2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Inspiration.

0ab25050-54ea-447c-941c-2f4dfd9aceaa.jpg.webp
Great picture.

The “old guard” (Biles, Ledecky and Dressler) are saving the U.S. in this Olympics so far.

Now: Douglass wins gold.

Being appointed the GOAT is great but is for others to put you on that pedestal, to do it yourself is cringey.
The GOAT debates themselves have gotten cringey as hell. I interpreted the necklace as “you all think what you want to think, I reckon I’ve done alright.” For that reason I loved it.

Murray and Evans are going down fighting at least. It was always a big ask against these Americans.

Need to break Fritzl's serve here.

Damn, Murray/Nadal dream final gone.

That was really classy from Tommy Paul and Taylor Fritz. No real celebration at all.

Shriever doing really well in the BMX, dominated her group in quarters.

I would love an individual medley in which they let people pick their own order, imagine the chaos in understanding who is actually leading

Yeah but that’s my point, and that’s great. It’s cringeworthy for her to declare it herself though with a necklace
Nah man, it’s pretty dang cool. It’s not like it’s up for debate. Everyone knows it. She earned the right to wear that goat.

I’d love to have a go on that bmx track. Would probably face plant coming out of the gate though.

Winning three majors and two gold medals when competing with Nadal, Djokovic and Federer is some feat.
Yes, great career.

He beat Djokovic in two slam finals and Federer in the Olympic final.

Ledecky 3rd swimmer in this relay.

Last edited:
Ledecky with 13 medals. The most decorated American female.

She cut the lead of Australia by more than a second. Incredible!

Yeah but that’s my point, and that’s great. It’s cringeworthy for her to declare it herself though with a necklace
Agree. You don’t need to do that. But there’s a clear generational split with these kinds of things and many find it cool. To each their own I suppose.

Australia getting another Olympic gold in the pool. They have so much depth

Nah man, it’s pretty dang cool. It’s not like it’s up for debate. Everyone knows it. She earned the right to wear that goat.

The US obsession with GOAT status is cringey and super narcissistic. But Biles doesn't come across that way at all so it is a bit of a cultural clash.

Who was that boxer who beat the Scouser a few years back, Shields? Was calling herself the GWOAT and had like 11 fights before winning that fight.

The US obsession with GOAT status is cringey and super narcissistic. But Biles doesn't come across that way at all so it is a bit of a cultural clash.

Who was that boxer who beat the Scouser a few years back, Shields? Was calling herself the GWOAT and had like 11 fights before winning that fight.
I’ve no idea who the boxer is, but I don’t think the identification of someone as the greatest of all time is an “American” obsession.

See: Messi vs Ronaldo and Nadal vs Federer vs Djokovic

We just happen to have produced 2 absurdly good swimmers and an absurdly good gymnast

I’ve no idea who the boxer is, but I don’t think the identification of someone as the greatest of all time is an “American” obsession.

See: Messi vs Ronaldo and Nadal vs Federer vs Djokovic

We just happen to have produced 2 absurdly good swimmers and an absurdly good gymnast

My distaste from it comes from being a huge basketball fan and literally every discussion in forums and the like turning into "MJ v Lebron" "Give me your top 10" which then bled into football with the hideously tedious Ronaldo v Messi debates.

Of course discussing who the best ever is has always been a part of sports debate but in recent years it has becomes a worldwide obssession and I, quite possibly irrationally, blame US sports fandom/media for it.

My distaste from it comes from being a huge basketball fan and literally every discussion in forums and the like turning into "MJ v Lebron" "Give me your top 10" which then bled into football with the hideously tedious Ronaldo v Messi debates.

Of course discussing who the best ever is has always been a part of sports debate but in recent years it has becomes a worldwide obssession and I, quite possibly irrationally, blame US sports fandom/media for it.
If you wanted to hate on basketball fandom you shoulda just said so! I’m all in on that!

Disclaimer: the sport I coach competes with basketball for athletes