2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Apparently the schedule would be too tight for Femke Bol to do both 400m and 400m hurdles. She felt more confident in 400m hurdles, but so has world record holder Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone. That is going to be a huge battle.

Apparently the schedule would be too tight for Femke Bol to do both 400m and 400m hurdles. She felt more confident in 400m hurdles, but so has world record holder Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone. That is going to be a huge battle.

I think we’ll see a world record in the 400m hurdles.

@Carolina Red

From monday who is must watch in wrestling?
So, I hardly ever watch the Greco, so this will all be freestyle. I’ll get you to Friday & then update again later

On Monday, in women’s 68kg, Amit Elor

On Tuesday, in women’s 50kg, Sarah Hildebrandt

On Thursday, in men’s 57kg, Spencer Lee - 86kg, Aaron Brooks (beat the defending gold medalist to qualify)- women’s 57kg, Helen Maroulis (2016 gold medalist)

On Friday, in men’s 74kg, Kyle Dake (defending bronze medalist) - 125kg Mason Paris - women’s 62kg, Kayla Miracle

Probably nothing to do with being a fascist and being buddy buddy with the fascist prime minister.

Just a choice - Doom, who did the lead leg for Belgium, will be running the 400 as will Klaver from the Dutch for instance. Plenty do both and you don't have to run the same team in the semi and the final

I think with MHS and Dobson they probably think they have realistic medal chances so have sat them out and let the others do it. May seem silly if neither of them medal.

Yeah a calculated risk by Hudson-Smith and hope for his sake it pays off. Yes he maybe favourite on Skybet but Norman and Gardiner are threats along with Hall.

Yeah Italian federation already told them to feck off and keep their dirty money, on behalf of Carini as well, who at least has apologized for her behaviour on the ring and is generally stepping away from it and taking her distance from the weirdos crusade

So, I hardly ever watch the Greco, so this will all be freestyle. I’ll get you to Friday & then update again later

On Monday, in women’s 68kg, Amit Elor

On Tuesday, in women’s 50kg, Sarah Hildebrandt

On Thursday, in men’s 57kg, Spencer Lee - 86kg, Aaron Brooks (beat the defending gold medalist to qualify)- women’s 57kg, Helen Maroulis (2016 gold medalist)

On Friday, in men’s 74kg, Kyle Dake (defending bronze medalist) - 125kg Mason Paris - women’s 62kg, Kayla Miracle

Thanks.

Unpopular opinion: beach volleyball is actually a pretty boring sport to watch. Rallies tend to be short, rarely going over the net more than 3 times, and sometimes they even struggle to get their serves in. (I get that it’s meant to be appealing for a certain male demographic, but if all you want to do is admire the female form, there are better Olympic sports for that)

Wiffen should make it 7 medals in 7 consecutive days for Ireland today. With Harrington guaranteed another medal on Tuesday, we could do with McIlroy taking the golf to a playoff that rolls over til tomorrow so we can keep the streak going.

So unfortunate for Marin in the women's badminton. So close to a win then an injury robs it all away.

Didn't catch why, but probably ruins what was turning into a great game
Indian player whacked a GB guy in the face with his stick, and it was ruled to be deliberate.

Games gone. That was a pretty standard move in hurling (at least I assume so after watching The Northman)

Shericka Jackson has pulled out of the 200m, not been a great start for Jamaican sprinters.

Sherica pulls out of the 200m now, what’s going on with these Jamaican sprinters?

Pro-tip: the Paris 2024 app is actually pretty good for getting results and the schedule etc for all events. It updates with the latest results almost instantly. I’ve found that the normally good BBC sports website has been awful for the Olympics, presumably due to the overall coverage being much reduced now

The IOC is probably stealing all my data to sell, but I don’t really care.

India GB hockey ends up 1-1 despite the red card. Into a shootout now