2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Just had a read of his wikipedia page and I think he'd get my vote. One bit that intrigues me is this - "Oliver supports removing regulatory barriers that prevent people and organizations from feeding people experiencing homelessness." What kind of regulations are preventing feeding the homeless?

Just had a read of his wikipedia page and I think he'd get my vote. One bit that intrigues me is this - "Oliver supports removing regulatory barriers that prevent people and organizations from feeding people experiencing homelessness." What kind of regulations are preventing feeding the homeless?

It'll be food and safety regulations, and permit stuff.

From about the 10 second mark and onwards you can see he is seething. Lovely.

What’s with his weird volume control? He just seems to shout at various points. Maybe he’s always done that, he’s no Martin Luther King, that’s for sure.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...-whitmire-ticket-homeless-arrest-18578758.php

e - as @NotThatSoph said, some cities also use food safety regulations to shut them down

Probably the same kind of regulations that make it illegal in GA to hand out bottles of water to be people standing in line waiting to vote

Libertarians are something else.

12c26f79-728b-4573-bb92-305fa86a4574

Probably the same kind of regulations that make it illegal in GA to hand out bottles of water to be people standing in line waiting to vote

Oh it gets much worse than that.

Arizona woman sues city after being arrested for feeding homeless people
Police arrested retired restaurant owner Norma Thornton, 78, in March for feeding homeless people in violation of an ordinance the city passed last year — which she's now suing to stop.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-...ty-arrested-feeding-homeless-people-rcna54324

Trump wants to round up American and international students protesting on campuses and deport them. He wants to set back the "movement" by 30 years.

“One thing I do is, any student that protests, I throw them out of the country. You know, there are a lot of foreign students. As soon as they hear that, they’re going to behave,” Trump said on May 14, according to donors at the event.

When one of the donors complained that many of the students and professors protesting on campuses could one day hold positions of power in the United States, Trump called the demonstrators part of a “radical revolution” that he vowed to defeat. He praised the New York Police Department for clearing the campus at Columbia University and said other cities needed to follow suit, saying “it has to be stopped now.”

“Well, if you get me elected, and you should really be doing this, if you get me reelected, we’re going to set that movement back 25 or 30 years,” he said, according to the donors, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to detail a private event.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trum...esting-israel-in-private-meeting-with-donors/

could be good for his election when he stares down liberal judges and aclu-style troublemakers to secure the border.

About those Libertarians, and the perfidious Jill Stein voters

That wouldn't be the case this year since RFK is splitting the vote nearly 50/50 among R and D voters and they also have Cornell West, Jill, Stein, and Maryanne Williamson running this year.

Voting for either Trump or Biden.
It’s like choosing , being hit by an HGV or a train , you know both will kill you but you have to pick one.
Not a great choice are they, a doddering old man or a convicted felon

It’s like choosing , being hit by an HGV or a train , you know both will kill you but you have to pick one.

Not really. It is a choice between a normal, albeit old as feck politician, and a far right extremist that tried to overturn the last election. These false balances got to fecking stop.

Not really. It is a choice between a normal, albeit old as feck politician, and a far right extremist that tried to overturn the last election. These false balances got to fecking stop.
Nothing normal about enabling and facilitating genocide, in spite of the rest of the free world.

And a convicted felon

Biden is pretty much going to walk this now right, given that Trump will be in jail. Don't tell me Trump can still fight an election while serving a sentence :lol:

Biden is pretty much going to walk this now right, given that Trump will be in jail. Don't tell me Trump can still fight an election while serving a sentence :lol:
Of all the certainties of Trump's case & verdict, the one most certain is that he won't serve jail time for this conviction.

You must have been paying virtually zero attention if you think they are comparable.

He's not wrong though. You can rightly dress the old man up as a more sane alternative to the bigoted Mango Mussolini, but it doesn't absolve him of his culpability in an unfolding genocide in the middle east. The sooner people can accept that the more they can understand one of the reasons why he still risks losing to a far-right convicted felon.

He's not wrong though. You can rightly dress the old man up as a more sane alternative to the bigoted Mango Mussolini, but it doesn't absolve him of his culpability in an unfolding genocide in the middle east. The sooner people can accept that the more they can understand one of the reasons why he still risks losing to a far-right convicted felon.
This is not black and white, mate. It's very complex.

The two parties are in very different positions here. If the Republicans replace Trump they 100% lose. The MAGA people throw their toys out of the pram and won't vote. If the Democrats replace Biden with the right candidate they probably increase their chances to win. Or rather, if they had done it several months ago.

The two parties are in very different positions here. If the Republicans replace Trump they 100% lose. The MAGA people throw their toys out of the pram and won't vote. If the Democrats replace Biden with the right candidate they probably increase their chances to win. Or rather, if they had done it several months ago.

The Republicans will lose in the long term anyway since Trump will sooner or later be out of politics and they will be left with a radicalized political base without a cult leader, who won't respond to ordinary Republicans.

The Republicans will lose in the long term anyway since Trump will sooner or later be out of politics and they will be left with a radicalized political base without a cult leader, who won't respond to ordinary Republicans.
I'm sure they can pluck someone into the role now that Trump has doctored the template for it. Heck they go all North Korean and claim they're ruling on behalf of the eternal president Kim Il Sung Donald Trump. The MAGA cult guidebook is a pretty predictable by this point.

I'm sure they can pluck someone into the role now that Trump has doctored the template for it. Heck they go all North Korean and claim they're ruling on behalf of the eternal president Kim Il Sung Donald Trump. The MAGA **** guidebook is a pretty predictable by this point.

Won’t be that easy. They need someone with Trumps unique combination of entertainment, salesmanship, and bigotry. I haven’t seen anyone that can fill his shoes. Also, there will be a handful of candidates vying to be MAGA King, when Trump kicks the bucket, and they are all egomaniacs. It will be a knife fight.

I'm sure they can pluck someone into the role now that Trump has doctored the template for it. Heck they go all North Korean and claim they're ruling on behalf of the eternal president Kim Il Sung Donald Trump. The MAGA **** guidebook is a pretty predictable by this point.

It won't be possible given that the entire MAGA movement is built around the cult of personality of one person. Once that person is gone, they won't have a foundation to compete from.