2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Going by the heats I am expecting Thompson to win the 100m, eased right off with at least 10m to go and still finished in 10 seconds.

Why are India anonymous at the Olympics? Have they medalled at all I feel like I’ve not heard India mentioned once.

Odd for such a huge population.
For me, the main reason is money. Our sports budget is roughly $400m. For size comparison (similar population), China spends nearly $4bn (10x). That kind of spend is needed to orient the population into more of a sporting one quickly.

He paused to look across at Seville. Did he sandbag?
Looked like Lyles might’ve had an extra step in him, but he was pretty full on for the entire race! Seville was definitely a bit more relaxed and can take it up a notch.

Looked like Lyles might’ve had an extra step in him, but he was pretty full on for the entire race! Seville was definitely a bit more relaxed and can take it up a notch.
Yeah that's what it looked like. Weird considering it was a PB for him. Maybe he's hitting form just at the right time.

How fast is this track? I think there's a sub 9.75 time in the final here.

It was actually Seville who looked over at Lyles well before the line. If anything it looked like Seville had more in his locker…

Will be a fascinating final.

I think it's an intimidation tactic from Lyles. Seville looks like he's a lot more humble.