2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Finke blowing up the 1500 swimming near the entirety of it under the WR :nervous::eek:

He did get the WR, thought it was going to be by a much bigger margin considering he was over 2 seconds Infront of it with 200m to go.

I'd thought Wiffen would run away with it. That was a surprise. But at least he got something.

Hell of a race from Finke! I through the was going to smash the WR but he was dying in that last 50 and somehow managed to cling on to it!

He did get the WR, thought it was going to be by a much bigger margin considering he was over 2 seconds Infront of it with 200m to go.
Think the final 100m in the previous WR was at ridiculous speed so the commentators also said he needed to be way ahead with 100 to go. Glad he made it.

Great race Finke. Disappointing from Wiffen but he has two medals so…

The American swimming coverage is truly insufferable.

Pan is a full second faster than everyone else in the world in the 100m. There was never any way China wouldn't take gold here

Women's 4x100m relay to conclude the swimming in Paris.

Why are India anonymous at the Olympics? Have they medalled at all I feel like I’ve not heard India mentioned once.

Odd for such a huge population.

Pan did that last 100m in 45.92. His world record (Done a couple of days ago) is 46.4 !

Why are India anonymous at the Olympics? Have they medalled at all I feel like I’ve not heard India mentioned once.

Odd for such a huge population.
Currently 57th in the rankings. 0 gold, 3 silver, 3 bronze.

I couldn’t fathom trying to explain it, but if I had to guess, too much emphasis on cricket, unwillingness to let children pursue sport as a career, obvious challenges for women, and lack of funding?

Astonishing as it seems given the population, India has just 3 gold medals since 1980.