2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Yeah rowing is lit actually, you'd never guess :lol:

Going for silver here! Come on hold

Dogs, famous for their pulling ability?

Literally yes.

026_3_1009_jpeg_8f7d1e44-71be-41f3-aa35-2d15748c0432.jpg

My parents have been living there for the last 20 years or so. I'll take a bit of Skib glamour by proxy.

Do they live in Skibb itself?

I'm from Baltimore, about 8 miles away. Tonight will be unreal down there!

Do they live in Skibb itself?

I'm from Baltimore, about 8 miles away. Tonight will be unreal down there!

They live in the same parish as the O'Donovans. Near Church Cross. There's a class little pub there called Minehans which will be hopping tonight. I was there for a lock-in when they got back from Tokyo. Passing the gold medal around the pub. I have a photo of myself, plastered, with the medal round my neck. Much bigger and heavier than you'd think.

They live in the same parish as the O'Donovans. Near Church Cross. There's a class little pub there called Minehans which will be hopping tonight. I was there for a lock-in when they got back from Tokyo. Passing the gold medal around the pub. I have a photo of myself, plastered, with the medal round my neck. Much bigger and heavier than you'd think.

I know it well - lovely area. My parents were at a reunion at Minehans last week - an old friend home from the States had a big do there.

I have no fecking clue what's going on with that FX sailing but I love the scenery.

Even with some disappointing close finished, this is a vastly improved performance from the rowing team.

Finally another gold for GB! It would have been a shock if they’d lost, as they were probably GB’s hottest favourites in the whole Olympics, but it was good to see an easy win after all those close defeats.

I have a tiny dislike for the sports that are so dependent on the judges. Mexico deserved that gold in the synchronised diving. Their mistakes seemed to judged harder than the Chinese ones

With so many events going on do we really need 15 minutes of inane chat after the rowing from the BBC? The Eurosport coverage is much better.

Discovery plus app is so good for the Olympics, I love being able to pause stuff and come back to it.

I imagine most of us have never thought about how much you weighed

I have a tiny dislike for the sports that are so dependent on the judges. Mexico deserved that gold in the synchronised diving. Their mistakes seemed to judged harder than the Chinese ones
I think it's more the case that laymen have no clue in ranking the difficulty and execution of dives or gymnastic routines, rather than bent judges.

Does anyone know if Discovery + is on Virgin Media? I have the three Eurosport channels but couldn't find the Discovery + channel

Does anyone know if Discovery + is on Virgin Media? I have the three Eurosport channels but couldn't find the Discovery + channel
It’s an App, not sure how it works on Virgin but I’m guessing you need to sign up for it on their website first and then log into app for it in your TV.

It’s a streaming platform (called Max everywhere apart from UK), not a channel. Discovery Channel doesn’t show sports.

Might have to invest then ahead of the athletics this week. How much is it, £3.99?

I thought the 100m sprinter Alessandra Gasparelli was Italian based on the name, but when I looked her up (no particular reason, why’d you ask…) it turns out she’s from San Marino, and was one of their flag bearers.
Yep. So close to being Italian that she’s practically surrounded by them.