2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Just when you thought it was over, it feels like pressure is building again.

Another corporate CEO who doesn't believe that Trump is a fascist existential threat and will end US democracy. Deregulation is his priority.

with her and bernie refusing to say anything real, the cowardice and just sheer lack of political instincts of these "progressives" should be studied in a museum.
Another progressive.
“He's been the best president of my lifetime, and we have his back,” Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/07/10/why-progressives-are-backing-biden/

Also April this year
Ms. Omar, one of the leading pro-Palestinian voices in Congress, rejected the argument that the protests were antisemitic, noting that many of the participants were Jewish. “All Jewish kids” should be kept safe, she said, no matter which side they were on in the debate — or, as she framed it, “whether they’re pro-genocide or anti-genocide.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/29/us/politics/ilhan-omar-protests-gaza.html

The only traditional media I check is The Guardian, don’t really read the articles, just see what’s being talked about. They seem to be going really hard at Biden, him dropping out has been the headlines everyday since the debate.

Seems weird for a supposedly liberal media outlet. Most people I know don’t care and will vote for whoever the democrats pick. People think Biden hasn’t been running things for 4 years already.

Is every media outlet going this hard?

Hollywood coming out against Biden, pretty much signalling that funding dollars are on the line if he stays on the ticket.

I think it is clear now that this media narrative is not going to stop at all. Pelosi not backing Biden as iron clad as others is also likely due to donor pressure. I can't imagine Biden being able to power through this even till the convention. Someone like Obama needs to have a talk with him and Jill.

Clearly a dig at Clooney's wife who consults at the ICC.

No, he's pissed off that the ICC might charge Netenyahu with war crimes for the despicable genocide in Gaza. Because Fetterman is an asshole that supports said despicable genocide.

I think it is clear now that this media narrative is not going to stop at all. Pelosi not backing Biden as iron clad as others is also likely due to donor pressure. I can't imagine Biden being able to power through this even till the convention. Someone like Obama needs to have a talk with him and Jill.

I think at least half the Dems want Biden to get out, and that's being conservative. The primary reason beyond "he can't win", being that a bad Biden loss could result in significant Dem losses in the House and Senate. A threat to their own jobs is something politicians usually don't tolerate well.

No, he's pissed off that the ICC might charge Netenyahu with war crimes for the despicable genocide in Gaza. Because Fetterman is an asshole that supports said despicable genocide.

The question was aboit george clooney. He brought ICC in the mix because of G.C. wife. Praising officially G.C. and send him a warning also

The only traditional media I check is The Guardian, don’t really read the articles, just see what’s being talked about. They seem to be going really hard at Biden, him dropping out has been the headlines everyday since the debate.

Seems weird for a supposedly liberal media outlet. Most people I know don’t care and will vote for whoever the democrats pick. People think Biden hasn’t been running things for 4 years already.

Is every media outlet going this hard?

Certainly feels like every angle of the media is working for Trump right now. With everything going on its complete madness.

Certainly feels like every angle of the media is working for Trump right now. With everything going on its complete madness.
Seeing as Trump is desperate for Biden to stay in the race as he knows he’s a weak opponent, not sure I agree with that.

Donors shouldn’t decide for us.

I’m more and more convinced that he should go, but unlike some here, I’m not sure that a replacement would beat Trump. Definitely not Harris.

If there is enough evidence that he’s losing, we should at least try to replace him. However, it’s important that everyone knows that this would entail a lot of risk. We’re in a very bad fix. There is no great option, or even good one. Sticking with him is risky and replacing him is risk. I don’t know which one is riskier.

Currently in short supply with the Biden administration

It would be funny if it weren’t sad!

Last edited:
Has Ja Rule chimed in?
:lol: that reminds of the metal hammer facebook page when every second story on it was about slipknot or Corey Taylor's opinion on something and eventually every story, no matter what it was, on there just had people in the comments saying "yeh but what does Corey Taylor think?"

giphy.gif

I just feel sad for the handlers who are tasked with trying to crowbar basic policy proposals into Biden's rappidly calcifying grey matter, as he groans and sputters like a freshly bolted exsanguinating nag.

I think Biden dropping out now will be curtains for dem chances this time around. Harris will seethe if she’s not made the nominee but she’s not a good pick anyway.

Dens are clearly in trouble.

Dem options are pretty simple at this point; a long shot with a new candidate or a guaranteed demolition with Biden.

There’s no justification for sticking with him.