2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

So the current attack lines are: she laughs, she may or may not be hot, she doesn't have a kid, and DEI.

GOP panic stations :lol:

How long till "Commie Kamala" makes it debut in right-wing online circles?

Trump basically swapped out Joe Biden's name with Kamala, and it is quite entertaining how silly he sounds.

FdqXe-3XgAAvTj5.jpg

A few VP contenders:

Josh Shapiro - Governor of Pennsylvania

Andy Bashear - Governor of Kentucky

Pete Buttigieg - Secretary of Transportation

Tim Walz - Governor of Minnesota

Roy Cooper - Governor of North Carolina

Mark Kelly - Senator from Arizona

[/SPO

Tim Walz seems the most trustworthy

Tim Walz seems the most trustworthy
his recent stint as governor means he has easily the most progressive record:
The 93rd Minnesota Legislature, in session from January to May 2023, was the first legislature to be fully DFL-controlled since the 88th Minnesota Legislature in 2013-15. It passed several major reforms to Minnesota law, including requiring paid leave, banning noncompete agreements, cannabis legalization, increased spending on infrastructure and environmental issues, tax modifications, codifying abortion rights, universal free school meals, and universal gun background checks.

Plus, his response to the uncommitted vote against Biden wasn't to call them equal to KKK, but to say they had a point.

but he looks very old. and there was also this:
he vetoed a bill intended to increase pay for rideshare drivers, his first veto as governor, saying that it did not strike the right balance.

Gosh whenever I login to Twitter, aside from the stuff I’d usually expect I keep getting US RW propaganda mocking Harris. I have to keep putting them on ignore / mute. It’s not even funny but mostly sick vile content that the algorithm is somehow promoting.

I just watched Ron Klain on MSNBC. He sounds tired and old. Amazing what being in the White House does to you (and I know that he left some time ago).

That has to be the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard.
Or brilliant, if you are also pushing abolished abortion, limited access to birth control, and the importance of the large traditional family to a population that’s afraid that it’s being outnumbered by liberal youth and immigrants.

That has to be the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard.

He only says that because it would benefit republicans and a dig to Kamala. If it would benefit democrats he would say nothing. You might agree or not, But I don't think is a stupid idea. In the end when you vote is for the future of your kids also. The Electoral College and life time SCOTUS is up there in stupidity and they are real

He only says that because it would benefit republicans and a dig to Kamala. If it would benefit democrats he would say nothing. You might agree or not, But I don't think is a stupid idea. In the end when you vote is for the future of your kids also. The Electoral College and life time SCOTUS is up there in stupidity and they are real

In the end I vote for me and my life. What a joke. :lol:

Or brilliant, if you are also pushing abolished abortion, limited access to birth control, and the importance of the large traditional family to a population that’s afraid that it’s being outnumbered by liberal youth and immigrants.
Oh I know. As a political tool, even here the right wing ruling party instilled fears about minorities having more children and Hindus needing to ensure they don’t one day become a minority. But I meant purely on a logical level (which many fantasies don’t bother with).

No it’s a stupid and uncivilised idea. Children aren’t of a sound and developed enough mind to vote and their parents have no right to vote on their behalf. Your one vote for “the future of your kids” is enough. The children can vote when it’s their time not before. Imagine growing up to find out your “old school” father voted on your behalf for an autocratic megalomaniac to sink the countries future. That any vote (and this would really be a child vote) to be decided not be the voter goes entirely against the fabric of a democracy.

So the current attack lines are: she laughs, she may or may not be hot, she doesn't have a kid, and DEI.

GOP panic stations :lol:

How long till "Commie Kamala" makes it debut in right-wing online circles?

Is this actually seen as a bad thing in political circles? The current 18-30 generation, certainly in the western countries, are probably the most unsure about if they actually want children or not than any other generation from before (Anecdotally, based on what I see online and people I know). Certainly loads of people don't have kids by the age their parents had them. I can't see who would actually view this as a negative thing besides the same smooth brains who would be maga types anyway.

No it’s a stupid and uncivilised idea. Children aren’t of a sound and developed enough mind to vote and their parents have no right to vote on their behalf. Your one vote for “the future of your kids” is enough. The children can vote when it’s their time not before. Imagine growing up to find out your “old school” father voted on your behalf for an autocratic megalomaniac to sink the countries future. That any vote (and this would really be a child vote) to be decided not be the voter goes entirely against the fabric of a democracy.

No is not. Is your opinion. If we should blame our father for voting each 4 years, imagine what you could blame for the day by day decisions that they do for you constantly. Day care, school, books, TV shows and a big fecking etcetera. But sure, an autocratic vote each 4 years is what you can through at their faces. See it how you like but parents are the influence for the future of their kids every single day and denying that it is what is really stupid

I am not saying that I would agree on this, I would need to give it a better thought, but saying stupid that parents have a saying on the future of their kids is amusing. And again, the fabric of democracy is attack in many other voting skewing and unelected powers

No is not. Is your opinion. If we should blame our father for voting each 4 years, imagine what you could blame for the day by day decisions that they do for you constantly. Day care, school, books, TV shows and a big fecking etcetera. But sure, an autocratic vote each 4 years is what you can through at their faces. See it how you like but parents are the influence for the future of their kids every single day and denying that it is what is really stupid

I am not saying that I would agree on this, I would need to give it a better thought, but saying stupid that parents have a saying on the future of their kids is amusing. And again, the fabric of democracy is attack in many other voting skewing and unelected powers
I dont think its stupid that parents have a saying on the future of their kids, its just stupid that parents should, what, vote 2 times, one time themselves and 1 time for each of their kids. So who has more kids should have more voting rights?

I dont think its stupid that parents have a saying on the future of their kids, its just stupid that parents should, what, vote 2 times, one time themselves and 1 time for their kids. So who has more kids should have more voting rights?

that is precisely the discussion. Not convinced Maybe parents vs no parents. Policies are focused on the future of the country so I don't see why is stupid that who has more invested in the future shouldn't have more saying

At the same time, I believe that voting should be a right that should be earned. So yes, I like to think of alternatives because definitely, I don't think the current models works. Major "democratic" countries tends to be organized in bipartidism with some hiccups here and there

that is precisely the discussion. Not convinced Maybe parents vs no parents. Policies are focused on the future of the country so I don't see why is stupid that who has more invested in the future shouldn't have more saying

At the same time, I believe that voting should be a right that should be earned. So yes, I like to think of alternatives because definitely, I don't think the current models works. Major "democratic" countries tends to be organized in bipartidism with some hiccups here and there
That's a definiton of a discrimination right there.

You vote for the future of your fellow citizens.

You vote for the future of your fellow citizens.

So many voters have more power than others in UK, in US, in Spain, etc... I don't see why the current should be better than others. And also, are this systems that unfair? don't some of them protecting the rights of undeveloped regions to have more saying to be able to develop? But might be overprotection?

No system is equal, fair and sometimes works better than others. Everything can be discussed, but qualifying in of stupid... Vance doesn't put it out there in good faith, but there is some reasoning to it behind that is not untrue

which, or both?
People with kids should have more than 1 voting right.

Only reasoning why Vance is putting it out is to have a sly dig at Harris. As if people with kids are more special than the people who have no kids. Also Harris is a stepmother but that doesnt stop Vance from his disguisting attacks.