2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Great win for India in the shootout. Goalkeeper has to be the hero for his performance in the match and the shootout. GB really should have been able to do something in ordinary time - India were a man down for a long time.

So happy for India going through to the semis against Britain.
Would love for them to continue getting back to their best in the sport like they used to be decades ago.

Has it ever been confirmed what happened to Fraser-Pryce?

I saw a video yesterday of her fighting with a security guard outside a gate so I’d say it’s fairly safe to assume the reports have some truth to them. Whether it was overzealous security or a mistake on her part, it certainly doesn’t seem like she was injured.

These boxers losing against the others with the gender thing surrounding them, they're going in there having already lost, the Italian (I think) bird had already decided she just wanted to complain before the fight had even started.

They've already got 400 excuses before the fight even starts

“ Jamaican chef de mission Ian Kelly later told Reuters there had been a delay but that Fraser-Pryce's absence was due to injury.
"Mrs Fraser-Pryce was allowed to enter the warm up track but from another gate from which she was directed to enter from," he said.
"There is no truth that she was not allowed to enter the stadium. Unfortunately she was not able to compete due to an injury sustained during her final warmup." “ (bold added)

The women’s 400m hurdles heats starting now, the final will be the event to watch.

Has it ever been confirmed what happened to Fraser-Pryce?
An injury.

https://olympics.com/en/news/shelly...-final-ending-individual-media-fifth-olympics

And regarding the gate issue.

Fraser-Pryce was shown saying: "They've changed the rules. We came through this gate before but now they're saying athletes who have left can't use this gate."

Jamaican chef de mission Ian Kelly later told Reuters there had been a delay but that Fraser-Pryce's absence was due to injury.
"Mrs Fraser-Pryce was allowed to enter the warm up track but from another gate from which she was directed to enter from," he said.
"There is no truth that she was not allowed to enter the stadium. Unfortunately she was not able to compete due to an injury sustained during her final warmup."

https://www.reuters.com/sports/olympics/athletics-alfred-fires-100m-warning-richardson-2024-08-03/

Polo should make a comeback to the Olympics.

I like the style and control of Oumiha, I'm under the impression that many boxers aren't that good technically in this event.

With the Olympic village absolutely full of people with perfect physiques, those hammer throwers must really stand out.

With the Olympic village absolutely full of people with perfect physiques, those hammer throwers must really stand out.
The shot putters as well. Commentator yesterday mentioned that one of the yank is self coached too.

I generally don't like the "how is this an Olympic sport?" discussion, but I'll make an exception for when it's directed at Dressage. Mad posho nonsense.
Yeah just had to turn that over. Deathly dull with a large portion of animal cruelty too.

So what you're saying is make darts olympic?
They'd look less out of place than you'd imagine.

Some of those dressage folk were mid-50s, which is a bit odd too.

Solid runs from the Nielsen sisters so far, they have had their struggles making this far, doubt Lina will get a medal in the 400 Hurdles though, this is going to be a shootout between Bol and Mclaughin.

"You could see the horse smile, which brought the sun out over the court". The commentary (at least the German one) is even worse and more pompous than the 'sport' itself