2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

That’s a bit ridiculous that you can’t request a replay in the shooting!

If they have a VAR system in place for shooting why wouldn't you bring it to the Olympics?!

Anyone care to explain what happened in the shooting final? I was no watching this
Shoot off for Gold, British shooter is called for a miss but she is convinced that she clipped it, replays showed that she did indeed clip it but refs decisions stands because there is no VAR

This British gymnast looks like Luke Littler if life had taken a very different path.

This tennis game is so close

Does anyone know what hole the lead golfers are on? Currently have tennis and vault

This tennis game is so close

Does anyone know what hole the lead golfers are on? Currently have tennis and vault

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/leaderboard

14-16 seemingly with one completed round in the top 10. Mental that so many big hitters up there and with a chance with a few holes to go.

EDIT - And of course, Scottie birdies as I post this to cement himself at the top. Dude is just colossal. One hole to birdie for a -10 round to win gold :lol:

She clipped the clay but judge said she didn’t, no VAR available either.

Shoot off for Gold, British shooter is called for a miss but she is convinced that she clipped it, replays showed that she did indeed clip it but refs decisions stands because there is no VAR
Thanks, that’s really fecked up if they have no way to challenge the decision of refs

I only really watch the masters those scores look ridiculously good? Don't recall seeing an 18 under at the end of a tournament before?

:mad: i’m off to set fire to a bin outside a pret a manger.

My school was posh enough that sexual abuse was normalised but not so posh that animal cruelty was part of the curriculum.
well at least they didn’t neglect all of the curriculum.

I only really watch the masters those scores look ridiculously good? Don't recall seeing an 18 under at the end of a tournament before?

Not uncommon - it just depends on the difficulty of the course. The majors generally have lower scores as they set them up to be the ultimate test.

Reasonably common now to be fair. DJ won the Masters at -20 a few years back... but they tend to make the Majors a bit tougher so you don't see them much, regular tour, -20's are all over the show.

Fox sisters about to go in the Kayak, they’re going to have together on this one.

You people do realise VAR costs money? Who the hell is going to pay for technology in fecking skeet shooting :lol:

You people do realise VAR costs money? Who the hell is going to pay for technology in fecking skeet shooting :lol:

Yet it was proven within seconds, without an additional penny spent. You can just use normal technology for a lot of this kind of thing.

I don't think you needed a VAR system here, just needed a video replay.

Greatest uneven bars final ever. Won by the greatest uneven bars routine ever done, with the highest score ever given

Simply put, legendary stuff

Me :lol: that's why epeé is the best weapon, even though it's the stinky frenchie weapon :p

Who? Name
Charlotte Fry I think?

Greatest uneven bars final ever. Won by the greatest uneven bars routine ever done, with the highest score ever given

Simply put, legendary stuff
I will never forget that routine. Legendary is the right word to describe it.

I guess every country might feel this way, but it does seem like Team GB has had some really bad luck at these Olympics, whether it’s dodgy refereeing decisions or incredibly close defeats (or just stupid rules in the case of things like windsurfing)

Fleetwood making a mess of 17. Think Scotty has got this won now.

@JPRouve - context for tomorrow

Elor is the reigning world champ at 72kg. She had to drop to 68kg because 72kg isn’t an Olympic weight (10 weights at worlds, only 6 at Olympics)

She has the reigning world champ at 68kg in the first round.