2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

That 100m final will be electric. So close between the top runners. And all looked like they might have that little bit more in the locker

Actual lumberjack winning gold for Canada in hammer throw

How do you end up becoming a hammer thrower? Can't imagine anyone growing up thinking "yeah that's what I want to do in life"

How do you end up becoming a hammer thrower? Can't imagine anyone growing up thinking "yeah that's what I want to do in life"
If you're fat I guess.

Random remark, but it's unfathomable for me that olympic athletes, at least from the big nations, still share rooms with another athlete. Surely the organisations should value good sleep and quietness over a few hundred euros

Reekie looked ill and tired when the camera panned up to her at the start.

Nightmare for Reekie there. It’s been an awful day for Team GB all around really. So much has gone wrong

Random remark, but it's unfathomable for me that olympic athletes, at least from the big nations, still share rooms with another athlete. Surely the organisations should value good sleep and quietness over a few hundred euros
Some of this is down to being eco friendly, they probably could build bigger and better accommodation but it probably doesn’t go with being green.

"Katzberg started throwing hammer at the age of 14 after watching his father coach his sister in the event, thinking it looked fun".

Having a fat older sister I guess?

You're a supreme athlete, you like to spin, throw heavy objects, and don't want to eat like some monk because you like to eat damn it!
They probably need to find a different sport now because the Canadian demolishing the field is barely carrying any fat.
It's all about spinning babe

Ah, Tamberi was hospitalized for a kidney stone, might miss the high jump event. Sigh...

Would be weird to have a jump off for a minor medal when they have the same record and the competition is ongoing for the athletes going for silver and gold
Are they still doing the shared medal thing in high jump? Pathetic

Some very questionable refereeing in the Germany-Argentina field hockey but at least it didn't decide the game in the end.

Now looking forward to the 100m.

That Canadian hammer guy has stepped straight out of the 80s.