2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Trump is very funny and his idiotic ramblings are often memorable.
How the feck is Trump funny? I get that humor is subjective, but he's just a bully cnut.

His ramblings are funny in a, haha a very old man with the mind of a toddler way, I suppose.

Which is why i don't see who takes over the MAGA-movement when he is gone.

Vance, in the case Trump wins in November? He is boring, and Trump's children don't have his father's weird charisma either.

Yeah, I’m still not sure what your point is here, you seem to be arguing with a basic fact of life.
I think we’re all in agreement that he shouldn’t have been running for Office this time.

The point is that the 'shock' in the decline is situational, based on the fact that the man was running for president while trying to gaslight everyone into thinking he was as sharp as he had been before.

Nobody would comment otherwise.

Its too early to tell given there are only a couple of national polls available. And even those, I wouldn't trust more until after she names a running mate and the Dems hold their convention. By then she should more clearly defined to the public as a Presidential candidate and the Republicans would've also had plenty of time to slander her to bring her numbers down.
Getting ahead at this point is a good thing no matter what comes next. Dems candidates also should always start at this point by default.

I could see Harris eventually get within touching distance of winning according to the polls, then Trump does a deal with RFK and it's game over.
I think that RFK's voters are mostly 'couch' voters, people who do not like either party and will either stay at home or just do some protest vote. RFK's endorsement won't push those voters to Trump.

Amazing how the lifecycle of an assassination attempt is 1 week before another big news item drops it to almost irrelevance.
Trump didn’t make enough “use” of the assassination attempt on his life, at least for now.

JD Vance is not a good choice.

Besides, the GOP Convention was way too early in my view.

Biden dropping out and Harris' energy over the past couple of days has completely wiped out any sympathy sentiment for Trump and the RNC convention. They are basically back at square one and will soon be doubling down on doing whatever they can to raise her disapproval numbers.
So Biden and Dem elites played a blinder? Maybe if they can win this!

All decent choices, thought Beshear would be on the shortlist too, but agree on Shapiro being probably the best pick.

He's not IMO. It's the wrong year to pick a Jewish VP which would put the Gaza-Israel situation right in the cross hairs. Shapiro comes out against Israel as a Jewish VP and the AIPAC crowd would come hard against him and if he doesn't come out against Israel then it's a big risk of losing pro-Palestine Gen Z voters that won't. E motivated to turn out. It's smarter strategically to pick someone like Kelly or Cooper where the issue won't be as flammable or highlighted.

Black woman and gay ticket. Difficult to beat

Policies and articulate is just a bonus in this popularity contest
A mixed race black & Indian childless woman...it's better.

All politics is identity politics. Policies are for nerds.

He's not IMO. It's the wrong year to pick a Jewish VP which would put the Gaza-Israel situation right in the cross hairs. Shapiro comes out against Israel as a Jewish VP and the AIPAC crowd would come hard against him and if he doesn't come out against Israel then it's a big risk of losing pro-Palestine Gen Z voters that won't. E motivated to turn out. It's smarter strategically to pick someone like Kelly or Cooper where the issue won't be as flammable or highlighted.
Yes. I like Shapiro, but others would be better fits. We need to make sure that the war in Gaza less of an issue, because the reality is that it is.

Shapiro has compared campus protestors to the KKK and signed a bill that criminalises universities that divest from Israel. He isn't going to "come out against Israel" any more than Biden.

Well, 270towin had republicans winning by around 30 delegates last week, and now they are losing by around 50. Which proves one or both of the following statements are true:

1. There's been a significant turn in electoral momentum.
2. Polls are wank.

But Shapiro is very popular in Penn, which I think was polling even worse than Wisconsin and Michigan. He probably brings Penn to Harris, and thus she can spend more resources in the other two.

Well, 270towin had republicans winning by around 30 delegates last week, and now they are losing by around 50. Which proves one or both of the following statements are true:

1. There's been a significant turn in electoral momentum.
2. Polls are wank.
Maybe goes to show that people were and are concerned about really old, decrepit dudes being President.

GTMaZnTWMAEDdXl

Shapiro has compared campus protestors to the KKK and signed a bill that criminalises universities that divest from Israel. He isn't going to "come out against Israel" any more than Biden.

You're not likely to see much variance on Israel policy among credible VP contenders.

If he can bring her Pennsylvania, I think that outweighs the potential Israel issue. But Kelly could be interesting too, as kind of the bad cop in the whole border discussion where he’s been one of the more outspoken Democrats.

How the feck is Trump funny? I get that humor is subjective, but he's just a bully cnut.

His ramblings are funny in a, haha a very old man with the mind of a toddler way, I suppose.

For me Trump is funny from a maniac point of view of how a piece of shit like him can have that much support and say "see this moron and how people lap it up!! Hahaha". Then i think of rhe consequences and stops being funny

He would be funny in a 'laughing at, rather than with way', except for the fact he has 40m people taking him very, very seriously. It'd be like laughing at your village idiot, except he's driving the bus you're on, which is travelling a route along the edge of a cliff.

People think Trump is charismatic? Does charisma have a different, second meaning I'm not aware of?

Trumps entertaining, intentionally or not. And he gets people talking. Gets people involved in politics and makes many passionate about it.