2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

What makes you think this Supreme Court would even entertain making such a decision. Of course they would find a way to allow it.

That's essentially a tsk for the lower courts to determine what is and what isn't an offical act, this will be back at the SC at some point

I remain impressed by SCOTUS trying to turn the US's system of government into the one used by the Vatican.

I remain impressed by SCOTUS trying to turn the US's system of government into the one used by the Vatican.
Actually this decision was a non-decision, the notion that a President can't/shouldn't be prosecuted for official acts is correct, what they didn't make a decision on was, what an official act actually is, the lower courts will drfine that and of course it'll get appealed so it'll be back with the SC at some point

Last edited:
The difference is , the Democrats do control the executive this time around.
But that's not where the issue will be, state level officials certify results locally, ones that determine whether a vote is valid, he's not wrong there will be problems

Well do you think Biden and Harris would just say oh well we give up?
Of course not but there's not a whole lot they can do, these are state level officals. (elected in some cases I think) - if an official refuses to certify then it's going thru the courts and then who knows what happens

Actually this decision was a non-decision, the notion that a President can't/shouldn't be prosecuted for official acts is correct, what they didn't make a decision on was, what an official act actually is, the lower courts will drfine that and of course it'll get appealed so it'll be back with the SC at some point
Except they ruled that motive can not be considered, at all, and not only that, if something they did was "unofficial" but a lead up to it was "official", the official act can not be even part of the discussion. So for example:

1. President gives order for assassination of political leader = official act
2. That political leader happens to be his rival = well, thats motive so does not matter.
3. President charged with election interference = unofficial, but the assassination of his rival can not be mentioned.

That is the danger of the ruling, it laid out roadblocks and carve outs to make as many things as possible "official", and the insulate the President* from as many "unofficial" issues as possible.

*President must be a republican to qualify

But that's not where the issue will be, state level officials certify results locally, ones that determine whether a vote is valid, he's not wrong there will be problems

Assuming Harris wins, anything thats preventing Biden from just sending in the FBI/national guard or whatever, and arrest the traitors who won't do their jobs?

Not sure if he is the best choice for dems, considering his stance on Israel, but Josh Shapiro is one hell of a speaker i must say, reminds me of the way Obama held crowds.

These prominent democrats dealt with Epstein or know some democrats that did also, so they are all interested in brush it under a rug
You're "what about" when it comes to rape. You accept Trump is a rapist though?

Its a mistake for dems to go too hard in on Vance imo, in the off-chance Trump replaces him, they should be a bit more reserved, until the Ohio deadline has passed.

Surely he's doing it on purpose, no? I can imagine him practicing in front of the mirror.

You're "what about" when it comes to rape. You accept Trump is a rapist though?

Oh you got me wrong. Is not a "what about". Is that the dems cant say it because it would come flying as a boomerang.

I dont condone trump raping, i criticise the poor political strategy to promote it

Its a mistake for dems to go too hard in on Vance imo, in the off-chance Trump replaces him, they should be a bit more reserved, until the Ohio deadline has passed.

It’s not just the Dems. It’s the media as well, which the Dems have no control over.

The new batch of emails that just dropped on CNN right now may be enough to push Trump over the edge.

It’s not just the Dems. It’s the media as well, which the Dems have no control over.

The new batch of emails that just dropped on CNN right now may be enough to push Trump over the edge.

Doesn't help that the senate leader, Schumer himself, is clowning on Vance right now though.

Oh you got me wrong. Is not a "what about". Is that the dems cant say it because it would come flying as a boomerang.

I dont condone trump raping, i criticise the poor political strategy to promote it
Why, he's a rapist.

Don't keep us in suspense!

Is that possible? What's the rules for replacing VP candidate post convention?