2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

"You could see the horse smile, which brought the sun out over the court". The commentary (at least the German one) is even worse and more pompous than the 'sport' itself
The commentators I've watched have not at all taken into account that 99.9% of the audience is watching it for the first time. Absolutely no explanation of what is going on.

The problem I have with any sport that is based on judges giving scores is that it’s impossible to take the bias out of the judges scoring. I feel that the people who win it once or twice will always be at an advantage going forward because the judges are likely to be less harsh on them

"You could see the horse smile, which brought the sun out over the court". The commentary (at least the German one) is even worse and more pompous than the 'sport' itself

Yeah, the commentators are filling in a lot of gaps here too. "Wendy just loves to dance at this tempo, you can tell".

Everyone involved in this event is deranged.

The commentators I've watched have not at all taken into account that 99.9% of the audience is watching it for the first time. Absolutely no explanation of what is going on.
This is so true, I have tried watching last 2 days and the Eurosport commentators have given zero information about what is going on

Yeah, the commentators are filling in a lot of gaps here too. "Wendy just loves to dance at this tempo, you can tell".

Everyone involved in this event is deranged.
Imagine being the guy on the sports coverage team that draws the short straw and has to cover this bullshit

The problem I have with any sport that is based on judges giving scores is that it’s impossible to take the bias out of the judges scoring. I feel that the people who win it once or twice will always be at an advantage going forward because the judges are likely to be less harsh on them

Bit like with the Chinese on diving, they're expecting them to dominate so are they perhaps slightly influenced by who it is

Imagine being the guy on the sports coverage team that draws the short straw and has to cover this bullshit

The BBC coverage has seemed rather passionate about the Equestrian events. Caught a bit of the show jumping yesterday, the two commentators were basically making Gary Neville noises throughout. We just love a bit of horse prancing, for some reason.

The BBC coverage has seemed rather passionate about the Equestrian events. Caught a bit of the show jumping yesterday, the two commentators were basically making Gary Neville noises throughout. We just love a bit of horse prancing, for some reason.
German dude was all teary eyed and emotional, must have been on LSD or something. 'The highest good we can take from this as audience is the emotion and passion those horses ignited in us'. Twat

Incredible finish in the archery just now, went to a one arrow shoot off where both guys hit 10s, German archer won by being closer to the centre with his 10.

Good shooting in the archery from the American. He looks like he drives a pick up truck and shoots deer with his bow and arrow.

Been not a lot on all morning, we now have the tennis, golf and road race, with gymnastics and kayak cross coming up shortly

Is the women's race as long as the men? Roughly when will they be done?

It’s not animal abuse if the commentators talk like that. In those cases everything is fine.

Terribly elitist shit Sport that needs to be banned.

Been not a lot on all morning, we now have the tennis, golf and road race, with gymnastics and kayak cross coming up shortly

Is the women's race as long as the men? Roughly when will they be done?

A bit more than 3 hours.

Anyone else regularly watch fencing events but couldn't score it if their life was on the line?