2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Bit of a crappy day for Team GB. I guess we were spoiled yesterday

Yeah Gold free day unfortunately, thought Women's Four or Clarke might get one. Here is US guaranteed Gold coming up in Biles taking them to 7

Last edited:
Yup Gold for him, Bronze for the guy who qualified last. Crazy format
The single run final seems unfair. Surely it’d be better to not bother with the semi-final and combine two runs for the final, similar to how it’s done in winter sports like bobsleigh.

You could run that final again 20 times and get a different three medalists each time, depending on who made some random error. That doesn’t seem like a fair way of ending four years of preparation. Of course, I’m only mad because our guy lost :lol:

The pace and height of that Simone Biles vault was immense.

One of my favourite things about the gymnastics that I have discovered is that you can sing Sunisa Lee's name to the chorus of Denis by Blondie. Had this on rotation in my head since the events started.

Biles didn't do the Biles. Bummer. She won't get a big score here but it doesn't really matter. I'm pissed she didn't do her element

I’ve never known a tennis tournament with such poor suggested match timings, although it might just be Discovery.

BBC were initially saying around 4pm for the Murray match. Now looking like 7.30, despite the singles being best of three sets and doubles using the tie break in the third set.

The single run final seems unfair. Surely it’d be better to not bother with the semi-final and combine two runs for the final, similar to how it’s done in winter sports like bobsleigh.

You could run that final again 20 times and get a different three medalists each time, depending on who made some random error. That doesn’t seem like a fair way of ending four years of preparation. Of course, I’m only mad because our guy lost :lol:
Exactly, it’s madness really especially considering the heats in this event have two runs each and you take best of the two but then they do single semis & finals. The conditions seem so drastic that it’s hard to believe that anyone can be consistent all the time at this

Boxing judging makes no feckin sense.

Irish girl robbed

Sunisa Lee nailed it.

This gymnastics has been great to watch. Some very talented gymnasts who aren't going to win a medal, purely due to the high level of competition.

Maybe, Andrade has been brilliant though and will at least make her work hard for it.

Nothing fun going on tonight? BMX is pretty meh. Once you've seen one heat you've basically seen the entire thing.

She is incredible, and was pushed.

She has that elite sports person quality of just looking different, like Messi on the ball, or Peak Federer, or Bolt, or Jonathan Edwards triple jumping, just a level that is hard to quantify.

As a double ACL sufferer some of these landings are literally terrifying, and that is with refusing to think how they could come down on their head.

Feel sorry for D'Amato and Nemour. Both have performed very well, but the competition is just relentless. Biles, Andrade and Lee have been utterly class. Such a high level event.

Biles is on another level, absolutely class. GOAT and might set the bar for decades to come.

That was brilliant and against some great performances from the others too.

Going last, I wondered if the pressure might get to Biles. No chance. If anything, she turned the dial up another notch.

Extraordinary!

Inspiration.

0ab25050-54ea-447c-941c-2f4dfd9aceaa.jpg.webp

Summer McIntosh is having some serious success in these Olympics