct) and wanted to yank their principal before something was said that could've gone viral and actually hurt the campaign.

That was my interpretation of what happened watching it LIVE. I believe Baier's comments afterward speak for themselves. If you think he's lying then you're not likely to be convinced. There was no rational reason for Baier to stop an exclusive interview himself as it was a hard interview for Fox to get and given that it went 28 minutes, there was no other reason to stop it other than the obvious - Harris' handlers probably didn't think it was going well (they were correct) and wanted to yank their principal before something was said that could've gone viral and actually hurt the campaign.
I fundamentally disagree it wasn't going well. I think she looked far more calm, sincere and was able to articulate several topics never before uttered on Fox News. I think - given Baiers bizarre prediliction to not allow even 10 seconds of response to his questions before interrupting - she did a good job.

I fundamentally disagree it wasn't going well. I think she looked far more calm, sincere and was able to articulate several topics never before uttered on Fox News. I think - given Baiers bizarre prediliction to not allow even 10 seconds of response to his questions before interrupting - she did a good job.

It was an ambush from beginning to end. She came in with a false sense of security after getting peppered with easy questions for weeks on shows like the View, Charlamage, Howard Stern, and Call me Daddy, and simply wasn't prepared for the obvious reality that Fox was going to mercilessly attack her with questions that suited the narratives of their own viewers.

Why didn't you fix the border for the first 3.5 years of your term ? How many illegals have come in under your administration. Why do most Americans feel the country is on the wrong track ? Why did you change your mind on illegals and criminals getting free gender surgery ?

Her team should've predicted the worst might happen and prepped her for it. Instead she wound up looking like a deer in the headlights. A completely pointless interview, especially given how she came in late (probably deliberately), her staff attempted to negotiate it down to 20 minutes on the fly, only having to abruptly cut it off because the interview clearly wasn't going well.

I'm not saying he's lying, I'm saying they are keeping it vague as a hit job, with MAGA accounts doing the leg work.

What he said on Hannity: 'We were going to do 25-30 minutes, we agreed to 5 pm, we need to start latest 5:15 because we need to turn around the tape before my show at 6 EST, she came out at 5:17'

What he said to Harris, 28 minutes into the interview: 'Madame Vice President, they are giving me a hard wrap here'

What he said later on Fox Business to other Fox anchors including Dana Perino: 'I had 4 people waving at me to wrap'

So tell me, where in any of that does it suggest it was Harris staffers who wanted to cut it, or it was crystal clear that they were under a time constraint to finish the interview to open his show? Don't you think it would be very easy for him to come right out and say just what you think if it really happened? It would be far more damaging than whatever he managed to achieved in the interview.

Also, he’s clearly not going to listen to 4 Harris staffers telling him to wrap it up if he thought he had her on the ropes. Any journalist worth their salt is going to keep going in the hope she gets up before he closes it and walks out.

I'm not saying he's lying, I'm saying they are keeping it vague as a hit job, with MAGA accounts doing the leg work.

What he said on Hannity: 'We were going to do 25-30 minutes, we agreed to 5 pm, we need to start latest 5:15 because we need to turn around the tape before my show at 6 EST, she came out at 5:17'

What he said to Harris, 28 minutes into the interview: 'Madame Vice President, they are giving me a hard wrap here'

What he said later on Fox Business to other Fox anchors including Dana Perino: 'I had 4 people waving at me to wrap'

So tell me, where in any of that does it suggest it was Harris staffers who wanted to cut it, or it was crystal clear that they were under a time constraint to finish the interview to open his show? Don't you think it would be very easy for him to come right out and say just what you think if it really happened? It would be far more damaging than whatever he managed to achieved in the interview.

This is a good quote from Mediate

Following the interview, Baier blamed Harris’s team for the lack of time.

“We were supposed to start at 5 pm. This was the time they gave us,” he said. “Originally we were going to do 25 or 30 minutes, they came in and said, ‘Well, maybe 20.’ So it was already getting whittled down, and then the vice president showed up about 5:15. We were pushing the envelope to be able to turn it around for the top of six o’clock, so that’s how it started, and I could tell when we started talking that she was going to be tough to redirect without me trying to interrupt.” He concluded, “I had a lot of other questions.”

