2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

You cannot expect someone to vote against their own personal interests and the welfare of themselves and those closest around them over an issue that has no direct impact on them no matter how horrible it is.
Of course you can.

So the responsibility for a poster lobbing accusations of supporting genocide lies not with that poster but, at least in part, with someone calling out that it may happen?

Responsibility? No. But if what you really want is a thread where that doesn't happen, that sort of post is really unhelpful. You weren't responding to someone who had actually done what you described.

Sure, they're all true, and everyone has a red line somewhere. I hope, at least, that they do. I guess I thought a genocide would be a red line for a few more people.
They have a red line, it just doesn't involve a bunch of Arab kids being genocided far, far away. As far as they're concerned, its just unfortunate 'noise' and a distraction from the carnival circle jerk that's happening within the Dem circuit.

And despite what posters say, it absolutely warrants judging someone's moral convictions based on their stance of the genocide. If the argument was a bit more nuanced and delicately caveated with 'Yes I support the Dems, and I find what's happening in Gaza abhorrent, but Trump would be much worse for the US and Gaza, and I feel there's limited scope for electability considering AIPAC's stranglehold, but we'll fight it when another election is secured', then it would warrant a bit more sympathy from me. When you have a bunch of rabid Kamala fans booing anyone who unfurls a 'ceasefire now' banner while covering their ears then names of murdered Palestinian children are read out, then I absolutely am going to judge them and consider them no morally better than the degenerates they're up against.

Responsibility? No. But if what you really want is a thread where that doesn't happen, that sort of post is really unhelpful. You weren't responding to someone who had actually done what you described.

Jill Stein? I think she wants to stop weapons sales or something like that.

Again, about 140 million Americans have collectively decided that the genocide they are helping carry out is either good, or irrelevant to their politics.

I'm not judging (some of you, at any rate!). Especially, I don't think you're being insincere.
But I think it's not good to hide, especially to yourself, what a vote for this party is.

I don't even think Americans voters are unique in this regard. Most voters (logically) don't care about other places. The only unique thing is the power of the US, which means American voters do control the lives of millions, in this case, pretty directly.

But to go down this route puts labels on every single person who ever ran because...nobody is flawless.
[...]
By voting for Trump you support detaining and caging immigrants
[...]
With this logic, you are basically saying that every single person has a moral question because they support [insert bad thing here] because by voting for a candidate, you are somehow explicitly agreeing to all of their policies?
The sense i get from reading the thread is that most people here do, in fact, believe that people who vote for Trump support 'detaining and caging immigrants', 'letting women die from not having abortions', and a bunch of other terrible things, either explicitly or implicitly. These voters do not get the benefit of nuance.

Last edited:
The person who is actually choosing to commit the genocide in Gaza is a Trump fanboy who goes to visit him in FL and recently spoke to congress at the invitation of Trump's party.
Republican Leader McConnell, Speaker Johnson, Majority Leader Schumer, and Democratic Leader Jeffries today sent a letter to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu inviting him to address a Joint Meeting of Congress.

'Christian' MAGA dragging Gus Walz hard due to his emotional scene when his pop took the stage.

Poor kid has learning disabilities. Doesn't mean shit to them.

So infuriating.

Then there's a cnut like this. When you get Coach pissed off, you're basically an utter asshole...

'Christian' MAGA dragging Gus Walz hard due to his emotional scene when his pop took the stage.

Poor kid has learning disabilities. Doesn't mean shit to them.

So infuriating.

Then there's a cnut like this. When you get Coach pissed off, you're basically an utter asshole...
I didn't realize they were on him so bad earlier. But, nothing should shock at this point attacking a teen with disabilities is right up their alley.

Not sure anyone is convincing anyone on here, as ever. For some Gaza is literally the only thing that matters, so for them any other topic or concern comes second. Fine. But at this stage you need to accept that not everyone agrees with you.

Personally as I've constantly said on here I believe it's an enormously complicated issue to fix, and so judging any individual on not being able to fix it is not going to get you anywhere.

