2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I cannot believe this is allowed to continue and he hasn’t been forced out yet, Biden should drop put before it’s absolutely too late. When 80% of voters think you’re too senile there’s no coming back from that even with such a poor opposition.

But I don't! Who is he voting for?How does he know the details of their penises? Why is it relevant in an election?

So many questions.

Well sure you do, it's universally accepted in America that the creation of foreskin is God's greatest and only mistake.

Also I know we live in a world where the only type of verification needed now for a blue-tick is a credit card number, but I'm hoping the fact this is satire isn't lost on you.

Well sure you do, it's universally accepted in America that the creation of foreskin is God's greatest and only mistake.

Also I know we live in a world where the only type of verification needed now for a blue-tick is a credit card number, but I'm hoping the fact this is satire isn't lost on you.
It was absolutely lost on me because I have no idea who he is supposed to be and "batshit insane" has seemingly become the norm in politics.

I took a look at the twitter account now and in context of other tweets, yeah, obviously a joke. But on its own... let's just say that Onion headlines are getting more and more difficult to distinguish from real ones nowadays.

I cannot believe this is allowed to continue and he hasn’t been forced out yet, Biden should drop put before it’s absolutely too late. When 80% of voters think you’re too senile there’s no coming back from that even with such a poor opposition.
Because if Biden drops out, Trump wins big. The only chance the Dems have is with Biden. Most of us didn't want him in 2016, but he was probably the only guy that could have beat Trump then as well.

Because if Biden drops out, Trump wins big. The only chance the Dems have is with Biden. Most of us didn't want him in 2016, but he was probably the only guy that could have beat Trump then as well.
America is a reality show country. Put another candidate instead of biden and flood the news/social media with stuff about them and they have a chance.

Doesn't basically every poll say the opposite of this, in addition to common sense?

its already too late
The chance to sack him was just after the debate now it seems like the choice has been made already.

I don't believe any poll shows that. I mean, millions of registered Dems voted for Biden in the primaries. They go away from the will of their voters and it would be total chaos.
Nobody was seriously running against him, as a sitting president. If you go by primaries then every single presidential candidate was the "right one", from either party and regardless of the results of the election.

Why didn't the Dems present Kamala Harris as a major political force? Or is her lack of cachet self inflicted? She seems to be the antithesis of Trump/the GOP (and Biden in ways). Strong proponent of abortion and women's rights, hugely successful career in law, isn't an old white boi. Can she not sell a vision or something?

Why didn't the Dems present Kamala Harris as a major political force? Or is her lack of cachet self inflicted? She seems to be the antithesis of Trump/the GOP (and Biden in ways). Strong proponent of abortion and women's rights, hugely successful career in law, isn't an old white boi. Can she not sell a vision or something?
I thought when Tulsi exposed Harris as a hypocritical fraud in the debates that her political career was done. I was shocked when Biden selected her as VP. I don't think she has the support of the progressive side of the democratic party.

I thought when Tulsi exposed Harris as a hypocritical fraud in the debates that her political career was done. I was shocked when Biden selected her as VP. I don't think she has the support of the progressive side of the democratic party.

Well, it is what it is, dems should have put way more pressure to get Biden to step aside, but they didn't, and now that push is over.

The best for dems now would to be to talk as little as possible about Biden, and go on a negative campaign against republicans and hope it works out, they can point fingers in November, not now.

My point is, the time to replace Biden was in the primaries not now.

The Dems did the opposite. They actually attempted to shut down challengers during the primaries. Dean Phillips was the only one who managed to run, and that was largely a political stunt to convince others it was possible to challenge Biden.

The irony being that it was Harris who was relatively normal, while Tulsi wound up a clout chasing, MAGA grifting fraud.

Yeah, I wonder what they promised to folks like Newsome to not run.

I don't think they promised him anything. The hierarchy of the party is simply set up to only allow the next person in line to be the annointed one. The Dems need to destroy that before 2028.

I don't believe any poll shows that. I mean, millions of registered Dems voted for Biden in the primaries. They go away from the will of their voters and it would be total chaos.

There were no competitive primaries and polls of Democrats show that a majority (of every demographic) would prefer a different name on the ticket.

Yeah, I wonder what they promised to folks like Newsome to not run.
Nothing. Challenging a setting president from your own party is never a good idea. They made the right choice by not running against Biden.

But, things have changed. Even I, a democrat with no connection to the DNC, thought that running against him wouldn’t be wise. By I now accept it more.

This is probably a poll that wanted a specific outcome, but its results suggest what is pretty clear:

Alternative Democratic candidates run ahead of President Biden by an average of three points across the battleground states. Nearly every tested Democrat performs better than the President. This includes Vice President Harris who runs better than the President (but behind the average alternative).

Some of the gains are coming from winning undecideds and those previously supporting a third party. However, alternative candidates are also pulling votes from Donald Trump. All candidates continue to hold the Democratic base.

