2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

@JPRouve - context for tomorrow

Elor is the reigning world champ at 72kg. She had to drop to 68kg because 72kg isn’t an Olympic weight (10 weights at worlds, only 6 at Olympics)

She has the reigning world champ at 68kg in the first round.

Thanks. I like the schedule, 3PM local time.

What have I seen her in?

88135859-13706971-The_world_indoor_silver_medallist_was_one_of_nine_female_athlete-a-28_1722762010600.jpg

On a side note, I love the fact that argentines sing a song targetting certain players(or defend the song) but are then surprised that these players and french fans show them no respect. :lol:

Well done Faulkner, you are the only one with a brain.

Wow. Did that group really get so distracted about competing with each other that they forgot the American was racing :lol:

They couldn't decide who should go with her or if they should all go with her, in the meantime she was disappearing into the distance.

They literally stop pedalling in the last kilometer. That's a fireable offence.

You'd be gutted to lose out in a photo finish

American lady didn't even celebrate at first, guess she was so exhausted. She just took off at the end

They just looked at each other, what happened there. Somebody caught you sleeping that's what happened.

I'm genuinely shocked, I don't remember the last time I have seen this in such a ridiculous way.

Unless you're in a team or have discussed sharing the lead, the one to chase probably misses out on a medal and none of them wanted to risk that.

Unless you're in a team or have discussed sharing the lead, the one to chase probably misses out on a medal and none of them wanted to risk that.

It shouldn't have been a chase, they virtually stopped. You can see Vas stop pedalling when they are on a slight uphill. They simply didn't consider Faulkner and focused on the other two because Faulkner was on paper the weaker sprinter. This is something that probably doesn't happen if they have headsets.

It shouldn't have been a chase, they virtually stopped. You can see Vas stop pedalling when they are on a slight uphill. They simply didn't consider Faulkner and focused on the other two because Faulkner was on paper the weaker sprinter. This is something that probably doesn't happen if they have headsets.

Yeah, no headsets doesn't help and being a 4 with 3 medals was probably the worst scenario for taking risks. Having said that, Faulkner put a lot into the initial break, checked back and went again. It was the few seconds before the final push where they needed to react.

16yo from Turkey competing in the 1500m swimming. Blimey.