As other more nuanced posters have adroitly said, Harris is stuck as she's beholden to Biden and his (imo misguided and outdated) policy of Israeli support. Let's see what she says tonight, but anyone ignoring that is just ignoring reality.
you say that, then immediately do this:
Genocide supporter!!!!
what the feck.

Seriously DNC, do better. The fact that they refused to allow a Palestinian speaker give a 2 minute speech just shows their true colours. Ruwa Romman had released the speech she intended to give and there was nothing wrong with it.

Seriously DNC, do better. The fact that they refused to allow a Palestinian speaker give a 2 minute speech just shows their true colours. Ruwa Romman had released the speech she intended to give and there was nothing wrong with it.
Agreed. The only thing to take from that is they are terrified of even addressing the Palestinian position and so are trying to sweep it under the rug.

Yeah its ridiculous. It's also quite conspicuous that Gavin Newsom isn't speaking given that he's been a leading contender to challenge for the presidency. I''m guessing Harris was annoyed that Gavin was pimping himself out in a shadow campaign for much of this past year in case Biden dropped out.

I get it, he's up for reelection, but good lord Pennsylvania can't you do better than Casey (or Feterman).

Yeah its ridiculous. It's also quite conspicuous that Gavin Newsom isn't speaking given that he's been a leading contender to challenge for the presidency. I''m guessing Harris was annoyed that Gavin was pimping himself out in a shadow campaign for much of this past year in case Biden dropped out.
Do we need to hear from him? He's not really the future anymore, unless the election goes tits up, and nor is he a beloved party leader like Pelosi/Clintons/Obamas that the type of folk who attend the DNC apparently love to hear from.

Agreed. The only thing to take from that is they are terrified of even addressing the Palestinian position and so are trying to sweep it under the rug.
Its just sad. The parents of one of hostages showed more compassion towards the Gazan people in their speech last night than any Democrat politician has shown during this convention.

I get it, he's up for reelection, but good lord Pennsylvania can't you do better than Casey (or Feterman).

He made a good point earlier, which he didn't repeat during his speech. Corporate profits are far outpacing inflation, which means they are simply prioritizing shareholder prices over all else.

Do we need to hear from him? He's not really the future anymore, unless the election goes tits up, and nor is he a beloved party leader like Pelosi/Clintons/Obamas that the type of folk who attend the DNC apparently love to hear from.

If Harris loses (a distinct possibility) he will be the next guy up. Normally, the party sets up the next group of leading candidates with prominent speaking roles at the convention, so its conspicuous he's not involved. Especially since he and Harris go back decades in bay area politics. I'm guessing she's trying her best to shelve him so he doesn't outshine her.

If Harris loses (a distinct possibility) he will be the next guy up. Normally, the party sets up the next group of leading candidates with prominent speaking roles at the convention, so its conspicuous he's not involved. Especially since he and Harris go back decades in bay area politics. I'm guessing she's trying her best to shelve him so he doesn't outshine her.
You think everyone will outshine her :lol:

You think everyone will outshine her :lol:

She isn't exactly known to be an Obama level orator. She's better with scripted quips in Senate hearings or one line debate zingers designed for social media. Lengthy speeches and interviews aren't her cup of tea.

To be honest, Newsom made it far too obvious so you can kind of understand why Harris is bitter about it.

The sorority angle isn't being discussed enough. AKA is no joke. Harris is an AKA sister. That taps into quite a good number of people, be it directly from AKA or other traditionally black sororities & fraternities.

To be honest, Newsom made it far too obvious so you can kind of understand why Harris is bitter about it.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised for it to be revealed they are quietly beefing behind the scenes. He is still doing the dirty work on her behalf by dropping facts on Fox.

Trying to get his Green Card back.

Edit: Apparently this pic is from a WNBA game a few days ago. Unclear if he's actually there.

Might be a false alarm. The pic was from a WNBA game a few days ago. A journalist RT'd it so I assumed it was legit. Could be, but the pic isn't from tonight.

Yeah looks like a wum by the tweeter. Other tweets are saying it was from a WNBA game.