2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Can anyone explain the hannibal lecter thing? What am I missing? Is this code for something in the maga world or just trump being the usual moron?

Right wing pollsters.

538 have even dropped them from their analysis.

At least they don't do what Nate Silver suggest they do, "if right-wingsters are flooding polls, why don't dems just do the same", basically as he put it in 2022.

Better to just not include them, i'd say.

Desperate.

Did Fox report how Trump tells his "Late Great Hannibal Lecter" story in every speech?

Better yet, why is Fox "News" allowed to exist?

I don't know just how far the first amendment extend in the US, but Fox blatantly admits they aren't real news in courts, and successfully so.

So, if they should be allowed to exist, why are they allowed to keep their name?

Can anyone explain the hannibal lecter thing? What am I missing? Is this code for something in the maga world or just trump being the usual moron?

He thinks asylum seekers come from mental asylums. That leads him to talk about "The Late Great" Hannibal Lecter, who I can only assume is his only point of reference when discussing mental asylums.

He is trying to scare people by saying an army of Hannibal Lecter's are invading the country.

False on many levels. For one, Hannibal Lecter never died in the books or films.

I don't know just how far the first amendment extend in the US, but Fox blatantly admits they aren't real news in courts, and successfully so.

So, if they should be allowed to exist, why are they allowed to keep their name?

I mean, you have a point. Have them change their name to Fox Views.

:lol:As long as she didn't end up being a Covid denier or something.
Maybe it's a slightly less extreme US version of David Icke.
She is a climate activist with Greenpeace who was arrested for her activism (occupying a Shell ship).

Also has real acting chops and played a mean, memorable bitch on the StarZ’s Spartacus show.

And her Twitter burns on Sorbo are pretty great.

There is apparently a beef going on between the Murdoch brothers about the future of Fox. Lachlan wants it to remain as is, James wants to be more lib.

There is apparently a beef going on between the Murdoch brothers about the future of Fox. Lachlan wants it to remain as is, James wants to be more lib.

Rupert has made Lachlan the successor because he knows keeping Fox right wing is where the money is.

My Pillow and The Camp Lejeune lawyers must pay a lot in ad revenue!

What's the argument here, that the advent of the Harris ticket has repulsed the nation but enthused Wisconsin? The national picture is just the aggregate of local ones. Of course there are discrepancies, it's just that they don't often head out in diametrically opposed directions. It signifies that at least one of them is wrong.
The argument is simply that discrepancies between state polls and national polls are a normal part of American politics, and therefore should not be surprising. Indeed, discrepancies between any polls are a fairly normal occurence.

I’m honestly pretty confused how you don’t understand that point, and why such a discrepancy is necessarily “weird”.

Describing those two polls as being “in diametrically opposed directions” just doesn’t make sense either when they show a swing of just four percentage points for each candidate, especially when you consider typical margins of error in political polls, and the fact that other polls from that state, and other national polls, show different results.

But even when there is a discrepancy like that, both polls could still be right because they are polling different things. By definition a national aggregate of the polling from 50 states cannot align with every single poll result from each of those individual states, unless the poll results from each state are all exactly the same (which has never ever happened in a presidential race).

Additionally, there are myriad things that can affect polling within individual states that aren’t accounted for at the national level. Demographic changes, performances of state incumbents, regional economic and social drivers etc.

I have heard an alarming amount of posters here say Trump is very funny. For instance because of his super clever nicknames like, uhm, lyin Ted. Or something.

I just dont understand the appeal. He's such a clear malignant narcissist and enormous cnut. I honestly think he has zero redeeming qualities. None. He's the shittest person alive.
There is serious competition for this to be fair

Harris campaign has great momentum at the moment. Trump needs to do something.

I think they're all a bit shit apart from him calling Kim Jong-Un Little Rocket Man.

And Kim responding calling Trump a Dotard.
I;m surprised Trump didn't use that one on Biden TBH

And don't forget my button's bigger than your button, would have been better if said button was prefaced with belly

This seems quite important? Rogan has a huge right wing following surely?

Rogan's following is pretty diffuse. If it were concentrated more in any one particular area it would be among anti-vaxxers and conspiracy muppets. So who better to support than RFK.

Brilliant comedy at Fox. He honeymooned in China and has zero investments. He therefore doesn't believe in capitalism.

What does this… even mean?

A failed attempt at mixing two Harris criticisms. The first that she did a terrible job on border security as VP, the second that she is ducking interviews because she's not very good at them.

It’s very Brick Tamlandesque