Voters are looking for a fresh face. Those more closely tied to the current administration perform relatively worse than other tested candidates.

An average of almost 3% of Trump voters in a Trump/Biden matchup switch to voting Democrat when an alternative candidate leads the ticket. Just 1% of Biden voters defect to Trump when presented with an alternative Democratic candidate.

Young voters, Independents and those who haven’t voted since at least 2020 are most likely to increase support for the Democrat with an alternative candidate.

15k(!) voters in 7 swing states, each given arguments for Biden/alternatives/Trump, and asked to choose. They said this is to reduce undecideds, but it can probably be used to press towards an outcome. They also said the best performing candidates were Whitmer, Shapiro (Penn governor), Wes Moore (Maryland governor), Mark Kelly (Arizona senator). But everybody - everybody - does better than Biden, including Harris.

Like, the enthusiasm gap between the parties could not be more stark:

Why is Biden so stubborn? Step aside man, you're 200 years old and large segments of your party want you out.

Like, the enthusiasm gap between the parties could not be more stark:

Every single tweet posting these basic facts is swamped with replies like this. And these are mild, because there's no personal attacks (russian agent, disinformation, sabotage,, trump supporter, anti-black racist) against the person posting the tweet.

kA31ySz.png

M7FmhGu.png

Both blue check and normal. A genuine personality cult for a man who doesn't know what he is saying. Amazing to watch.

Why is Biden so stubborn? Step aside man, you're 200 years old and large segments of your party want you out.

Biden’s entire career mythology is built around him being counted out, then coming back to win.

He ran for President twice and lost then ran again and won. He was badly trailing Bernie Sanders in early 2020 before roaring back to win South Carolina and go on to the nomination. He was considered quite old in 2020 as well, but then wound up getting the most popular votes ever.

So you can see why he irrationally thinks he can do it yet again, and as such, isn’t likely to step aside unless he’s absolutely forced to.

So you can see why he irrationally thinks he can do it yet again
Is it irrational though? Democrats spent years praising him and building him up when any neutral could see he was past it. His belief is based on this. You can't spend 4 years saying "you're the one" and then say he's not being rational when he believes he's the one.

Is it irrational though? Democrats spent years praising him and building him up when any neutral could see he was past it. His belief is based on this. You can't spend 4 years saying "you're the one" and then say he's not being rational when he believes he's the one.

This time he is being rather irrational, which is backed up by most of the polling. At some point, his luck is destined to run out.

Every single tweet posting these basic facts is swamped with replies like this. And these are mild, because there's no personal attacks (russian agent, disinformation, sabotage,, trump supporter, anti-black racist) against the person posting the tweet.

kA31ySz.png

M7FmhGu.png

Both blue check and normal. A genuine personality cult for a man who doesn't know what he is saying. Amazing to watch.

Yeah. It's a bit disconcerting. Here's another poll that dropped about 15 minutes ago:

Here's the link to the actual poll. None of it is remotely good: https://apnorc.org/projects/most-say-biden-should-withdraw-from-the-presidential-race/

z48aChT.jpeg

OoeHY5t.jpeg

How much if this has to do with Dems not being in a cult?

Dems are a broader church than Republicans, so the range of views which want to be represented is probably more disparate. That means it's harder to unite them all behind a single leader. Each faction obviously would rather have their guy. The thing is that rather than just passively preferring a different candidate a majority now seem to actively want Biden to step aside.

Some context here. That $2 wage you quoted only applies to the handful of red states without a state minimum wage amd those state's employers still need to comply with federal minimum including tips. It really comes down to the state (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/state/minimum-wage/tipped). Definitely in those handful of red states the laws suck for tipped workers but in other states like a NY or California, people can make a much better living with tips than you'd get at a retail or low end job. It's hard to just look at a national average because it will vary so much by state. Really the min wage laws need to be reformed for those red states to not let them get away with underpaying tipped workers before tips.

The SS is an interesting point though. While I am pretty sure the difference between unreported tips being invested (even at less than 100%) will always be better long term any difference in SS benefits from reporting the increased wage, it's also true that less than 50% will be investing that extra money, at least among younger tipped workers. I'm not sure that point will convince the types of people I worked with. I'm pretty sure most would still prefer tips not be taxed.

And now there is a huge range of people included among tipped workers too, from young people working through college to less educated/skilled workers in the best earning job they can find to people working part time while they pursue other jobs/interests to retired people driving Uber for a little spare income.

You think Trump is out there trying to help baristas in California and New York? No. He doesn't want to increase minimum wages in places like Florida, where it is $3.02. Im sure his buddys and donors, like Sheldon Adelson, all agree.

Every person is different, but i think those on the lower end of the scale are living month to month and wont be able to save for the future, so it is important to show proper earnings for SS. You are probably right in saying that in the long term, they are better off from the tax savings, but can you trust people to have saved that money? If they haven't, they will be on their arse come retirement age.