--------------------------

So all things said, the "Fox needed to cut the interview to air it unedited at 6pm" doesn't make sense, because they had about another 15 minutes they could've kept the interview going, even with Harris' late arrival.

It was an ambush from beginning to end. She came in with a false sense of security after getting peppered with easy questions for weeks on shows like the View, Charlamage, Howard Stern, and Call me Daddy, and simply wasn't prepared for the obvious reality that Fox was going to mercilessly attack her with questions that suited the narratives of their own viewers.

Why didn't you fix the border for the first 3.5 years of your term ? How many illegals have come in under your administration. Why do most Americans feel the country is on the wrong track ? Why did you change your mind on illegals and criminals getting free gender surgery ?

Her team should've predicted the worst might happen and prepped her for it. Instead she wound up looking like a deer in the headlights. A completely pointless interview, especially given how she came in late (probably deliberately), her staff attempted to negotiate it down to 20 minutes on the fly, only having to abruptly cut it off because the interview clearly wasn't going well.
You have absolutely no way of knowing what kind of preparation she had, or whether she felt a false sense of security. You also don’t know whether the Harris campaign cut the interview short because it was going badly (it wasn’t). Why do you claim otherwise with such conviction?

Also, he’s clearly not going to listen to 4 Harris staffers telling him to wrap it up if he thought he had her on the ropes. Any journalist worth their salt is going to keep going in the hope she gets up before he closes it and walks out.

They are the actual ones who negotiate the parameters of the interview with Fox producers, and can stop the interview whenever they want.

This is a good quote from Mediate

Following the interview, Baier blamed Harris’s team for the lack of time.

“We were supposed to start at 5 pm. This was the time they gave us,” he said. “Originally we were going to do 25 or 30 minutes, they came in and said, ‘Well, maybe 20.’ So it was already getting whittled down, and then the vice president showed up about 5:15. We were pushing the envelope to be able to turn it around for the top of six o’clock, so that’s how it started, and I could tell when we started talking that she was going to be tough to redirect without me trying to interrupt.” He concluded, “I had a lot of other questions.”

--------------------------

So all things said, the "Fox needed to cut the interview to air it unedited at 6pm" doesn't make sense, because they had about another 15 minutes they could've kept the interview going, even with Harris' late arrival.
It is literally there in the quote...

We were pushing the envelope to be able to turn it around for the top of six o’clock

You have absolutely no way of knowing what kind of preparation she had, or whether she felt a false sense of security. You also don’t know whether the Harris campaign cut the interview short because it was going badly (it wasn’t). Why do you claim otherwise with such conviction?

I'm making an observation here based on the eye test of watching the actual interview as it was aired live, and the comments Baier himself added after the fact.

I'm making an observation here based on the eye test of watching the actual interview as it was aired live, and the comments Baier himself added after the fact.
You’re stating your opinions as if they were undeniable facts.

Privy to the contract, aye?

That's how it works. The producers from both sides negotiate the parameters of the interview based on what the principals want to do. Harris is too high up in the food chain and too busy running for President to engage in a constant back and forth with low level Fox producers.

He's referring to the fact that they were already in a time crunch because she showed up late, not that there wasn't any more time when the interview was abruptly cut at ~28 minutes
Nope.

Just listen for yourself, I already posted it once before.

"But we had to do it before 5:15 to be able to turn the machine around for the top of the 6 pm show'

Seriously, just admit you are wrong, its not that hard.

That's how it works. The producers from both sides negotiate the parameters of the interview based on what the principals want to do. Harris is too high up in the food chain and too busy running for President to engage in a constant back and forth with low level Fox producers.
That’s how you assume it works. Nothing more unless you have a source for that?

You’re stating your opinions as if they were undeniable facts.

They're called opinions. I've also prefaced my comments with the likes of...

"That was my interpretation of what happened watching it LIVE"

"I believe Baier's comments afterward speak for themselves".