2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

only one guy is up to the job
udlnyr239pt11.jpg
:lol: In all seriousness though, i think even Biden realises now how deep of a hole he is in. We will see things move very quickly in the next 1-2 weeks.

Like the quote that's going to get the most airing is this one:

That's not a ringing endorsement, but dig further and his reasoning would be more persuasive in a more rational world:

and

Problem is America is increasingly irrational. In all honesty I think Bernie might be overestimating the American people.

^^^That's not quite what I meant. Like, it would be more rational to focus on policy, but if its proponent can't communicate it and may be unable to see it through of what use is the program?
thanks!!
Thanks for the quotes. Yep it’s a very strange answer. The bit about Biden at least wanting to feed kids in Palestinian isn’t really true and ignores all the funding all bombs to Israel. The Republicans are worse line at the end is also terrible.

Pretty weak stuff from Bernie imo.

my read from that is he basically doesn't have an answer, and, because of his usually very straightforward pitch when selling his own platform, couldn't do any good spin for biden on the spot.

“Nice country you guys have got here; be a shame if anything were to happen to it…”

It is always what you want in life. Do you want to be the nice guy geopolitically or pragmatically mean business? Is clear what Trump wants, but i understand, but not agree the rational behind.

Also, right now, the policy towards China-Taiwan is a bit ambiguous and vague besides some PR sentences. If there would be a contract US -Taiwan would be the best deterrance for Taiwan against China. Even if it is for the wrong reasons, it would work great for Taiwan. And surely they would not need to spend as much money militarily speaking as they do now

More than that, having seen how much support Biden/dems have lost in big states like New York, means flipping the house unlikely.

The house is at least fair in theory, unlike the senate and EC.

thanks!!

my read from that is he basically doesn't have an answer, and, because of his usually very straightforward pitch when selling his own platform, couldn't do any good spin for biden on the spot.
Cheers. Tbh maybe I’m just too negative but I still don’t really believe Bernie gets how bad things in Gaza are. Him still calling it a war is extremely missing what is happening on the ground.

And white, not brown, or black, or whatever.

And the typical stereotype of bullied kid that kills schoolmates, in this instance the POTUS to be, and the reason why the guns should be banned

Biden dropped out of the race is good for him.

If the person replacing him wins, he will be seen as the responsible who gave up on a potential second term as president for the good of the country.

If his replacement loses, there will be those who argue that Biden would’ve won.

Nancy Mace came off as extremely weak in her speaking segment. And her schtick about being a high school dropout turned Citadel graduate doesn't explain how her father, a general officer, a Citadel grad, and by 1998 the school's commandant, certainly pulled strings for her.

Then it was another bootlicker in Ronny Jackson, the former WH physician that once gave Trump a glowing fitness report.

And finally, the Grinch Matt Gaetz, yawn.

Nancy Mace came off as extremely weak in her speaking segment. And her schtick about being a high school dropout turned Citadel graduate doesn't explain how her father, a general officer, a Citadel grad, and by 1998 the school's commandant, certainly pulled strings for her.

Then it was another bootlicker in Ronny Jackson, the former WH physician that once gave Trump a glowing fitness report.

And finally, the Grinch Matt Gaetz, yawn.

Mace is a self aggrandizing clout chaser. She apparently instructed her staff to get her in front of the media as often as possible .

Washington Post:
Jeffries and Schumer privately warned Biden he could imperil Democrats

A Thursday night prime time address from the Oval Office to announce that he’s dropping would be a great timing :) Let everyone talk about that, not Trump’s acceptance speech.

Hearing that some attendees at the RNC are wearing bandages on their ears in sympathy with Trump.
‘Je suis Trump’ t shirts just don’t cut it I suppose. Or in maga parlance; jay swee Trump.

Feels like his days are counted.
Yeah, every time you think it’s blown over, it seems to escalate to new heights. If it’s true about Pelosi, Schumer and Jeffries, I can’t see how he recovers. If he had any chance left post-debate, it’s surely been ruined by what’s been going on since.

Last edited: