2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you think the woman is going to be allowed to choose in this Republican fantasy world? She'll vote how her husband tells her. Hell, he might as well vote for her, too.
Half a vote for women then. And only if she has kids. If she doesnt she has -1 vote.

Half a vote for women then. And only if she has kids. If she doesnt she has -1 vote.
well now your just getting into algebra and in the MAGA future of universal school vouchers there will be very few people who can actually calculate how many votes the husband gets.

well now your just getting into algebra and in the MAGA future of universal school vouchers there will be very few people who can actually calculate how many votes the husband gets.
Don't want the American public school system teaching any of them there Arabic numbers to God's precious children.

Don't get me wrong. I understand your argument and could well be that I would be inclined on that side also, but I see the other point too. Why if I decide for my kid, his school, I decide for him, the curriculum, I decide the extra curriculars basketball over football, piano over violin. judo over karate, etc...His diet and many more, why I should not decide for him/her his/her vote for the country that I think is best
Because just because somebody convinced themselves that they deserve something doesn't force everyone else to give it to them.
1 Adult = 1 vote's objective is mostly for practical reasons not to stroke egos of adult people and if you want to seriously argue that other system would be better, you would have to argue that it leads to better outcomes in some way, but that's way more difficult.

Let him run. He'll be 82. He won't win 2028.
I'd be cautious with that. He was supposed to be finished after 2020, but never underestimate just how much worse can everything get. If Kamala wins and is unpopular, 2028 might be horribly stressful.

Why if I decide for my kid, his school, I decide for him, the curriculum, I decide the extra curriculars basketball over football, piano over violin. judo over karate, etc
I sincerely hope this isn’t the case. Kid is gonna resent the hell out of you if you do

Let him run. He'll be 82. He won't win 2028.

The entire purpose of him running is to use the Presidency to avoid jail time in his federal cases. So if he loses, there's a good chance those cases will proceed over the next four years, which is more than long enough for them to conclude.

Trump's brain is already turning to mush now, there's no way he's still around in 2028.

In terms of parents voting for kids.

It would be necessary (at an early age) to explain to kids the reason grown up people vote for them.

I was reading somewhere that the card game 'snap or 'slapjack' (which is one name for it in the US ) is the first card game many youngsters learn to play, so using the party symbols, e.g. an Elephant can be used to 'snap' another Elephant and a Donkey could 'snap', another Donkey etc.

However parents would then have to explain how if one parent held all the Donkeys and the other held all the Elephants, then no one can win the game...because neither can undertake a 'snap action'

..that might help to explain to kids how their parents might be abusing their voting rights as they have no idea what they are doing and the government now gives the opportunity to do nothing twice or three times depending on how many siblings.
:confused::annoyed::nervous::rolleyes:

It would be necessary (at an early age) to explain to kids the reason grown up people vote for them.

I was reading somewhere that the card game 'snap or 'slapjack' (which is one name for it in the US ) is the first card game many youngsters learn to play, so using the party symbols, e.g. an Elephant can be used to 'snap' another Elephant and a Donkey could 'snap', another Donkey etc.

However parents would then have to explain how if one parent held all the Donkeys and the other held all the Elephants, then no one can win the game...because neither can undertake a 'snap action'

..that might help to explain to kids how their parents might be abusing their voting rights as they have no idea what they are doing and the government now gives the opportunity to do nothing twice or three times depending on how many siblings.
What the feck are you talking about?

Trump's brain is already turning to mush now, there's no way he's still around in 2028.

If he loses in November, he will be the nominee again in 28 if alive.

The Republican voters simply can't quit him.

Sounds like a coup to me.

Once Trump got equated to Jesus and Biblical prophet etc., it didn't matter whether his brain worked or not. All that matters is whether he is alive or not.

He is just the figure head, the ideas will continue without him.
I don’t think so. His dumb ideas looked far less appealing to voters when the likes of Vivek or DeSantis repeated them. Similarly, when his VP says some of the same stuff as him, the public doesn’t seem to buy as when Trump says so.

I sincerely hope this isn’t the case. Kid is gonna resent the hell out of you if you do

Is paraphrasing. You decide what he eats everyday. Might cause obesity or not. what time they go to sleep. Every single decision. When I am talking about activities maybe is a poor example and sure they have some power decision the older they get, but some activities might be off the table because of distance because I might consider too expensive, or too dangerous or anything. The influence is big

Anyway, I deviated the conversation long enough. And many people disagree that there is a point on that and I disagree that there is no point. I am just not certain of the whole concept, thats it.

And thanks everyone to say its piece

Yeah, giving parents more voting power is just a horrible, poorly thought out idea. First, its discriminatory and inherently biased, so should be instantly disqualified as a serious suggestion just based on that. Second, it would create an awful political incentive structure that weaponizes children so it deserves be disqualified based solely on that as well. Those two by themselves are enough to make a very bad idea that shouldn't even be considered and together it should be a non-starter.

As mentioned, Vance is just doing this to troll Kamala but the proposal should be soundly criticized for as bad an idea as it is.

If the child is adopted, does the biological parent get considered or the adopted one? What if the parents are divorced and remarried - does the biological parent get the vote or the step parent? What if the children are American, but the parents are not? What if the parents are American, but the children are not? How about a 8-month pregnant mother? How about an 8-week pregnant mother? What if the child is deported a day before election day? What if the parent is? If parents get multiple votes, can they split it amongst candidates? If the children belong to different states, can the parents transfer their votes to their own home state?

Sheer idiocy from a sheer idiot, purely borne out of disdain and hatred for a female presidential candidate who chooses not to be a mother.

If the child is adopted, does the biological parent get considered or the adopted one? What if the parents are divorced and remarried - does the biological parent get the vote or the step parent? What if the children are American, but the parents are not? What if the parents are American, but the children are not? How about a 8-month pregnant mother? How about an 8-week pregnant mother? What if the child is deported a day before election day? What if the parent is? If parents get multiple votes, can they split it amongst candidates? If the children belong to different states, can the parents transfer their votes to their own home state?

Sheer idiocy from a sheer idiot, purely borne out of disdain and hatred for a female presidential candidate who chooses not to be a mother.

She is though. When she married Doug at least one, if not both, of her stepchildren were minors.