2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

I think it's HBO that rebranded to Max.
"In 2022, Warner Bros. Discovery announced that it's merging its two major brands, HBO Max and Discovery Plus, to create a combined platform called Max, which launched on May 23, 2023."

No idea why it's still D+ in UK. Maybe they're milking it and want people to pay for both? :lol:

That rowing race in Men's pair was amazing. The way how our brothers caught Brits....amazing stuff.

Dikec Yusuf, who only recently took up shooting after a particularly heated argument with his ex-wife, credits his success to his newfound passion for seeing his kids and a relentless drive to prove his ex wrong. "I never thought I'd be here," Yusuf said, shrugging nonchalantly. "I was just aiming for a weekend with the kids."

The 52-year-old, who works as a mechanic in a small garage in Istanbul, first picked up a gun during a particularly frustrating divorce mediation.

His unorthodox approach – no specialty gear, no training regimen, and a wardrobe consisting of his everyday jeans and a T-shirt – has baffled professional shooters. "He just shows up, shoots a near perfect round, and then asks if there's a smoking area nearby."

After winning silver, Yusuf stood emotionless on the Olympic podium and declared, "Sharon, if you're watching this, I want my dog back."

Is Paul O Donovan legit the greatest Irish athlete ever now? He must be up there. His dominance in the sport is insane.

And inbetween it all he went and qualified to be a doctor!

Dikec Yusuf, who only recently took up shooting after a particularly heated argument with his ex-wife, credits his success to his newfound passion for seeing his kids and a relentless drive to prove his ex wrong. "I never thought I'd be here," Yusuf said, shrugging nonchalantly. "I was just aiming for a weekend with the kids."

The 52-year-old, who works as a mechanic in a small garage in Istanbul, first picked up a gun during a particularly frustrating divorce mediation.

His unorthodox approach – no specialty gear, no training regimen, and a wardrobe consisting of his everyday jeans and a T-shirt – has baffled professional shooters. "He just shows up, shoots a near perfect round, and then asks if there's a smoking area nearby."

After winning silver, Yusuf stood emotionless on the Olympic podium and declared, "Sharon, if you're watching this, I want my dog back."
unfortunately it's fake but very funny nonetheless

I think it's more the case that laymen have no clue in ranking the difficulty and execution of dives or gymnastic routines, rather than bent judges.
When did I say the judges were bent? The commentators were literally saying that they thought the judges were hard on the Mexicans. The commentator was a former diver himself.

When did I say the judges were bent? The commentators were literally saying that they thought the judges were hard on the Mexicans. The commentator was a former diver himself.
You implied they were biased at least, feeling the Mexicans were judged more harshly than the Chinese.

Was it me or did Bryony just sing long live our noble queen there and quickly realised her mistake

Medal count so far for major European countries:
France: 28 (8)
GB: 24 (8)
Italy: 17 (5)

Germany: 6 (2)
Spain: 5 (1)

What’s going on with Germany?

The always measured Italian commentary screamed scandal for the scores of both GB and Mexico's last dives

The showjumping standings are insane, last round left and one mistake could mean GB go from gold to no medal

Everyone knows that the top two will be USA and China. The real battle is who gets the 3rd most gold medals. Last Olympics it was Japan, currently France is in 3rd. Home advantage perhaps? Although both countries are pretty solid and likely to finish well within the top 10 anyways.

Australia impresses me. Currently 5th and finished 6th in the last Olympics. Not bad for a country with 26 million people!

What sports do Germany do well in?

It feels like they should win more medals.
They’re normally really successful in shooting, equestrian and canoeing, but I think this year was one of the worst for Germany in many Olympics. Also top3 historically in Winter Olympics, after Norway and USA

Where does the money come from for equestrian? It’s hardly a massive spectator sport but these horses must cost millions of pounds to breed and train. Is it just something that billionaires like wasting their money on?

Horse jumping reminds me of taking a driving test where if you made a mistake at the start then the rest of the drive was just so painful to sit through

Brit commentators declared a win before it ended. You never, ever do that. That is biggest jinx in sport.

Where does the money come from for equestrian? It’s hardly a massive spectator sport but these horses must cost millions of pounds to breed and train. Is it just something that billionaires like wasting their money on?
I think so, yeah. I believe it's mainly very wealthy people who compete in this ridiculous 'sport'. In the past, you also had some military personnel, not so much anymore I guess