2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Haha I was taking the piss with the spelling. It's not your fault you had to remove silent vowels and make our language simpler to fit your national IQ levels.

Well, those low IQ folks did kick the Brits back across the pond and figured might as well change the language to our mode of life going forward.

Sorry to be pedmatic but there is no such thing as the Congressional Medal of Honour. (Yes, it's spelt 'honour' not 'honor'

It's the Medal of Honour and it's awarded by Congress.

/Mini rant over
I hate when people are pedmatic I find it quite dishonourable

I'd love to be wrong. Maybe there's a new level to Harris' game that will magically be revealed in the coming months.

I've followed her career since her CA days. Being a local DA is nowhere near the same level as running for President. As for the DEI issue, Biden literally broadcast to the world that he was committed to selecting a black woman VP, and he did. So instead of running away from it, the Dems should just own it, especially since they are the ones who champion DEI as good policy.

To be clear, she hasn't done anything in the past month either, other than selecting Walz and going on a short tour of swing states. Her momentum is reflective of the Democrats having a collective sigh of relief that their candidate isn't an 80 year old, and therefore a possibility that another Trump term isn't a forgone conclusion. It has nothing to do with Harris herself or anything she's said or done since she hasn't given a single interview and only released a bit of policy the other day. I can't recall a single situation in the past where people were asked to vote for someone going into a political convention without first knowing what their published policies are.

Back to my first line above - I'd love to be wrong. Maybe there's a new level to Harris' game that will magically be revealed in the coming months. So far I have not seen it.
You are weird on Harris, @Raoul - odd.

Harris is on the stage right now.

“We will declare with one voice… “ reminds me of the famous speech of the U.S. president in the movie “Independence Day”.

The crowd doesn’t seem to pay attention to the speakers who are not prominent enough. They talk while the speakers speak. I don’t like that.

Steve Kerr appears with USA! USA! USA! chants.

Last edited:
Hillary Clinton: I was heartbroken when she lost in 2016. Good to see her tonight speaking. Good speech overall.

Wow, I rarely am moved by speeches but good lord this young woman’s story. The audible gasp from the audience, I think, is all of us.

In any other country, this election wouldn’t even be close. It’s an indictment on our political system that Trump has a chance of winning.

Dark Brandon is here but it’s too late.

He powered through with the debate despite covid and tanked, that has to be the biggest political own goal in history.

In any other country, this election wouldn’t even be close. It’s an indictment on our political system that Trump has a chance of winning.
Not sure that's accurate, we've seen plenty of other similar figures win or at least make significant headway in their own elections around the world in the last 10 years

Biden sounding better than he has in a while. A bit like his state of the Union address.
It’s better than SOTU imo, if he can deliver this twice a week it wouldn’t hurt to get him to tour the Rust Belt and stump for Harris, especially in the redder parts of those states.

Not sure that's accurate, we've seen plenty of other similar figures win or at least make significant headway in their own elections around the world in the last 10 years
In which country someone like Trump has at least a 50% chance of winning? I’m not just talking about someone from the far right, but a convicted felon, etc.

It’s better than SOTU imo, if he can deliver this twice a week it wouldn’t hurt to get him to tour the Rust Belt and stump for Harris, especially in the redder parts of those states.
Not really. That SOTU speech was his last great speech. This is a good one, but will be remembered only because he’s passing the torch. I grade it PASS.

Last edited:
In which country someone like Trump has at least a 50% chance of winning? I’m not just talking about someone from the far right, but a convicted felon, etc.

Not really. That SOTU speech was his last great speech. This is a good one, but will be remembered only because he’s passing the torch. I grade it PASS.
Israel says hello

The expectation being so low before that speech made it seems better than it was. From a visual pov Brandon looks much more forceful/assertive tonight.

Axelrod said this is the speech he was planning to give Thursday and it’s true.

Israel says hello
Netanyahu is terrible, but he hasn’t been convicted yet.

And, is that the only example that you could come up with? Israel?!!

Would this happen in the UK? France? Australia? Sweden? The reality is that we Americans have f*ed up in 2016 and we may do it again. This should be easily a 60-40 race, at least.

The expectation being so low before that speech made it seems better than it was. From a visual pov Brandon looks much more forceful/assertive tonight.

Axelrod said this is the speech he was planning to give Thursday and it’s true.
I agree with that. Good speech but that’s it.

The Biden Family segment, From Jill to Ashley to Joe, was the weakest part of the night. But, it was necessary on Night 1 so that we can give Biden his standing ovation, thank him… and then move on.

Netanyahu is terrible, but he hasn’t been convicted yet.

And, is that the only example that you could come up with? Israel?!!

Would this happen in the UK? France? Australia? Sweden? The reality is we Americans have f*ed up in 2016 and we may do it again. This should be easily a 60-40 race, at least.
Perhaps not convicts, but Brazil, Italy, Hungary gave all elected dodgy populist figures.

Humans are not logical and populist the types know how to take advantage of this.

Perhaps not convicts, but Brazil, Italy, Hungary gave all elected dodgy populist figures.

Humans are not logical and populist the types know how to take advantage of this.
That’s why I asked about convicted felons (and twice impeached), and not just right wingers like these figures and Le Pen.

Saw a lot of normie libs/Dems praising AOC speech tonight, comparing it to Obama 04 even. Cheeky 2028 NY Senate run into 2032 presidential run?

She’s Pelosi-fied a lot the last 6 years, but probably the best shot the left has for a sympathiser in the White House.

Saw a lot of normie libs/Dems praising AOC speech tonight, comparing it to Obama 04 even. Cheeky 2028 NY Senate run into 2032 presidential run?

She’s Pelosi-fied a lot the last 6 years, but probably the best shot the left has for a sympathiser in the White House.
I definitely think a Senate run is on the cards. She'd be vilified to the extreme if she ran for POTUS though, which I'm sure she's aware of. She ticks so many boxes for the Republicans - woman, person of color, New Yorker, leftist (at least to begin with), etc. It would be a spectacle for sure, but I don't think she'd ever win the Democratic primaries.

Serves him right, he made his bet, now he has to stick by it, good stuff.

I'd say that it is more about the mindset of the people than it does about the system