2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Really does feel like a matter of time before they pull the plug.

At which point without life support keeping him animated they will have no option but to replace him as the presidential candidate.

With Pelosi, Schiff and possibly Schumer all involved now, you would assume an experienced politician like Biden can see where this is heading.

I saw this woman deliver a Sikh prayer at the RNC. As a fellow Sikh, I'm surprised to see her advocate for Trump and his minions. A lot of the comments I've seen on social media have been from Republicans denouncing the prayer and saying she doesn't believe in the one true God. It's clear the Republicans are just a racist outfit using these people for their own means yet they flock to Trump anyway.

With Pelosi, Schiff and possibly Schumer all involved now, you would assume an experienced politician like Biden can see where this is heading.

Definitely. I'm having a tough time seeing him standing his ground if all the big poobahs are trying to persuade him, just need Obama too if he's already not at it.

I just don’t see how he can run with three of the most high profile Democrat politicians publicly calling for him to step down. It really feels like a matter of time now and I wonder if “covid” is a good cover for a week or two of behind the scenes discussions on the succession plan.

I just don’t see how he can run with three of the most high profile Democrat politicians publicly calling for him to step down. It really feels like a matter of time now and I wonder if “covid” is a good cover for a week or two of behind the scenes discussions on the succession plan.
A week or two is too much time to waste.

A week or two is too much time to waste.
Depends what is happening in that week or two.

It’s a presidential candidacy, you need to stage manage his exit. He’s still President after all, if he’s not fit to run in November then why should he stay on as President until January?

Would they have a better chance in November with an incumbent? In which case Harris is the only one who can have that advantage, do they give her 4 months to prove she is presidential or do they go straight to a primary and let however many candidates hit chunks off each other while Trump does his tour of all the states with Republicans united behind him?

It’s a presidential candidacy, you need to stage manage his exit. He’s still President after all, if he’s not fit to run in November then why should he stay on as President until January?

Would they have a better chance in November with an incumbent? In which case Harris is the only one who can have that advantage, do they give her 4 months to prove she is presidential or do they go straight to a primary and let however many candidates hit chunks off each other while Trump does his tour of all the states with Republicans united behind him?
I have to assume they've prepared both, in detail.

As he's sick probably won't get updates for another few days, so let's hope the wheels are in motion. I'd love to see Harris out attacking the Maga agenda in the meantime.

I think it would help Harris' chances, given her public profile isn't the highest, to be seen being President. Might give her a slight incumbency bump. But I think that could be perceived as a further indignity that Biden and his family wouldn't want to endure, to be the 2nd President in history to resign (considering that Nixon resigned in disgrace).

He doesn't need to resign, just say that another 4 years wouldn't work so is regretfully declining the nomination. Then have Harris take on a more prominent role (I'm assuming the replacement would have to be her at this stage).

Could Harris win if appointed as a candidate instead of Biden?
Dunno, need to factor in the ready made mass media assault from the GOP machine, on her or whoever take Biden's place if he were to drop out.

Dunno, need to factor in the ready made mass media assault from the GOP machine, on her or whoever take Biden's place if he were to drop out.
I think the crucial factor is just that, as of today, Harris will do better than Biden. If it's enough remains to be seen.

I think it would help Harris' chances, given her public profile isn't the highest, to be seen being President. Might give her a slight incumbency bump. But I think that could be perceived as a further indignity that Biden and his family wouldn't want to endure, to be the 2nd President in history to resign (considering that Nixon resigned in disgrace).
Yeah, the story will be that his ability to govern has not diminished (as his record shows) but that it’s about his electability, or at least his electability as perceived by the party. He would never resign, and he wouldn’t need to.

I saw this woman deliver a Sikh prayer at the RNC. As a fellow Sikh, I'm surprised to see her advocate for Trump and his minions. A lot of the comments I've seen on social media have been from Republicans denouncing the prayer and saying she doesn't believe in the one true God. It's clear the Republicans are just a racist outfit using these people for their own means yet they flock to Trump anyway.

These things aren't done for no reason. The new Republican approach is to target various subsections of society to broaden the Trump coalition.

Biden should come out and say “this is madness, America should never have a President in their 80s it’s just not right” and then they should appoint someone in their 40s or 50s and spend the rest of the campaign attacking how old and senile Trump is.

These things aren't done for no reason. The new Republican approach is to target various subsections of society to broaden the Trump coalition.

That may be the case but the reaction on social media from Republicans has been of racism and that she is deviating from the one true god (Jesus). I also question why she performs a Sikh prayer which is a religion of peace to some of the most dangerous right wing nutters going.

It's a mutually beneficial scenario, religious people are conservative, conservatives want to gain more voters. They don't need to actually get on to come out better off.

That may be the case but the reaction on social media from Republicans has been of racism and that she is deviating from the one true god (Jesus). I also question why she performs a Sikh prayer which is a religion of peace to some of the most dangerous right wing nutters going.

That's obviously an ongoing problem in the R party. A large swath of them still believe they are a white Christian party. The new generation that feature the likes of Vivek, Haley, Tim Scott, and a few others, still seem to be outliers.

Yeah, Trump doesn't care one iota for any workers. That line just stands out on his policy document because it's the only line that has broader appeal outside the MAGA cultists and religious fundamentalist extremists.

I agree. It does appeal. But scratch below the surface and you find, like all GOP policy, that it helps big business more than the worker.

Pretty much.

Kamala will be so pissed. This is party apparatus trying to remove him before convention so they can slip in Newsom or someone else. She wants him to hang on until after the convention, and then will 25th Amendment him, and slip into his spot, and get Buttigeig as her VP.
Cause after the convention she's the only person who can easily replace him, and keep all the campaign stash.

Pretty much.

Kamala will be so pissed. This is party apparatus trying to remove him before convention so they can slip in Newsom or someone else. She wants him to hang on until after the convention, and then will 25th Amendment him, and slip into his spot, and get Buttigeig as her VP.
Cause after the convention she's the only person who can easily replace him, and keep all the campaign stash.

This doesn't make sense. Its repeatedly been made clear that she is the presumptive successor if he drops out.

Pretty much.

You really do just live on Brietbart don’t you? Absolutely cuckoo

Some saying he said "a black man". And the context is of him appointing a black secretary of defense as an accomplishment, I think?

I think he legit couldn't remember his name. Either way, it was embarrassingly incoherent and will only serve as the latest data point of his astonishing decline.