2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Imagine someone competent like Buttigieg being POTUS, or nominee for that matter. I'm sure there are plenty of awesome reasons it won't happen (he's gay eew eew eeeeew), but it would be awesome. I's also quite amazing that after all the heinous shite the reps did the term "weird" is what finally seems to shake them :lol:

Weird is a way too nice word to describe Vance if you ask me.

Imagine someone competent like Buttigieg being POTUS, or nominee for that matter. I'm sure there are plenty of awesome reasons it won't happen (he's gay eew eew eeeeew), but it would be awesome. I's also quite amazing that after all the heinous shite the reps did the term "weird" is what finally seems to shake them :lol:

Weird is a way too nice word to describe Vance if you ask me.

The Dems are fighting for a very narrow sliver of independents, so anything making the other side seem strange or unseemly is probably going to help.

The Dems are fighting for a very narrow sliver of independents, so anything making the other side seem strange or unseemly is probably going to help.
I get that, but it's just weird (ha) to me that this rattles them more than when all the crimes, fraud, corruption and sheer stupidity is called out.

I get that, but it's just weird (ha) to me that this rattles them more than when all the crimes, fraud, corruption and sheer stupidity is called out.
Agreed. But, people still being on the fence at this point is nuts too.

That's true. Terms like racist, mysoginist etc., have been flagrantly overused to the point where the moral leverage of using them on Trump and his goons has largely been rendered useless. But terms like weird/odd/creepy etc., haven't really been used much, which is why they are more impactful in the present.

Even though its largely good for Kamala, i just can't take this poll seriously, Michigan being a landslide while Trump wins PA doesn't make any sense to me, not to mention that states like NC are supposedly closer to flipping for dems than PA is, yeah no.

Whilst i think Beshear is a good politician, I can only assume this uptick in his "stock" is down to trying to blunt the "progressive Kamala" attacks that are coming? I don't know what he adds to winning back the important states of PA or AZ?

Fox are 1000x worse. They are not even pretending to be neutral.

When President, Trump used to take calls from Fox news anchors like Hannity and Lou Dobbs, advising him on policy. You have Tucker Carlson speaking at this years RNC.

What are these badly sourced, untrustable stories that Maddow has spun? Please enlighten.

She deliberately chooses to take things Trump says and wrap them into her self-established narrative. It’s clear as day.

And again, you’re preaching to the converted. I know that Fox are worse. It’s not a debate. But she is doing what they do when she does this shit.

Whilst i think Beshear is a good politician, I can only assume this uptick in his "stock" is down to trying to blunt the "progressive Kamala" attacks that are coming? I don't know what he adds to winning back the important states of PA or AZ?

he's to the left of the caf on trans issues, as the governor of kentucky. no idea what he's like overall but for me that shows a spine, which many dems don't have.

VP pick very rarely flips a state on his/her own, sure, it may sound like Shapiro should be a slam dunk, but its not always that simple.
Beshear appeals to people who are in the middle, not just in Kentucky, but other states as well i'd reckon, he is a solid pick, little for the opposition to attack him on.

He does that, btw, not in a blue dog-sort of way, he is not afraid to state his positions on things, in Kentucky, of all places.

he's to the left of the caf on trans issues, as the governor of kentucky. no idea what he's like overall but for me that shows a spine, which many dems don't have.
To be fair that's not hard based on a recent reading of the trans athlete thread.

VP pick very rarely flips a state on his/her own, sure, it may sound like Shapiro should be a slam dunk, but its not always that simple.
Beshear appeals to people who are in the middle, not just in Kentucky, but other states as well i'd reckon, he is a solid pick, little for the opposition to attack him on.

He does that, btw, not in a blue dog-sort of way, he is not afraid to state his positions on things, in Kentucky, of all places.

Agree they don't flip them alone, yet with how close some of the new polls are, it would have some impact. I'd also agree he may have broader appeal, I just hope that coverts to EC wins and not running up a popular vote win.

Obviously Biden was a big problem. At least now it seems there is a chance to keep Trump out of the WH

So she could be 7% up in the popular vote and be firmly 2nd favourite in the electoral college? It doesn't sound likely but you never know I suppose.

If you look at the trends though, dems needs increasingly larger margins in the EC just to remain relevant, so its not based on nothing.

Something i didn't understand, before Biden's freefall, was that he was down a point or two nationally, but roughly tied in the rustbelt states, much like Harris is now.

So, either we are seeing a historic shift for republicans, in states like California and New York, or the state polls are just wrong.

Harris shouldn't be competitive, if the national enviroment is +1 republican, but it seems like she is.

So she could be 7% up in the popular vote and be firmly 2nd favourite in the electoral college? It doesn't sound likely but you never know I suppose.
That's probability to win the popular vote (by any margin), not the predicted PV.

That's probability to win the popular vote (by any margin), not the predicted PV.

That makes more sense. These polls are always phrased or presented weirdly it seems to me.

BTW, that’s a fair appraisal from Nate Silver given a limited amount of polls over the past week or so. I would imagine the new PA poll with Harris up by four wasn’t factored in yet. If the four point lead in PA is anywhere near accurate, then she is likely also doing better than expected in MI and WI as well.