2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

This has been a great olympics for the bespectacled, nerdy average person who is (not so) secretly an insane athlete :lol:

Henry has spent time in the gym. He looks like Ozil.

Thanks for the comment re 10,000m was wanting to watch it and didn't realise it had started as discovery was showing 800m heats

The BBC don't show the other heats seemingly so we're fooled into believing this mythical Aussie BMX'er doesn't exist and Beth is indeed miles clear :lol:

Is there anymore relays left where he could equal Kenny?

There is 4*100 medley relay and a mixed relay. Think he might be involved in the medley one though his best stroke is freestyle and Matt Richards is a better freestyle guy but I am sure they will have Scott involved in some way

When was the last time all athletes on the podium were from the same nation?

Even looking at the odds, Beth Schriever isn't that far ahead, the BBC really HAVE deceived us.... and their own commentary team who are outright claiming she is the mega favourite. That's odd coverage, but let's hope she just slams it home anyway.

Think Cheptegei is primely positioned here for a late burst.

The American guy Young has been absolutely dying for the entire race, no idea how he’s still hanging on in this 10,000km!

Timed it to perfection. An OR for good measure. What a race from the Ugandan.

That was such a fast paced 10,000m

So the british rider finished last after the hyping up of the caf?

Just have a one shot lap for the final in BMX seems a bit fecked there

Wow, Shriever demolished everyone in all runs I saw (not all), but fecked up completely in the final?

Jesus that’s brutal. You get crowded out at the start and you’re done.

Beth just didn't get off the line did she?

Ethiopia set the pace of that 10k but only 1 got a medal, did they go too quick or just less sprint?

Yeah, they were wild about her in the beeb studio tonight and yesterday, but they legit only showed her heats and never mentioned the winner also being as dominant in her heats.

That’s the thing with BMX, it’s one of those sports where you make one mistake and that’s it - four years of your life wasted. Seems a little unfair. I remember feeling the same way when Shanaze Reade messed it up in the final in 2012.

BMX just seems like if you get through the first corner in the lead then you win. In all my knowledge of precisely two races watched. Could do with doubling the length.

Axelsen through to the SF of the men's badminton singles

Zheng/Huang destroyed the mixed doubles final earlier today.