2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

JD Vance makes my fecking skin crawl. I really hope Americans see what a disgusting smear of slime he actually is.

Y'all actually watch this shit? Since when does anybody care what the VP has to say?

Like, the only notable moment the last time around was Harris's 'I'm speaking', and I doubt it moved any voter.

Edit:

So I just read the rules now, what a clusterfeck! :lol: , free reign to lie your ass off and then lie some more defending it.

After ruling by various Imams in USA, Muslims are now inclined to vote for green party. If this happens, it will benefit Trump a lot.

Only seen a few clips, but in a controlled environment like a debate stage, Vance is able to sound more convincing and normal. He can spout talking points relatively effectively. Obviously it’s without substance, but that will matter little.

Vance is an excellent liar. Very polished. Should help his popularity rise above the literal worst in history.

Only thing anyone remembers about the last VP debate was a fly on Pence hair. Don't think this moves needles.

It feels like Netanyahu is using this Biden lame duck period where he knows Biden, or Harris, cant do anything but support him, in the run up to the election.

That is the thanks you get from him for backing him militarily over the past four years.
Yup.

If your earn 50k per year and it grows at 3.8% per year, after 4 years you earn 58k.

If your grocery bill accounts a for 40% of your income (which is absurdly high, but let’s, for the sake of argument), and after 4 years it increases by a total of 21%, you’ve spent an extra 4k per annum. Thus, you are still ahead.

And this is the real story behind the Biden economy, wage growth have, by and large, kept up with or outpaced inflation under Biden, especially among the lowest earners (iirc, the weakest growth is with upper-middle class), but people can’t do basic maths and those who benefit most from his policies vote Trump in droves.

Y'all actually watch this shit? Since when does anybody care what the VP has to say?

Like, the only notable moment the last time around was Harris's 'I'm speaking', and I doubt it moved any voter.

Edit:

So I just read the rules now, what a clusterfeck! :lol: , free reign to lie your ass off and then lie some more defending it.

If CBS had indeed agreed not to fact check, then shame on them.

If CBS had indeed agreed not to fact check, then shame on them.
They provided a ‘QR code’ on screen so viewers can log in to a live feed of fact checks.

It’s laughably spineless. They clearly got spooked after the heat ABC caught and decided to hedge, didn’t even dare to run chyron with live fact check on screen.

Also, Trump chickened out of their 60 Minutes interview after he found out the interviewer will fact check him.

Only seen a few clips, but in a controlled environment like a debate stage, Vance is able to sound more convincing and normal. He can spout talking points relatively effectively. Obviously it’s without substance, but that will matter little.

At the end of the day, neither of them violated the "do no harm" rule, so this debate will be easily forgotten in a few days and replaced in the media space by the two main candidates.

At the end of the day, neither of them violated the "do no harm" rule, so this debate will be easily forgotten in a few days and replaced in the media space by the two main candidates.
Yeah, the situation in the Middle East gives much more cause for concern than the VP debate.

Would love to see the sample sizes and confidence intervals for all these polls because something definitely isn't right. My guess is poor sampling.

Also, polls tend to be come a bit less relevant the closer you get to the election because they don't provide any sense of actual turnout. It doesn't matter if one candidate is up by 6 points if voters don't actually turn up to vote.

The entire Biden administration and entire Biden campaign (which has transferred into becoming the Harris campaign after running a senile man for a year, and now is running a younger woman woke using the exact same strategy of avoiding the media) are constantly forever failing upwards. Including, in a way, Biden and Harris themselves, but somehow they're the least bad examples of it.

This is painful to watch on multiple levels.

Vance is clearly the best public speaker among the 4 debaters so far.

Vance and Walz probably agreed about more than they disagreed on before Vance became a clout chasing Maga stooge.

Shapiro would’ve mopped the floor with Vance tonight.

Considering the hand he was played, i.e. being Trump's running mate and having to defend his madness as well as having few real policies, plus some of the cards he gave himself, Vance did really well. He is a very skilled speaker.

He did well to saniwash Trump and to listen to him it felt like Vance was the running mate of Romney, not Trump, at times. Quite surprised he didn't go on the attack against Walz like he did with the stolen valor and tampon stuff, but he must realise that wouldn't play well.

Some of it was pure gaslighting from Vance and revisionist history. He lies just as much as Trump and Walz wasn't able to call it out because Vance said it with authority and confidence.

Walz answers just were not as clear and as concise. And i'm not sure why Walz kept wanting to agree with Vance on many points. Walz let Vance off the hook on immigration lies, the Iran deal, gun control, the environment and abortion.

Re Abortion, Trump and Vance keep saying that the right thing to do was bring it closer to the people by letting States decide. When is a Democrat going to stand up and say the one thing closer to home than a state vote is allowing the woman to decide? Which is how it was prior to Dobbs. They seem to be letting Republicans off the hook with it.

Walz did well at the end on the J6 part of the debate. Did well to put Vance on the spot on whether Trump won the election. Should have reminded everyone though that Trump did not take place in a peaceful transfer of power and was the first President in over 100 years to not attend the next President's inauguration. He should have also brought up Trumps plans to pardon the J6 criminals.

Not sure if Shapiro would have wiped the floor with Vance, but would have done a better job.

Im still struggling to see what Walz brings to the ticket.

Yes, he has the "Napa Know How", can coach football and is a mean rifle shooter, but to me, he is not going to bring Harris many votes that she wouldn't have gotten anyway.

The entire Biden administration and entire Biden campaign (which has transferred into becoming the Harris campaign after running a senile man for a year, and now is running a younger woman woke using the exact same strategy of avoiding the media) are constantly forever failing upwards. Including, in a way, Biden and Harris themselves, but somehow they're the least bad examples of it.

The Were Not Going Back line is / was great.

MAGA is inherently backward looking. Were Not Going Back is the obverse of that.