2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Oddly was probably hampered by having a lead into the bike leg. Felt she went flat out to try and maintain it, whereas the German held back and shadowed the American, having more for the run.
surprise, surprise, and german not competing fairly.

For the Belgian athlete, there is nothing yet that connects it to the river. The second one is just over exhaustion after the race (the athletes said so themselves).

I do agree the river is disgusting and they shouldn't have held the events there, it was political stubbornness, but there's a bit of misinformation going around.
oh look, here comes to the frenchman to deny that his people just openly shit into the river and then don’t even bother to wash their hands.

The point wasn't about judges.
Ok, I’ll explain my original point as you seem to have completely missed it. I was pointing out how there’s an ability to correct a wrong decision in triathlon, but not in shooting, and how in both situations, Team GB came out worse.

Ok, I’ll explain my original point as you seem to have completely missed it. I was pointing out how there’s an ability to correct a wrong decision in triathlon, but not in shooting, and how in both situations, Team GB came out worse.

I know what you meant. I made the point that you are talking about two different sets of they, because people who may not know and could easily think that it is the same set of they. The Shooting international federation doesn't allow video refereeing at the Olympics while the Triathlon federation allows photo finish at the Olympics.

I have to be honest not something I have seen before, is the point just to get high has possible ? Looks impossible to me

Yeah, they have to get two hands onto the final hold (marked with 25 because you get 25 points for reaching it)

The really strong climbers haven’t started yet. They will probably make it look less impossible. Look out for the Japanese lads. Absolute beasts.

BBC olympic coverage is a bit frustrating - was enjoying that climbing, now it's badminton!

Yeah, they have to get two hands onto the final hold (marked with 25 because you get 25 points for reaching it)

The really strong climbers haven’t started yet. They will probably make it look less impossible. Look out for the Japanese lads. Absolute beasts.
Cheers for the explanation.
I presume they have to actually hold on and not just touch the high scores

How is decided which of the four courses they have to do? Or does it rotate and they have to do all of them?

Would someone like Alex Honnold dominate this event if he wanted, or is he a bit of a celebrity climber and not really the best in the world?

Would someone like Alex Honnold dominate this event if he wanted, or is he a bit of a celebrity climber and not really the best in the world?

In his own words he is “terrible” compared to these guys. He is a legitimate world class talent at big wall speed climbing (fastest to climb massive cliffs outdoors) but not at events like this.

Nope. They’re also kept in isolation behind the stage, so can’t see anyone else trying them.

Hmm... Maybe I'm overly cynical here, but couldn't the route setters leak information to their bouldering friends who may or may not be in the competition? How long in advance do they decide on the route? If it's a day in advance or shorter then I reckon it doesn't matter that much..

Schubert MASSIVE start.

Edit: I'm an idiot, thios is obviously only semi final. Just means finals guaranteed now, good for him.