2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

The point is saving energy. If you think you can easily clear a certain height, there's no point wasting energy on lower heigh jumps
I really doubt that very much. Qualification rounds in things like high jump and pole vault normally involves a handful of attempts.

@JPRouve hey, if you’re streaming the wrestling starting today, Amit Elor is on Mat B and Adam Coon (ncaa champ who had a try out as a lineman with the Titans) is on Mat C in Greco.

Andrade from Brazil really is lovely to watch on those floor routines.

Italy was 2 sets down to Japan and losing the third one 21-24, defended all the match balls and they're back to 1-2 in sets. What a QF in volleyball

Andrade from Brazil really is lovely to watch on those floor routines.
She is brilliant and brings a lot of flair and charisma as well.

The gymnastics commentator having the same voice as Johnny Vegas is slightly distracting, like he's taking piss.

I stumbled on Lopez.
Yeah he hit the mat right after Coon finished. Coon lost a close one to the reigning world champ from Iran.

Lopez is trying to win his 5th Olympic gold medal and do the unthinkable - challenge Aleksandr Karelin for consideration as the greatest of all time in Greco.

Elor dominated the reigning 68kg world champ in her 1st bout

The gymnastics commentator having the same voice as Johnny Vegas is slightly distracting, like he's taking piss.
They're so critical. You would see someone do something absolutely amazing and all you hear is " deduction because their knee was slightly bent" or "that little hop will cost them"

Yeah he hit the mat right after Coon finished. Coon lost a close one to the reigning world champ from Iran.

Lopez is trying to win his 5th Olympic gold medal and do the unthinkable - challenge Aleksandr Karelin for consideration as the greatest of all time in Greco

It's crazy, I was watching his training earlier this year and it's herculean. These guys make no athletic sense, they are powerful beyond belief, endurant and agile.

She is brilliant and brings a lot of flair and charisma as well.
Biles terrific as well or course, but in a different way.

A couple of penalties in that routine so it's going to be tight.

And Andrade takes gold, the step outs push Biles back to silver.

I know the others are great at well, fine margins and all that - and I've no idea what I'm looking at in technical terms, but those two really were an absolute joy to watch. They looked like the best :)

Forget the Gymnastics, you have already seen the routines at the team events, Kayaking is where all of the action is.

Biles terrific as well or course, but in a different way.

A couple of penalties in that routine so it's going to be tight.
Biles is phenomenal, but Andrade has pushed her all the way throughout, so happy for her getting a gold.

Mark looked harsh for the the American who went last.

It's crazy, I was watching his training earlier this year and it's herculean. These guys make no athletic sense, they are powerful beyond belief, endurant and agile.
Yes, it’s scary. What’ll really get you is if you ever get a chance to shake hands with some of these guys. I’ve got a decent grip. The world level guys make me feel like a child.

The Cubans are always extra impressive because of the lack of resources they have compared to a USA or Russia. They’re just tough tough dudes

Biles is phenomenal, but Andrade has pushed her all the way throughout, so happy for her getting a gold.

Mark looked harsh for the the American who went last.
And the VAR kicks in!

Tough for the one who thought she got bronze though.

Yeah that's tough to lose it after the finish. Chiles bumped up two from 5th to 3rd?!

She’s great. Think this olympics might be too early for her, but can definitely see her getting a medal in 2028.

She's going to get silver this time around, and I hope to convince her to let me run her campaign for president by 2028.

We went to the same primary school, so we should defo be mates.

I'll be at an end-of-games gig in Paris next week and I promise not to stare open-mouthed too much if she's there.

Protective gear seems very mixed in this, some just have the normal helmet, some a mouth guard, some a bmx type helmet

It's chaos :lol:

Smart from Franklin there, both Brits go through to the next ground.

Would have helped having two Brits going into semi as they would have been in the same draw.

I really doubt that very much. Qualification rounds in things like high jump and pole vault normally involves a handful of attempts.
The best athletes try to make as few as they can, to limit fatigue but most importantly, limit the risk of injury