2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Schubert MASSIVE start.

Edit: I'm an idiot, thios is obviously only semi final. Just means finals guaranteed now, good for him.
Oh, I didn't realise. Is that why he just left after getting the 25?

Roberts now also tops boulder 1.
For me he's the a big favorite for the gold, had an incredible season last year. I think in terms of physicality he might be the best, just the nerves could get to him as he's very young.
Oh, I didn't realise. Is that why he just left after getting the 25?
He left because once you top a boulder and get 25 there's no point staying at the boulder, you won't get more points from it.

Roberts now also tops boulder 1.
For me he's the a big favorite for the gold, had an incredible season last year. I think in terms of physicality he might be the best, just the nerves could get to him as he's very young.

He left because once you top a boulder and get 25 there's no point staying at the boulder, you won't get more points from it.
But he seemed to just go off down the tunnel?

Oh, he's back out now. Right

But he seemed to just go off down the tunnel?

Oh, he's back out now. Right
they rotate, you always have one round to rest before being back out.

Poland through to voleyball semifinal after beating Slovenia, chuffed! We’ve been waiting for Olympic gold in this one for so long, let’s fecking go

The 3rd problem looks impossible.
Definitely possible but looks slightly to hard for this format, I agree.

@Pogue Mahone According to the Olympic website, Roberts wasn't awarded the first boulder, pretty sure I saw him top it? Any info what happened?

Definitely possible but looks slightly to hard for this format, I agree.

@Pogue Mahone According to the Olympic website, Roberts wasn't awarded the first boulder, pretty sure I saw him top it? Any info what happened?

Yeah, with more time I reckon most of them could do it eventually.

The commentator on my stream said that Roberts didn't have both hands on the top boulder for long enough.

Track cycling starts today, not really followed it since the glory days but guessing with a lot of the old stars retired GB won’t be getting too many golds this time?

Yeah, with more time I reckon most of them could do it eventually.

The commentator on my stream said that Roberts didn't have both hands on the top boulder for long enough.
Yeah, read that on reddit as well, fair enough.

Honestly, bouldering went kind of exactly how I did expect it. Both Japanese and Roberts clearly a level above the competition, Schubert and Ondra with a very good bouldering round and will improve on the lead wall. Everyone else will be fighting for the last spots in the final.

Caudery out is a huge shock. What's the benefit of skipping earlier heights? Surely in qualification its about no mistakes, no risk?

I didn't know that Biles had french coaches.

Caudery out is a huge shock. What's the benefit of skipping earlier heights? Surely in qualification its about no mistakes, no risk?
The benefit is a better classification in case of draws.

That looked painful for Suni Lee, mad how they just carry on with the routine.

Have they made the beam narrower than usual? 4 have gone 3 have fell off and the other had a big wobble.

Poland through to voleyball semifinal after beating Slovenia, chuffed! We’ve been waiting for Olympic gold in this one for so long, let’s fecking go
Not on our watch! :nono: we've been chasing that gold longer than you, and came closest more times too
Going to be gold for China in the high bar, awesome performance
That guy's the Maradona of parallel bars
Molly out of the pole vault in the first round
One of the upsets of the Olympics

In fairness to Molly, I don't think it was the height that was the problem as such... 4.55 is comfortable for her if you get the technique correct. But if you don't, you'll still fail lower heights than that. You could see on the last vault she was well above the beam but descended too short and landed on it.

In fairness to Molly, I don't think it was the height that was the problem as such... 4.55 is comfortable for her if you get the technique correct. But if you don't, you'll still fail lower heights than that. You could see on the last vault she was well above the beam but descended too short and landed on it.
Feel like that happened a lot for the men and in the decathlon as well. Maybe something with the setup in the stadium? Lots of athletes seemed to struggle with the distance, not the height

The benefit is a better classification in case of draws.

This would only be the case if she failed at a lower height I think. A successful lower clearance doesn’t count against a vaulter does it?

She was obviously confident that she could clear 4.55m easily but it does seem bizarre to come in at a height which proved to be an easy qualification height. In a strange stadium, with nerves of the Olympics, just getting one clearance at the most basic level could only have helped.

Just saw on Reddit :

- 0.12s between 1st and last on this race
- 0.16s between Usain Bolt 2012 and Lyles' time