2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Yes, I don’t think this will move the needle with less than 3 weeks to go and with many already having early voted. This is the level of scrutiny she should’ve received from the beginning.

In a perfect world, sure, but i mean, the opponent is literally a traitor, an insurrectionist, and so much else.

The opponent should be actually disqualified from even being candidate, and yet, we are going to whine about Harris not having great answers to some issues? No, i don't think so.

If media is going to pretend that Trump is a legitimate candidate, i don't want to hear a word about media not doing their jobs when it comes to Harris, this double standard is absurd.

Don't think that was too bad. Wasn't great certainly wasn't awful. Would've been nice if the host didn't interrupt every sentence.

Don't think that was too bad. Wasn't great certainly wasn't awful. Would've been nice if the host didn't interrupt every sentence.

It was a bit of a hit job from Fox, but that shouldn’t have come as a surprise given the general narrative Fox have been pushing about Harris.

She should’ve been more prepared about the border, sex changes for prisoners, and why the public overwhelmingly think the country is on the wrong track. Not the end of the world and this interview will be forgotten once she goes on CNN next week and is asked softball questions.

She knew what to expect though. The fact that she and her team had a considerable amount of time to be prepared and still came up short on certain questions is not a good look.

It’s really infuriating that! I mean he could commit literal murder and not lose a vote. That’s not fandom. That’s a cult!
Partial cult, partial racists, partial uninformed morons. Some overlap of course. Also add in how US politics is almost like a sports game to them. Very tribal, my President can do no wrong etc etc.

She knew what to expect though. The fact that she and her team had a considerable amount of time to be prepared and still came up short on certain questions is not a good look.
I’m sorry, but Brett interrupted her more than once in this two minutes clip. She couldn’t finish a thought without interruption.

I still disagree giving Fox the time of day, on pure principle, they are not actual news,, as lawyers argue successfully in court to get them of the hook, every so often.

Just because millions of people believe something is true, does not automatically make it so.

At this stage, Harris should focus on visiting swing states. She has done many interviews. Maybe another one here and there, but that’s it.

Well, the actual headline should be "Harris getting annoyed because she is not even allowed to respond".

But whatever.
Yeah that’s just bad interviewing. It didn’t seem like she was getting anywhere helpful or good with her first answer, but his first interruption “I’ll get to the question I promise you” makes no sense since he’d already asked her a question.

The second interruption is pointless. It’s not like he’s pointing out her refusal to answer a question or calling out a lie. He starts naming a bill that she brings up and then continues to talk over her, she asks can she finish the answer (which actually had some substance to it unlike the first bit) and he says “yes ma’am” and keeps talking over her.

“Ignore the headline” maybe don’t ignore the video

Yeah that’s just bad interviewing. It didn’t seem like she was getting anywhere helpful or good with her first answer, but his first interruption “I’ll get to the question I promise you” makes no sense since he’d already asked her a question.

The second interruption is pointless. It’s not like he’s pointing out her refusal to answer a question or calling out a lie. He starts naming a bill that she brings up and then continues to talk over her, she asks can she finish the answer (which actually had some substance to it unlike the first bit) and he says “yes ma’am” and keeps talking over her.

“Ignore the headline” maybe don’t ignore the video
This clip shows a lot that is wrong with our politics and media these days. Baier is not unhinged like Carlson or Hannity, but he’s from Fox.

She’s nicely asking him to let her finish, and he wouldn’t. And then people jump and say “she’s is getting mad at Fox”. What was mad in her request to finish a sentence?

She’s not only a presidential candidate but also the incumbent vice president of the country. Show some respect.

You know, as someone who wasn’t a big fan of her, moments like these make me stick more with her and feel sorry that she should be subjected to this. It’s not fair to criticize her for a “bad response on immigration” when she couldn’t even answer.

Very refreshing to hear; we need more of this!

Sometimes in the hullabaloo of the election cycle people say silly things and get lost in the syrup of trying to win at all cost. No one is the evil one, no one wants to kill democracy. This is about navigable political disagreements, but we can all get through this together. The least we can do is acknowledge that both candidates and their respective parties have the best interest of the country and the people at their core and after the election I hope we can all put aside our differences, shake hands and move forward in full support of the winning candidate for the betterment and prosperity of all the people everywhere.

Sometimes in the hullabaloo of the election cycle people say silly things and get lost in the syrup of trying to win at all cost. No one is the evil one, no one wants to kill democracy. This is about navigateable political disagreements, but we can all get through this together. The least we can do is acknowledge that both candidates and their respective parties have the best interest of the country and the people at their core and after the election I hope we can all put aside our differences, shake hands and move forward in full support of the winning candidate for the betterment and prosperity of all the people everywhere.
Amidst even the most challenging of elections, hope persists.

