2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

No mini-convention? It's hard to keep up with this confused bunch

That would be preferable but there's zero indication something like this would happen. And even if it did, there is still the funding issue where only Harris can use money previously donated to Biden/Harris.

Well the bodysnatchers have clearly replaced John Bolton.
He is an old neocon and has been consistent in his belligerent opinions over the years. The irony that liberals now welcome him with open arms is a perfect snapshot of their baffling transformation.

He is an old neocon and has been consistent in his belligerent opinions over the years. The irony that liberals now welcome him with open arms is a perfect snapshot of their baffling transformation.

Its more likely that he fell out with Trump, which is why he is PNG'd among Republicans. He is of course more conservative than any of them.

Its more likely that he fell out with Trump, which is why he is PNG'd among Republicans. He is of course more conservative than any of them.

Probably. Trump is not an ideologue and JD seems like an elitist globalist who can speak redneck fluently.

Probably. Trump is not an ideologue and JD seems like an elitist globalist who can speak redneck fluently.

That was in reference to Bolton not Vance.

I still fundamentally view Vance as anti Trump who is feigning MAGA to advance his political career. Same with the likes of Vivek, Rubio, Lyin' Ted Cruz, Nancy Mace, and most former Trump critics who have now jumped on board.

I still fundamentally view Vance as anti Trump who is feigning MAGA to advance his political career. Same with the likes of Vivek, Rubio, Lyin' Ted Cruz, Nancy Mace, and most former Trump critics who have now jumped on board.

I see Vance as Trump's assassination insurance.

Most important consideration in Trump's VP pick must have been someone with more brash and radical "rhetoric" different than the standard GOPe (until 2016) , so anyone who wouldn't want Trump in charge would think twice about eliminating him. That's why I was near certain it'll be either him or Vivek. Not some neo-con like Nikki Haley or Rubio.

I see Vance as Trump's assassination insurance.

Most important consideration in Trump's VP pick must have been someone with more brash and radical "rhetoric" different than the standard GOPe (until 2016) , so anyone who wouldn't want Trump in charge would think twice about eliminating him. That's why I was near certain it'll be either him or Vivek. Not some neo-con like Nikki Haley or Rubio.

Except that Vance has been all over the map with his policies in recent years. He was anti-Trump few much of Trump's term in office, so I would question whether he actually believe in some some of the policies he spouts these days.

I read you correctly. Bolton is more conservative than Trump or Vance

And to your second point, MAGA is just a slogan that not even trump believes. They’re all saying what gets them elected.

DJT will drain the swamp with Jared and Ivanka running state or the Middle East pffft

With Obama questioning his viability Biden looks done.

'Who then?' is the billion dollar question.

Kamala & Pete? Black, brown, woman, White, gay, coast, mid-west...could be a decent shot.

Last edited:
Those numbers are definitely skewy, there's another one for generic "younger Republican" and they get in the 60s which is never happening.

Kamala & Pete? Black, brown, woman, White, gay, coast, mid-west...could be a decent shot.

Yeah, there is no coming back now. Kamala to change her adress to something not Californian, and Newsom as VP? Kamala and Shapiro? Whatever it will be, it has to be settled quickly.

Yeah, there is no coming back now. Kamala to change her adress to something not Californian, and Newsom as VP? Kamala and Shapiro? Whatever it will be, it has to be settled quickly.
Shapiro, I think. Newsom adds nothing as a VP, especially next to Harris.

Shapiro, I think. Newsom adds nothing as a VP, especially next to Harris.

Shapiro or Pritzker would probably be the most logical choice for VP. It would have been interesting to see Newsom as the candidate, but I can't imagine they snub Kamala now.

These combinations won't matter since there's barely any time for voters to get to know a new ticket before voting. At this point its all about beating Trump just as it was in 20.

Shapiro or Pritzker would probably be the most logical choice for VP. It would have been interesting to see Newsom as the candidate, but I can't imagine they snub Kamala now.
I would have liked to see Whitmer as the candidate but yeah, they’re gonna go with Harris and it’s probably the most sensible route at this point.

Most of the clips here are several years old when Biden was “sharp as a tack”. Democrats you’re lying slimy cnuts for trying to hide and gaslight the whole world

It's when not if now isn't it.

I think they want to announce after the convention finishes to avoid giving Trump a free swing. Not sure he can last that long.

It's when not if now isn't it.

I think they want to announce after the convention finishes to avoid giving Trump a free swing. Not sure he can last that long.

That would make sense although Biden has COVID at the moment and isn't likely to make a decision until he's well again.

I would have liked to see Whitmer as the candidate but yeah, they’re gonna go with Harris and it’s probably the most sensible route at this point.
It really isn’t if they want to actually stop Trump from getting in. Harris chances are on par with Biden’s.

It really isn’t if they want to actually stop Trump from getting in. Harris chances are on par with Biden’s.

Certainly better chances than Biden, she can speak and campaign.

Best case, imo, would be for Biden to resign and Harris complete the term, quoting that her job requires her full attention, and so, not being in the primaries, and then the DNC can pick another candidate.

I don’t think we can conclude that. You can’t put too much emphasis on hypothetical match-ups and even in those, she’s outperforming Biden by a decent margin now. But yes, Whitmer would probably have a better chance but there’s also a potential downside to risking an internal war within the party rather than uniting behind the obvious choice. And Harris might just be enough, just.

I don’t think we can conclude that. You can’t put too much emphasis on hypothetical match-ups and even in those, she’s outperforming Biden by a decent margin now. But yes, Whitmer would probably have a better chance but there’s also a potential downside to risking an internal war within the party rather than uniting behind the obvious choice. And Harris might just be enough, just.
I don’t want anyone from this administration to replace Biden, definitely not Harris. She is not popular at all.

Get someone fresh from the outside, like Whitmer.

Which is also likely the reason why Biden did not stick to his plan of being a transitional candidate, and why Newsom has been playing the role of a shadow candidate for the past two years.