2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Coach vs couch?

Walz was a coach, so its been mentioned a few times by Harris.

I'm pretty far away from all this, but that's my impression as well. Walz sounds like a normal dude when he's talking, while Shapiro always has this rhetorical style and word salad thing going on that they seem to teach at US universities. (Or at least, I've never heard it done quite as 'well' as by US academics.) I don't know how those things appeal to common voters, but Walz's appearance definitely appeals more to me.
Yes.

Think about it: he’s a governor of a MW state, a former teacher, a former member of congress, a former coach and a veteran. He’s really appealing to a wide range of audience.

Also: this Harris is much more matured than the candidate in 2020. I feel better about her candidacy now than I did before.

True.... but cal knows good food so I trust him. He's the only person in this place, and probably in NC/GA who knows who Stitt and Hastings are.
I've eaten in many top restaurants over the years, not that I was paying, usually work related, the food was good, but not that good, I've also stopped for a snack afterwards because the main course were tiny and wouldn't fill a 3 year old!

Best meal I ever had was 40+ years ago when I was a teenager at Rules in London, I think it was more exclusive then because price wise it's not too bad nowadays and I could afford to treat myself there, then it would have been like 6 months wages!

Would be something if that guy drags Trump down in NC, but then, if Harris wins NC the election is over anway, i guess.
If NC goes blue, that would be incredible. This state is always close, but goes red. It has some good universities and that bodes well for Democrats. They should just seal the deal there.

Also: this Harris is much more matured than the candidate in 2020. I feel better about her candidacy now than I did before.

She hasn't changed much imo. Possibly a few years wiser, but still struggles with the same issues that torpedoed her in 2020.

Like what?

We still don't know what she stands for.
She continuous to struggle with public speaking
She struggles in one on one interviews (which may be because she hasn't given any lately)

Each of these are connected to one another, so she really does need to address them before the convention.

We still don't know what she stands for.
She continuous to struggle with public speaking
She struggles in one on one interviews (which may be because she hasn't given any lately)

Each of these are connected to one another, so she really does need to address them before the convention.
I actually got the feeling that she’s doing better in that regard. She looks more “serious” than she seemed 4 years ago.

It's like Biden's announcement he won't be running has reenergised the Democrats campaign

The Harris campaign has people believing they can actually defeat Trump in November. Biden's was quite frankly depressing because nobody really believed he could beat Trump again. I can just imagine what that rally would've looked like if Biden was still the nominee...

That said, i hope she will do a couple of interviews, and a town hall soon.

I actually got the feeling that she’s doing better in that regard. She looks more “serious” than she seemed 4 years ago.

Its definitely a work in progress. If you put a Harris speech next to a Newsom or a Shapiro, the difference in quality is pretty stark.

Walz is great speaker though, especially as someone who doesn't use teleprompters.

Really warmed up to her recently and loving the profile of her running mate. With trump coming off the hinges the last couple of weeks have been interesting to say the least.

It's like Biden's announcement he won't be running has reenergised the Democrats campaign

I think there’s a pretty simple dynamic going on, namely that people also just want to be a part of something new and positive. It’s a lot more fun to be on the potential winning side.

Harris doesn’t have to be amazingly charismatic or have new policies for that.

As a Brit I have no say in this election but Kamala Harris is quite an impressive speaker. Trump is 12 months behind Biden in the dementia stakes.

He also has both children by IVF, which is very important in current times.

He’s the common sense Everyman.

Where do you live? Your takes are spectacularly wide of the mark.

Kelly has more power and influence where he is.

I think this was important, snuff out any rearguard action from the erstwhile supporters of the left. Don’t give them the chance to hold the party hostage.

Dubya famously was relatable, and tbh is shores up any perceived good was on Harris’ part.

Agree, a non-argument best left to Reddit.

Well said! Thoughts and prayers sent.

He is the Midwest, he’s normal.

NYC and we will see if the takes are off in 90 days.

Is anyone saying that? If people were saying that PA is unwinnable, then as is the race. WI, PA and MI have all gone together since the mid 70s.

I think it is fair to say that it may be harder without Shapiro, but if Walz can connect with working class voters, then maybe not.

No one is saying PA is gone. The whole debate is about a missed opportunity to boost Dems chances in the most important state.
I dunno fellas, you tell me. All I’ve read today by some of yall is what has, to me, amounted to the wringing of clothes and gnashing of teeth

This looks fresh, upbeat and energised. Everything they do has to have the same level of eagerness for a positive change.

Trump's campaign is just dour and bitter in-comparison with no real positive outlook on anything.

I dunno fellas, you tell me. All I’ve read today by some of yall is what has, to me, amounted to the wringing of clothes and gnashing of teeth

The simple question is, would Shapiro give Harris a better chance of winning PA than Walz. I believe that answer is yes.

Does that mean that she wont win it? No. Its still 50/50. I just think Shapiro would have given her the edge.

I think Trump will be cancelling the VP debate at this point. If he allows it to go forward, Walz would absolutely mop the floor with Vance.

The JD Vance jokes just writes themselves at this point.

I think Trump will be cancelling the VP debate at this point. If he allows it to go forward, Walz would absolutely mop the floor with him.
Any neutral person can’t compare Vance and Walz. The MN governor has a totally different profile and just seems like a good guy.

I think Trump will be cancelling the VP debate at this point. If he allows it to go forward, Walz would absolutely mop the floor with him.

I love Shapiros line on Vance.

"If you cant be honest to yourself, you cant be honest with the American people".

Vance is a fake. He is a hedge fund boy with the hand of Peter Thiel up his ass. He has already exposed himself. Easy for Walz to take him to the cleaners.

This looks fresh, upbeat and energised. Everything they do has to have the same level of eagerness for a positive change.

Trump's campaign is just dour and bitter in-comparison with no real positive outlook on anything.
Trump's campaign just looks tired, low energy, negative. Even some recent rallies he looks low energy and rambling

JD Vance is a poor pick

It's like Biden announcement has sucked the life out of the Republicans

Walz: In Minnesota we respect our neighbors and their personal choices that they make. Even if we wouldn't make the same choice for ourselves, there's a golden rule, mind your own damn business.

Damn, this guy's fire!

Trump's campaign just looks tired, low energy, negative. Even some recent rallies he looks low energy and rambling

JD Vance is a poor pick

It's like Biden announcement has sucked the life out of the Republicans

Republicans have the advantage of the electoral college though, so it will be close.