Sometimes in the hullabaloo of the election cycle people say silly things and get lost in the syrup of trying to win at all cost. No one is the evil one, no one wants to kill democracy. This is about navigable political disagreements, but we can all get through this together. The least we can do is acknowledge that both candidates and their respective parties have the best interest of the country and the people at their core and after the election I hope we can all put aside our differences, shake hands and move forward in full support of the winning candidate for the betterment and prosperity of all the people everywhere.
I would like to have what he has been having.

(I’m posting the clip, not the comment of Siskind).
Is irrelevant, like it ir not there is a distinct possibility he might be the next President, this guy is just hedging his bets so he doesn't get on the wrong side of the winner
Trump wants to be a dictator and punish people who disagree with him.

Said guy: “his heart is in the right place”. Whatever his reasons are, this is just wrong.

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken, Harris’ interview was cut short by her people - probably because it went so poorly.

I somehow doubt Harris staffers are 'they' in this context.

Also

Whatever come out of their mouth isn't worth a bucket of spit, to borrow the words of another VP.

Last edited:

I somehow doubt Harris staffers are 'they' in this context.

I believe Baier himself said he had 4 Harris staffers waiving at him to end it, which watching it live is what appeared to have happened.

Otherwise there was no reason for Fox to abruptly end it in minute 28 if they had 30 minutes reserved.

I’m sorry, but Brett interrupted her more than once in this two minutes clip. She couldn’t finish a thought without interruption.

Part of the problem is it looked like Harris’ team only negotiated 30 minutes for the interview, which incentivized Baier to ambush her from the very start all the way through the abrupt end. Had they negotiated an hour, both sides would’ve had plenty of time to talk at length.

I believe Baier himself said he had 4 Harris staffers waiving at him to end it, which watching it live is what appeared to have happened.

Otherwise there was no reason for Fox to abruptly end it in minute 28 if they had 30 minutes reserved.
He later said she arrived 17 minutes late to the interview, it was initially agreed at 5pm reserving enough time to turn around the tape for his 6 pm show. So whats more likely, his own folks pushing him that they needed to end right then to turn around the tape with 15 minutes left, or Harris staffers thinking she couldnt last another 2 minutes?

As said, if their lips are moving, they are lying.

He later said she arrived 17 minutes late to the interview, it was initially agreed at 5pm reserving enough time to turn around the tape for his 6 pm show. So whats more likely, his own folks pushing him that they needed to end right then to turn around the tape with 15 minutes left, or Harris staffers thinking she couldnt last another 2 minutes?

As said, if their lips are moving, they are lying.

They weren’t obliged to air the interview at 6 EST. They could’ve aired it later. Having negotiated interview parameters before, my guess is the Harris people, knowing how badly it was going, wanted to cut it short to spare her any further damage on social media. As it stands, Trump has already rebroadcast the entire thing on his page as an ad and she is getting lampooned by right wing Twitter. She simply wasn’t ready for a hostile interview, and it showed.

Part of the problem is it looked like Harris’ team only negotiated 30 minutes for the interview, which incentivized Baier to ambush her from the very start all the way through the abrupt end. Had they negotiated an hour, both sides would’ve had plenty of time to talk at length.
That's strange logic. Surely less time is best with a hostile interviewer?

That's strange logic. Surely less time is best with a hostile interviewer?

If they were that concerned she shouldn’t have done it at all. She was never going to go on Fox and be allowed to talk about anything other than what they wanted to talk about, which are the questions of interest to right wing audiences.

Were her people worried that if she talked for two more minutes she'd start ranting about the late great Hannibal Lecter and immigrants eating dogs?

They weren’t obliged to air the interview at 6 EST. They could’ve aired it later. Having negotiated interview parameters before, my guess is the Harris people, knowing how badly it was going, wanted to cut it short to spare her any further damage on social media. As it stands, Trump has already rebroadcast the entire thing on his page as an ad and she is getting lampooned by right wing Twitter. She simply wasn’t ready for a hostile interview, and it showed.
I mean of course you would think that given your priors on her, but this came straight from his mouth

And the reaction from the famously bullish and not-a-handwringing-mess-at-all liberal crowd on X has pretty much been positive following the interview and the clips floating around. The right wing Twitter will lampoon anything she says or does no matter what, they are floating a fecking AI video of 'former student accusing Tim Walz of sexual assault'

This is an ex Fox and Friends host btw:

I'm seeing a whole lot of 'Bret Baier is a hack' on my feed, and mine includes illuminous accounts like Catturd, Collin Rugg, johnny maga etc, even the worst Megyn Kelly can say about this inter view is 'she hates Trump and knows nothing else'