2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Not sure if he is the best choice for dems, considering his stance on Israel, but Josh Shapiro is one hell of a speaker i must say, reminds me of the way Obama held crowds.

I don't like Shapiro myself. He doesn't sound genuine to me. He comes off like he's trying too hard to sound slick and copying Obama than being real.

27e85b15-47a5-4b38-b0d2-94ff51ee7f21_text.gif

You are of course right, and no, I don't think there should be some sort of test, or barrier to entry (as I said in my follow up) it was more me lamenting the cynical nature of modern politics and wording it poorly, rather than trying to come up with a realistic solution.

I'm also in no way trying to imply that phone call has any semblance to anything approaching the insa ity that os the republican side of things.

My initial post was mostly aimed at the fact that politics are now entertainment, and they shouldn't be. Too many politicians are in it, just to win, not to actually change things.

It's just all so fecking absurd.

I do appreciate you cared to go further than just calling me 14 :lol:

The end of the day, politicians have to reach people where they are. And quite often, that is now on social media.

It is a personality contest, to a point. That is why the policy wonks stay in the background.

Trump is the best case of someone who is just "in it to win it". He doesn't have any real policy or belief of his own. We have seen how he has flip flopped recently on electric cars, bitcoin, the banning of tik tok and even Bud Light. Once he speak to a billionaire who promises to donate to him, he will change his opinion.

The end of the day, politicians have to reach people where they are. And quite often, that is now on social media.

It is a personality contest, to a point. That is why the policy wonks stay in the background.

Trump is the best case of someone who is just "in it to win it". He doesn't have any real policy or belief of his own. We have seen how he has flip flopped recently on electric cars, bitcoin, the banning of tik tok and even Bud Light. Once he speak to a billionaire who promises to donate to him, he will change his opinion.

That goes for all politicians. They'd sell their soul for votes. It's just a matter of whose the devil

Think you nailed it with the Thiel part.
This shit is hilarious. Did they vet this guy at all, or were they just laser focused on that sweet, sweet Peter Thiel bag of cash that would come with his VP nod?

I think there is a serious possibility that Trump drops him. Trump may think that if Biden can drop out, then why cant he change his VP.

Trump somehow managed to find someone with even more baggage them himself.

That goes for all politicians. They'd sell their soul for votes. It's just a matter of whose the devil

No, i don't buy that.

Would Bernie, Harris, Obama etc do a complete 180 on their views, like Trump does on the daily?

No matter how much the right want to talk about George Soros, the fact is that the Democrats are not enslaved to corporate lobbyists in the same way as Republicans are.

I think there is a serious possibility that Trump drops him. Trump may think that if Biden can drop out, then why cant he change his VP.

The longer it drags on the less likely he is to replace him since early voting starts on Sep 16th.

Would piss the techscists though.

Is it illegal to change the ticket after that date?

Its simply a matter of needing both a President and VP to be on the ballot, since voters are electing both. That process takes time in terms of printing new ballots, getting them out in the mail etc.

Pete is the best messenger in politics, period.

Won't get the VP nod though.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens to Pete if he doesn't get VP. He's far too good on the national stage to simply go back to a state and be a Senator or Governor. That's why I thought SecState would be a good position for him, especially given how diplomatic he comes across as.

This is really scary stuff....

Maddow is just Fox for the left at this point. Full on through into the crazy space. She’s lost all journalistic right headedness.

As evil as he is, he’s just being Trump. He has paper thin skin and wants to be seen as a man that’s not chasing votes. He’s not revealing some nefarious plan on stage.

There are genuine concerns in some of what is said. But she presents it as some plan that simply doesn’t exist.

Not that it matters. He won’t win.

What sensationalist rubbish.

Maddow is just Fox for the left at this point. Full on through into the crazy space. She’s lost all journalistic right headedness.

As evil as he is, he’s just being Trump. He has paper thin skin and wants to be seen as a man that’s not chasing votes. He’s not revealing some nefarious plan on stage.

There are genuine concerns in some of what is said. But she presents it as some plan that simply doesn’t exist.

Not that it matters. He won’t win.

You obviously don't understand the history of the GOP employing "fake electors" in 2020.

They have already shown that these people will discard the results if it doesn't go for them.

If the GOP have put these people in place again, what makes you think they wont use the same playbook?

Also, very strange to say Maddow is. "Full on through into the crazy space. She’s lost all journalistic right headedness."

Yet two sentences later say "There are genuine concerns in some of what is said".

Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens to Pete if he doesn't get VP. He's far too good on the national stage to simply go back to a state and be a Senator or Governor. That's why I thought SecState would be a good position for him, especially given how diplomatic he comes across as.

He would be great as Sec of State, but as is Blinken.

It is a shame, but Kamala has to balance the ticket out and that means a white guy from a swing state. Shapiro was great last night....

This should sound the alarms in Trump world. Imagine it would go up more if Shapiro is selected.

Then again, this might indicate Shapiro isn't needed for PA, and she can pick somebody else.

Walz would be less problematic on the ticket when it comes to Michigan, i think.