2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

It’s crazy how many American liberals dislike him based off of his vaccination beliefs, like that actually means anything in the grand scheme of things. He’s done more work for the environment than all of the current liberal politicians combined, whilst wanting to put an end to lobbying and the rigged political system that currently exists, and you all hate him, being branded as a nutter.

ffs :lol:

Same vibes as that guy who called Vivek Ramaswamy a “generational politician”.
You’re a Joe Biden cheerleader purely off the basis of him having the best chance of keeping Trump out, despite his obvious flaws and inability to be an effective president. It’s not really the best position to take the high horse approach. It’s disgusting that these are the only two options again and it illustrates the importance of fundamental change. Despite RFK jr’s flaws, at least he talks about the importance of change regarding this, along with the hold corporations have over politics. He’s the most likely candidate to actually make a change for the better in this regard, but each to their own.

You’re a Joe Biden cheerleader

If you read my posts in the last couple of pages you'll see I hate old joe with some passion. But this kennedy guy is absolute bonkers. Go read about his opinions on the topics I mentioned a couple of posts ago. There is no way you think he's the type of thinker to lead a nation after reading those.

You’re a Joe Biden cheerleader purely off the basis of him having the best chance of keeping Trump out, despite his obvious flaws and inability to be an effective president. It’s not really the best position to take the high horse approach. It’s disgusting that these are the only two options again and it illustrates the importance of fundamental change. Despite RJK jr’s flaws, at least he talks about the importance of change regarding this, along with the hold corporations have over politics. He’s the most likely candidate to actually make a change for the better in this regard, but each to their own.

RJK Jr has some truly awful positions though, imagine if he was in the white house when covid hit? He would not have had the US government do anything in terms of vaccine research, cause he doesn't believe vaccines should exist, worst case scenario, he would even have the government sabotage private institutions getting a vaccine ready.

You’re a Joe Biden cheerleader purely off the basis of him having the best chance of keeping Trump out, despite his obvious flaws and inability to be an effective president. It’s not really the best position to take the high horse approach. It’s disgusting that these are the only two options again and it illustrates the importance of fundamental change. Despite RFK jr’s flaws, at least he talks about the importance of change regarding this, along with the hold corporations have over politics. He’s the most likely candidate to actually make a change for the better in this regard, but each to their own.

You keep assigning labels to me, that I have to refute. I am not an American liberal. I don't hate RFK Jr.. And I am not a Joe Biden cheerleader.

I actually believe it would be better for Joe Biden to withdraw, so some younger and more energetic candidate could step forward, however that might be a bit late now. But what I have stated emphatically is, that if the choice is between Biden and Trump on the ticket, it would be madness to vote for Trump or not vote at all, out of spite coming from the fact that Biden isn't perfect or because he won't bring the sweeping change you desire. This isn't down to some high hopes I have for Biden, but rather because of what Trump will do in office, and the people he will bring into positions of power if he reclaims the White House.

And what I also know is that RFK Jr. is absolutely not capable of bringing the fundamental change he is talking about. He is off his fecking rocker. He has been rejected by his party and by his family, and he has never held public office in his life. It's an absolute freebie to talk about this stuff as an independent candidate, but if he was elected he would still have to deal with Congress, the leadership of the two parties, special interests, and everything else that exists in Washington.

Hoping for RFK Jr. to win the presidential election and actually making sweeping changes is a pipe dream.

How has Biden been an ‘ineffective president?’

How has Biden been an ‘ineffective president?’
That was in reference to the next 4 years, to me it seems like his mental capacity is on the decline and can only get worse. Maybe despite that he can still be successful, we'll have to see.

That was in reference to the next 4 years, to me it seems like his mental capacity is on the decline and can only get worse. Maybe despite that he can still be successful, we'll have to see.

Meh, he won't be able to do much with the senate controlled by GOP anyway, which has a very high chance of happening next year.

No independent is going to care about what Trump is saying - people who were not going to vote for him were never going to and those who may consider him already knew what he is all about. The election is mostly about Biden.

The Biden administration has mostly done well given the constraints of the US system, but no one wants Biden as a candidate given he has clearly declined in the past 4 years.

No independent is going to care about what Trump is saying - people who were not going to vote for him were never going to and those who may consider him already knew what he is all about. The election is mostly about Biden.

The Biden administration has mostly done well given the constraints of the US system, but no one wants Biden as a candidate given he has clearly declined in the past 4 years.

Agreed. Its going to be hard for Trump to win over independents he's already lost in recent years. This is why I find the current polling with Trump so far ahead to be not particularly believable.

You keep assigning labels to me, that I have to refute. I am not an American liberal. I don't hate RFK Jr.. And I am not a Joe Biden cheerleader.

I actually believe it would be better for Joe Biden to withdraw, so some younger and more energetic candidate could step forward, however that might be a bit late now. But what I have stated emphatically is, that if the choice is between Biden and Trump on the ticket, it would be madness to vote for Trump or not vote at all, out of spite coming from the fact that Biden isn't perfect or because he won't bring the sweeping change you desire. This isn't down to some high hopes I have for Biden, but rather because of what Trump will do in office, and the people he will bring into positions of power if he reclaims the White House.

And what I also know is that RFK Jr. is absolutely not capable of bringing the fundamental change he is talking about. He is off his fecking rocker. He has been rejected by his party and by his family, and he has never held public office in his life. It's an absolute freebie to talk about this stuff as an independent candidate, but if he was elected he would still have to deal with Congress, the leadership of the two parties, special interests, and everything else that exists in Washington.

Hoping for RFK Jr. to win the presidential election and actually making sweeping changes is a pipe dream.

Exactly like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Are there candidates who would be better than Joe Biden? Of course there is. Still, is having Joe Biden as president better than Donald Trump? I can't understand why this is even a question.

The problem with Left voters is that they don't vote if they don't think the candidate is a close match to what they desire.
The problem with Right voters is that they will vote their candidate no matter how bad he/she is.

I think we may be in a situation where Trump is potentially the "least" supportive of Israel among the candidates next year.

GBvAeoebMAAHtz8
Centrist Trump

This will backfire

it will be appealed and he will win the appeal further strengthening his campaign

What are the implications? can he still run even if he loses the appeal?

This will backfire

it will be appealed and he will win the appeal further strengthening his campaign
Won’t sway many indies (if there are any significant numbers out there), will just strengthen the insanity of his base.

This will backfire

It doesn't really matter. Colorado is a blue state he's not close to winning anyway.

All this does is fuel his support in just about every other state.

Meh. The Supreme Court will overrule it, sadly.
People have been banned from running for the senate and the house, apparently there's nothing in the Constitution on this, so State law may prevail and different States have different laws

I would imagine a conservative SCOTUS would overturn. Gorsuch is even from Colorado.

I doubt it would matter in a Gen election since it would almost certainly go Dem anyway.

Here is the thing though: SCOTUS will have to determine that Judge Wallace and the Supreme Court of Colorado made clear and obvious errors in applying the laws before their decision was made. Just like in sports, you cannot overturn a decision that was already given by figures of authority unless there are serious grounds for a dismissal.

edit: The SOCTUS justice who will stand by Trump no matter what because past history says so is that leech named Clarence Thomas. SCOTUS already voted 8-1 to force Trump to return documents to the prosecution in the Mar-a-Largo case.

Last edited:
Here is the thing though: SCOTUS will have to determine that Judge Wallace and the Supreme Court of Colorado made clear and obvious errors in applying the laws before their decision was made. Just like in sports, you cannot overturn a decision that was already given by figures of authority unless there are serious grounds for a dismissal.

Frivolous appeal and and an extra match ban for Trump?