2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

The neurologist told Biden he had Parkinson’s on the first visit but he kept forgetting and calling the guy to come back.

When a guy needs a couple of pictures on a piece of paper to remind him where to walk to the stage, that surely should be a big sign he’s not the full picnic.
This is utterly insane what is going on.

These kind of stories will continue till the election now. Kinda of best case scenario for Trump that he is not even in focus anymore. This is absolutely the worst case scenario for Dems. I see more of elected reps turning on Biden due to either risk of losing their seat this time around or risk of getting primaried by an angry base who will want to blame someone for allowing Biden to get away with this.

Also the story has the snippet on neurologists saying that biden showed some signs of Parkinsons in his debate performance buried in the there. Biden has to be asked about the last time he was tested for Parkinsons in his next interview.

I feel like I may be missing something here but the person who is coming across in an awful manner in this video is not the press secretary.

Even while I've criticised repeatedly for other things in the past.

A neurologist does not need 8 visits to figure out someone doesn't have PD.

To be fair there is a bit of a debate about having Parkinson's and having Parkinson's-isms, which could lead to that many visits.

Typically this arises when you show signs of Parkinson's and start the standard medications, which have no effect. In those cases some neurologists will say you don't have Parkinson's, just those isms.

To be fair there is a bit of a debate about having Parkinson's and having Parkinson's-isms, which could lead to that many visits.

Typically this arises when you show signs of Parkinson's and start the standard medications, which have no effect. In those cases some neurologists will say you don't have Parkinson's, just those isms.

I know but they're all on the spectrum. If someone had signs of PSP or MSA, I wouldn't word it as 'not showing any signs of PD'.

Though of course if you're being particular, thsyre parkinsonian syndromes, as opposed to PD.

God help us if he does have MSA/PSP as their outcomes tend to be worse anyway.

I feel like I may be missing something here but the person who is coming across in an awful manner in this video is not the press secretary.

Even while I've criticised repeatedly for other things in the past.

The reaction of that guy is apparently because the press feels the WH aren't giving them the full story. That's why the guy is frustrated. The rest of the press have subsequently been on his side when discussing what happened on their various channels.

I know but they're all on the spectrum. If someone had signs of PSP or MSA, I wouldn't word it as 'not showing any signs of PD'.

Though of course if you're being particular, thsyre parkinsonian syndromes, as opposed to PD.

God help us if he does have MSA/PSP as their outcomes tend to be worse anyway.

Just wondering if that's the case, i.e. he started showing some signs of PD got on the medications and they weren't working. That might result in all those visits, but in fairness doesn't jive with the no signs comments.

There is not one person the Dems could put in besides Biden that could beat Trump. They have to keep him in.

Literally any Dem, any US citizen would do as well as Biden that is losing. Biden is not winning this so you can't do worse than the final outcome. At least with another decent candidate there is a chance, as small it can be

Imagine if Biden stays in and eventually wins in November, because of just how bad Trump is as a candidate. I don't think this will happen, but I also don't think it's impossible. The smugness from Biden and the Democratic party would reach an all-time high I think.

Imagine if Biden stays in and eventually wins in November, because of just how bad Trump is as a candidate. I don't think this will happen, but I also don't think it's impossible. The smugness from Biden and the Democratic party would reach an all-time high I think.

Its an increasingly unlikely scenario at this stage. More Dems are now coming out asking Biden to step aside.

I know the current narrative is that Biden will lose but when push comes to shove, I wouldn't be surprised if certain things take it over the edge for Biden. If abortion is still a hot topic in November, he may get a lot of the female vote, and things like that.

Its an increasingly unlikely scenario at this stage. More Dems are now coming out asking Biden to step aside.

Yeah, it's not likely. If the debate really was like a one-off thing, and Biden could communicate effectively now, I might believe it, but that isn't the case. He just keeps on fumbling. I still think he'll be the candidate though.

That is the issue, Biden only option would be for a big demerit of Trump, not because of anything that Biden brings to the table, and with these premises, any D could pull that off. The D can only win despite Biden, who is a big liability

To be really honest I've only just seen the videos in full. Churchill did similar. His health issues were covered up for a couple of years before Eden took over, but that was in the 1950s and he was untouchable for much of the media.
It’s okay. It was an Independence Day joke

Biden's are getting rattled by the backlash.

I feel like she's come out of this pretty negatively more so than Joe, looks like she's been pulling the strings and quite a busy body whereas before she seemed like she kept herself to herself and only heard a few times but christ on a bike she seems a real Karen